Home The Bridge
Options

Happy Anniversary Patterns of Force

*Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
1 year ago today I started our fleet, Patterns of Force. To be honest, it had a different name then, but the reason why the fleet was started was different then as well. About 2 months after we began, the reason for being changed and shortly thereafter the name as well. The next 10 months would be an amazing adventure as we grew from 1 to 50 players and from a starbase level 1 to level 101. Along the way I have met some great people and made some fantastic friends. I reconnected with some old friends who came to join us, and unfortunately, I lost a couple along the way. We have been ridiculed by some, trolled, and sabotaged, but that’s ok, we know what we are and that is happy. We are the “little fleet that could” and boy can we!

POF is based on friendship, camaraderie, and a love of Star Trek, yes even Enterprise and Discovery (you know who you are). But we also share our stories, our hopes and fears, hugs of joy and shoulders to cry on. We endure together. We have only 1 rule, have fun! And we do have fun! We have such a wonderful group of people here; I wish you could meet them all and see what it is like to be here with us.

I want to make special mention to a few of my fleet mates who have really gone above and beyond to make this journey possible. And none have done more than Captain Magnum. Without Mag, I do not think we would have made it. He was the first to join me here and took on recruiting duty bringing in people in the first couple weeks, most of whom are still with us. Mag was “on loan” to me at first, he returned to his fleet once we were up and running, but I guess we grew on him and he eventually came back us (and he is NEVER leaving again). When my mom passed away last September, Magnum took over FADM duties for me as I took some time off and we never missed a beat. We would be lost without his grace, dignity and counsel, Mag is truly special, we are so blessed to have him with us.

Next, I would like to mention my squad in my old fleet now all members here, some of whom you may know from UC: Silver, Whisper, Blue and Colli. Commander Bloodhound was there too, but sadly for health reasons she left the game and I miss her terribly. What a character Blood was, I am so glad I got the chance to meet her. Silver has been here from the beginning as well, her presence, wit and humor are felt here every day. She left for abit too, well twice, she gets that way, lol, but soon returned to us and she is another one that is NEVER leaving again! (I know where you are now and don’t think I won’t drive down there!)

Peace Blade has also been with us from the beginning, always there, steady, great player always has time to answer a question. I don’t think he sleeps at all or he has bots running his account, I cannot remember the last time he was NOT online! Az, Rep, Walker, Maxi, Tach and Kor all bring a great sense of humor to us. Each with a unique story to tell making us better in every way. Walker is so funny, talks to himself on the night shift and apart from occasionally catching the starbase lounge furniture on fire, he is always there for us when we can’t sleep and are up at 3AM.

And finally, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention my lovingly named “misfit crew”: Cuppers, Caz, Foxy, Mon and KJ. These 5 characters brought so much new energy and enthusiasm to our fleet that it took us all to the next level. Foxy and Caz, always so quick and willing with a kind word, truly special people to be with. There is never a dull moment when the misfit crew gets going….well, some things must be left in fleet chat!

For those of you who don’t know us, the next time you see a POF tag please remember what you read here. I could tell a story about every member of our fleet and I hope I have given you some small sense of just how special these people are, to me, to each other and to the STT community.

I do not have the words to describe my feelings about this bunch. With players from Canada to Malaysia, all over Europe and the US, I have learned so much from being with them, about life, love, loss and happiness. When I started this journey 1 year ago, I did not know where it would take me, or how it would end. Someone once said, its not the destination, it’s the journey, and this has been a journey I will never forget. So HAPPY ANNIVERSARY POF, I hope our 2nd year together is as wondrous and exciting as our first! From the bottom of my heart, I wish each you, my loving fleeties all the best.

I love you all! ~Noms~
Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

Comments

• Options
    In honour of our fleet’s third anniversary Cuisine T’Fran is proud [Really? 0.o] to announce there will a celebratory soup and finger buffet held on the Soup deck at 18:00 hours.

The festivities will include:

A prize raffle, winning ticket holder will be presented with a 100 year Romulan ale, recently liberated from the Admiral’s drinks cabinet.

Fun and party games such as Pin the Leola Root on Neelix.

A best soup recipe competition, first prize a month’s supply of du jour.

Music to be provided by the Plomeek Soup Gang. 0.o

Drinks by our very own Captain Colli..., just don’t tell her someone raided her bar! Shh!

Special thanks to the pointy-eared hobgoblin who found the keys to the bar and drinks cabinets. 0.o
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are more examples, but Shan said I had to keep it at a 1,000-word limit.
    <- did not! :D

Happy anniversary, PoF!

Thank you for updating this post, @Nomad (FADM:Patterns of Force) and for all the passion you've put into the fleet, and the human connections you've made along the way :)
  • Options
    May 1st 2022: Happy 4 years PoF!!!!

Noms has asked me to do the write-up this year so hopefully I can do her and the fleet justice!

We’ve had a few changes over the past year, Noms left, came back, Foxy became admiral, left, came back, Noms became admiral again etc. I’ve been here the whole time though, even if that just means logging on to do dailies :wink:

I started playing STT in January 2017 and first met Noms in December that year. We were part of a different fleet at first but eventually Noms started PoF and soon enough I was right there behind her! I never knew our timelines family would grow to be so big and now we even have two more in our family of fleets! PoF 2 is a great place with some more wonderful people and I had the privilege of hanging out there as admiral for several months in the summer of 2020. PoF 3 is now up to starbase 78 and thriving!

My favorite thing about PoF is all the incredible people i’ve met along the way. Even though we’ve lost some great ones along the journey, if i’m feeling down, or in need of a good laugh all I need to do is hang out and have a great chat with my favorite fleeties and forget about life for a little while.

My role in the fleet has slowly evolved to somewhat of a fleet elder with lots of game and trivia knowledge and someone who’s always up for a good chat! I love my fleet and wouldn’t change anything about it! except for getting Nomad to host trivia sometime :wink:

Moral of the story is when I started playing I was simply enjoying a new star trek game, but i’ve been so lucky to find my star trek family! I love you all, and here’s to many more years PoF!

~Colli :heart:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!