Comments

• Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Look forward to checking this out.
  • Options
    PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Everyone,

Beta 1.06 has launched with a new feature - the ability to select crew for voyage slots and provide insight into your scores for voyages. At this time it does not calculate or estimate the length of the voyage. It also does not factor in traits/antimatter. No ETA on if/when either will be added.

To use, look in the Voyage Pairs tab in column O. There will be a dropdown. As you select each spot, it will add that data automatically to the Assigned Crew tab, where it will add your totals for you.

This addition can give you insight to how to better structure your voyages. You can plan in advance where your strongest crew can and should be used, and run calculations to see what your theoretical max voyage is.

As with previous versions, this is still in Beta. Thank you to all who have been reporting bugs - please continue to do so! I also plan to continue working on improving results - still finding issues on even my own copy of the sheet.

STT Voyage Planning Tool Beta 1.06:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PNcGeoYS7k7e2Yb5SbHnkXREZNYrfpwOy5BAPmLr9Vw/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    always great for a community tool like this, keep it up. good work.
  • Options
    PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭
    always great for a community tool like this, keep it up. good work.

Thank you. :)

It's got a long way to go. Yesterday I was doing a SCI/MED voyage and my SEC was running low, so I wanted to toss Kol or Thrax on there. They were nowhere to be found in any of the results I was pulling. So it's definitely not where it needs to be.

I'm open to suggestions.
  • Options
    PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭
    Beta 1.07 is now available for download and has a number of changes.

Most notable changes include removing the Top 50 Voyage Crew tab, as it has now been folded into the Voyage Pairs tab. I have also included a dynamic list of base stats for all crew based on voyage ranking (either total or individual skill).

There is also a counter for immortalized crew, so you can better keep track if you're missing anyone.

Under the hood, there are now flags to better track whether crew is owned, immortalized, or frozen. Not much going on here yet, but some of these additions are in place for future use.

As always, let me know if you run into any issues, or simply have suggestions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/152NxKUq-Nj_9qAMFWtuzB8EEtBE7-fFE2YE8-Yr8-RY/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Using the # of stars being equal on a crew is not an indicator that the crew is immortalized. I have several 4/4 crew that are not FE yet and it is counting them as Immortalized.

Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭
    Using the # of stars being equal on a crew is not an indicator that the crew is immortalized. I have several 4/4 crew that are not FE yet and it is counting them as Immortalized.

The sheet isn't going to return proper stats unless you're entering your fully equipped crew. I would recommend holding off on entering crew untill they are level 100 fully equipped.
  • Options
    PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Small update today - new crew has been added as well as a new feature to show your total roster voyage rankings. It mirrors the Base Voyage Totals, just... well, with your exact roster.

Please let me know if anything is missing or if you encounter any bugs. It's been a little crazy since my last update, but I wanted to sneak this out before the weekend.

STT Voyage Planning Tool Beta 1.08 (20 June 2019): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S3ZZH7FtXfduD3NSb7S9WzQYZjWDRcAUJKVi_MySURo/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Hi. Could you possibly add the ability to mark multiple copies of a crew member? I understand if you can't really manage to do two crew at different fusion levels because I can imagine that would be an excessive amount of work, but just the ability to mark off two or three or whatever copies of a crew member would be nice.
  • Options
    PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭
    Hi. Could you possibly add the ability to mark multiple copies of a crew member? I understand if you can't really manage to do two crew at different fusion levels because I can imagine that would be an excessive amount of work, but just the ability to mark off two or three or whatever copies of a crew member would be nice.

This... could be difficult to implement.

I need to brainstorm it a bit before I give a straight yes/no answer. My best solution in the meantime is copying the crew in the Stats screen so there's a duplicate row of the data. You will need to append one of them with a marker of sorts (Mirror Jean-Luc Picard A, Mirror Jean -Luc Picard B, for example).

The catch with this are the amount of formulas you'd have to drag down across multiple sheets. Nothing too crazy, but if you miss one it'll throw the data off.

I'm not at the computer right now but I'll mess around with this a bit and follow up. I'm glad you brought this issue up - I've been considering overhauling the way the sheet aggregates data and this is as good of a reason to do it as any.
  • Options
    PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭
    Happy Independence Day to all in the US that are celebrating!

Just a short update today, with new crew added up to the current event.

As always, hit me up if you catch any errors or bugs. With any luck I can start working on refining the existing features and adding new ones prior to the next update.

STT Voyage Planning Tool Beta 1.09 (04 July 2019): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bFGDxRRoXQ-CVGoYXydsynkc-dAbylnJrm5SNPkUPXs/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭
    Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates lately. Real life has gotten a little hectic.

Nothing crazy this update either - just a crew update with everything I've missed over the past couple of weeks.

Hopefully when things start to settle down I can resume working on some of the features I'd like to.

STT Voyage Planning Tool Beta 1.10 (28 July 2019):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VbQLE9zREjX5pq7INyFHUdDo6uq8MxsooW6uuIiu8so/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭
    The filter was turned off for the Roster tab in error. I edited it into the existing version. Please redownload (or just activate the filter yourself) if need be.

Sorry! I'm a little rusty. :-P
  • Options
    This is an excellent tool for not only planning voyages but also deciding which crew to cite/chase after in events. Running a simulation of a voyage, I can see where I have certain "gaps" in my skills. Also, but putting in crew I'm thinking about citing at 5/5, I can see how much value they will really have once FFFE.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Another addition that would be nice is if reverse skill order was a choice in the Voyage Pairs tab. For example, a CMD+DIP voyage is different from a DIP+CMD voyage in terms of who you would prioritize. It's possible to judge this on your own, but having it on the sheet would just be a Quality of Life thing.
  • Options
    Another addition that would be nice is if reverse skill order was a choice in the Voyage Pairs tab. For example, a CMD+DIP voyage is different from a DIP+CMD voyage in terms of who you would prioritize. It's possible to judge this on your own, but having it on the sheet would just be a Quality of Life thing.

Right now it doesn't (shouldn't) discriminate between primary and secondary, so CMD+DIP should also be returning DIP+CMD and ranks them based on the combined, not CMD or DIP individually.

Of course it's possible there's a bug and it's not working properly so please let me know if that's the case.

I definitely would like to reorganize the results to display as you've suggested however. Or, at least some sort of indication of primary and secondary skills.
  • Options
    Big update here folks.

Beta 1.11 launches a new feature - Voyage Time Estimations.

I have integrated @Chewable C++ 's wonderful Voyage Calculator into the sheet (with permission, many many thanks!). By choosing positions for your crew and assigning primary and secondary skills, you can get a reasonable estimation of how long the voyage will take before you will need to revive.

To use, choose your favored skills on the Voyage Pairs tab. Column O will allow you to select their seat on the voyage (CMD 1, CMD2, DIP1, DIP 2, etc). Then, in the Assigned Crew tab, change the Skill Slot in Row 16 to Primary, Secondary, or Other. You can even enter your Antimatter total!

Of course, new crew has been added as well, up through this weekend's event.

Now that the voyage calculator is working I intend on focusing on improving the search algorithms for crew results.

Any questions, comments or suggestions, please let me know.

STT Voyage Planning Tool Beta 1.11 (16 August 2019): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GVO39CLbgCAcCU8EH1BhYNUA_rAlzIVgXgpBIIoyPB4/edit?usp=sharing

• Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    Great work !
    2 points :
    - what is the best way to import from "do not airlock" sheet ?
    - Is that possible, or someone already did a 10 hours voyage without refill ?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Great work !
    2 points :
    - Is that possible, or someone already did a 10 hours voyage without refill ?

Definitely possible. My best 11 hours on the dot.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    /edit: Never mind!

Great thing. As I got something wrong in the first place I need to rethink. :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the effort you put in this. It really is amazing.

I really love most parts of it even if the main focus of the whole thing does not work for me - the Voyage Pairs tab. I find it difficult to handle (especially as naturally crew appears in several sections but has no marker if it has already been assigned to a seat in a different section). If I do the assignment ingame I am much faster and the outcome also turns out to be better (not only for bonuses but also the crew setup). Maybe it is because of my limited roster - it is no hassle for me to find the proper crew without lots of scrolling. I can imagine that this is different if you have 100+ 5/5 crews to choose from.

I could not check if the voyage estimator works properly as one of my chosen crew was nowhere to be found in the Voyage Pairs tab even though it fit in perfectly. (Crell Moset is on rank 76 of my overall roster; for a MED/COM voyage I could not select him anywhere when he was in a SCI seat.)

Buuuuuut I love
    1. the possibility to use this everywhere and enter crew changes at home and at work and always have it up to date.
    2. to simulate citing decisions and compare their outcome on the Roster Voyage Totals tab. This is amazingly helpful. Currently to me this is the best tab of the entire thing.
    3. to realize how good some frozen crew of mine actually is voyage-wise.

What I would like to see but is probably not in the focus of your usage:
    2. Mark frozen crew on the Roster Voyage Totals tab (different font color or something like that)
    3. add columns to this tab for
    a) frozen Y/N
    b) stat bases and proficiencies along with the "notes" column from the Roster tab (for Arena purposes) to help with freezing decisions
    4. Grey out crew in the Voyage Pairs tab that has been assigned to a seat already in another section
    5. have also sums in the "Top 50 Voyagers section" - not only the actual pairs but also if only one value applies

I am aware that some of the suggestions are not voyage related but I use it as a tool to keep track of my crew not only from the voyage perspective but for every aspect of the game.

Oh, I entered all of my crew in the roster tab but to the count of those that are not FE yet I use to add a comma to the number ("1," "2," and so on) which makes the query invalid. So I can see if I have them and how many and also filter for them without generating wrong numbers for the other tabs.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi all, very sorry for the delay in responding. Been a crazy week at work.
    Mururoa wrote: »

Unfortunately there probably isn't a very easy way to accurately transfer over all data in one shot. We share a similar interface but our release schedules are likely very different and it's impossible for me to ensure I have all of the same crew @Leshy has on every release. Sorry. :(
    I could not check if the voyage estimator works properly as one of my chosen crew was nowhere to be found in the Voyage Pairs tab even though it fit in perfectly. (Crell Moset is on rank 76 of my overall roster; for a MED/COM voyage I could not select him anywhere when he was in a SCI seat.)

Generally speaking the voyage pairs tab is pretty broken right now. There are a lot of gaps in the results. The top 50 at the bottom of the sheet was sort of a patch to try to address that, but I'm not happy with the way it's working out. The issue I'm running into is trying to find a way to display things in Excel and lock them in place so the data can pivot into the estimator. I have some ideas, but my free time just hasn't been there in a bit. I'm open to suggestions on how to make this work though.
    Mark frozen crew on the Roster Voyage Totals tab (different font color or something like that)

The infrastructure is in place for this currently, but I haven't implemented it yet. I'll try to see if I can push that for the next version (if not the following version).
    3. add columns to this tab for
    a) frozen Y/N
    b) stat bases and proficiencies along with the "notes" column from the Roster tab (for Arena purposes) to help with freezing decisions

I'll see what I can do about this. Frozen should definitely be there. Notes might not be necessary (and it would push out the columns further, making access on smaller screens even more difficult.
    4. Grey out crew in the Voyage Pairs tab that has been assigned to a seat already in another section

I like this idea. I'll try to get that in the next version.
    5. have also sums in the "Top 50 Voyagers section" - not only the actual pairs but also if only one value applies

I will need to look in to this further. I feel like there was a reason I didn't add this initially, but I can't remember why.
    Oh, I entered all of my crew in the roster tab but to the count of those that are not FE yet I use to add a comma to the number ("1," "2," and so on) which makes the query invalid. So I can see if I have them and how many and also filter for them without generating wrong numbers for the other tabs.

Something doesn't seem right here. You should be able to enter crew that is not fully fused (which, honestly, was the entire reason that I built this tool - those pesky 1/5's!) Can you take a screen shot of what's happening or PM me a link to an editable copy of your sheet? Or hit me up on the Discord if you're in there. It'll be a little easier to chat back and forth.

EDIT: Try not using a comma. Just enter the digit. I think that's the issue. The sheet is dynamic and will display stats for 1/5 properly compared to 3/5 or 5/5.

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    PsionStorm wrote: »

Something doesn't seem right here. You should be able to enter crew that is not fully fused (which, honestly, was the entire reason that I built this tool - those pesky 1/5's!) Can you take a screen shot of what's happening or PM me a link to an editable copy of your sheet? Or hit me up on the Discord if you're in there. It'll be a little easier to chat back and forth.

EDIT: Try not using a comma. Just enter the digit. I think that's the issue. The sheet is dynamic and will display stats for 1/5 properly compared to 3/5 or 5/5.
    Sorry, obviously I did not make myself clear. I did this intentionally for crew that is not FE yet so that they are still in the sheet... as some sort of workaround to have them there but not mess up the data everywhere else. Like this:

zo67kq76pefi.png

So this was not about pointing out an error but rather a hint for people who would also like to enter all of their crew even if it is not FE yet. This part works perfectly indeed!

• Options
    So this was not about pointing out an error but rather a hint for people who would also like to enter all of their crew even if it is not FE yet. This part works perfectly indeed!

Gotcha!

Obviously that's not *quite* how I intended the sheet to be used, but I'm not your mom. Go right ahead. And thanks for sharing the tip! :)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    PsionStorm wrote: »

Gotcha!

Obviously that's not *quite* how I intended the sheet to be used, but I'm not your mom. Go right ahead. And thanks for sharing the tip! :)

I kinda mis-use it probably but you did such an awesome job on it that it is suitable for basically everything crew related except Arena. *hint* :D
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm sorry there hasn't been an update in over a month. I've had a few things going on IRL that have kept me from completing version 1.12. It's mostly completed, but is still missing some data.

I *hope* to have this done for the weekend once the Mega stats are published but I've got a hectic week ahead of me and it's impossible to guarantee.

I just wanted to let everyone know the project has not been abandoned.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Beta 1.12 is up and available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nkVStGhhkcF_bOSrlUVZp2z9L4fPFvV4WeMeEAwTtNE/edit?usp=sharing

This version adds missing crew since version 1.11. It is entirely possible I have missed some crew. Please let me know if I have.

I will be at NYCC all day today so any fixes will take a day or two to implement.

Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always thanks a lot for your efforts! Love this!

From what I can say from my roster only Miss Q is not ok, her base SCI values for 2, 3 and 4 stars along with her proficiencies are missing (fixed this for myself already).

At least no crew I have is missing.

Have fun at the NYCC!
  • Options
    From what I can say from my roster only Miss Q is not ok, her base SCI values for 2, 3 and 4 stars along with her proficiencies are missing (fixed this for myself already).

Good catch! I've fixed it in the current version. Thanks!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

At least no crew I have is missing.

Just realized that this sounds ungreatful as I phrased it. Sorry!

What I meant was that from what I can tell from my newer aquisitions everybody is in there. But there are some Tuesday pack guys I do not have and/or remember so this means no guarantees.