Home Make It So!
Options

Should you be able to substitute higher items for lower ones when building items?

To clarify, I have 300 1 star Ancient Films, but always am out of 0 star ancient films. I think we should be able to use the higher item if we want when building.

Should you be able to substitute higher items for lower ones when building items? 10 votes

Yes, any higher in place of lower item.
40%
Odo MarmarosaCaptain SushiCaptain RomarCaptain SMR 4 votes
Yes, but two stars higher only.
0%
No, keep the build as is.
60%
Banjo1012SoupKitchen RikerGib - Admiral MarinersGhostStalkertytlalDirk Gunderson 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some things are supposed to be difficult to obtain. Like 2* science experiments, hyperspanners, and 0 Star ancient films. Not everything in life should be adjusted to be made easy
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the actual "problem" here, if any, is that a lot of low star FACTION items are harder to obtain when your faction reputation is higher. For me, it's the 0* intel from Section 31, I can never get enough of that. I have hundreds of 1* intel, but of course I wouldn't expect to be able to use that as a substitute.

The whole point is to make you do the faction missions. Sometimes, I do wish it was more likely to award you lower star items instead of higher ones, but if that were the case, I'd probably be running a deficit of the higher ones. You're always going to want what you don't have.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first thought was to say yes - it’s like putting racing slicks on a rusted-out Beetle...even though it’s massive overkill, the end result still works - but the real solution would be to fix the pain points that restrict availability of “basic” and “common” items more than their “super-rare” counterparts. Banjo is right that some things should be harder to obtain than others, though I think that should be high-rarity items rather than faction-specific “low”-rarity items. In either case, a massive change to the item construction system really isn’t the best way to go, and would likely generate other bugs that are no fun for anyone.