Home The Bridge

STT Community Fill-in Crossword

Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
Inspired by the @ByloBand's Word Search, I have created a new pastime: a Fill-in Crossword with the names of many distinguished captains of this forum, as well as some words related to this game and community.

I am not sure if you know what a Fill-in Crossword is, this is the definition on Wikipedia: “A Fill-in Crossword (also known as crusadex or cruzadex) features a grid and the full list of words to be entered in that grid, but does not give explicit clues for where each word goes. The challenge is figuring out how to integrate the list of words together within the grid so that all intersections of words are valid.”

qxmog6eirgh0.jpg

I have probably forgotten many distinguished captains, so I apologize in advance. But according a Spanish saying: ‘No están todos los que son, pero sí son todos los que están’. Although it is hard to translate it literally because of the meaning of the verbs ‘ser’ and 'estar' (in English both are 'to be'), this is the most accurate translation keeping the spirit of the message: ‘Not are here all who matter, but they matter all who’re here’

I have had to set a limit on words of 18 letters, and I also had to shorten up some names (and without numbers). There are 94 words in total, and I think the level of difficulty is quite high, so I’ve tried to add as many initial words as possible so they act as guides. I've attached the original file, and I’ve also attached the Fill-in Crossword resolved, in case you get stuck at some point.

I hope you like it!

Comments

• AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed out again :(
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    This is most impressive! Thank you for doing this :)

-EDIT-
    I have probably forgotten many distinguished captains, so I apologize in advance. But according a Spanish saying: ‘No están todos los que son, pero sí son todos los que están’. Although it is hard to translate it literally because of the meaning of the verbs ‘ser’ and 'estar' (in English both are 'to be'), this is the most accurate translation keeping the spirit of the message: ‘Not are here all who matter, but they matter all who’re here’

That translation makes perfect sense to me :)

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gracias para incluirme la crucigrama.

Saludos desde el norte!

Aupa Haere Lintesereg!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danke mein freund! Es ist zehr gut zum sehen meine namen om diesen!
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    owway i'veyay evernay oneday oneyay ofyay esethay eforebay , anksthay orfay ethay effortyay !
  • Thank you for including me... I'ma sit down and figure this out this weekend when I have a few hours XD
  • I thought at first you weren’t going to list the words that go with the puzzle and I was like, WHAT!? THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE! Then I realized they were below the puzzle. Face palm, lol. Now if only someone could actually manage to put together a crossword puzzle. The problem would be coming up with clues for the names that people could actually guess.

Anyhow, thanks for the inclusion!
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very cool. Thank you for using your valuable time to create something for this community to enjoy. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to have to print this off...nicely done!
  • Very cool! I love these puzzles Haere Lintesereg!
    I have attempted to print this out twice and failed both times, because our printer is apparently out of black ink. more ink is being acquired soon, and I will make another attempt then :)

Still blown away with how cool this is :)

If anybody is struggling to print this out to do by hand, hopefully this will help. Through strategic use of screen grabs, cutting/pasting, carefully piecing parts together, and some crude photo editing in Paint I have cobbled together this puzzle into a (hopefully) single page Word document that can be downloaded and printed. I couldn't get the resolution to be great but it should definitely get the job done.

(NOTE: I do not actually have Word - I use Open Office - but I saved it in the Word format)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vielen dank, mein freund!

I only remember a little German, but enough to express my gratitude. :)

Such a great and creative community!
    Farewell 🖖
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayyyy cool.

Thank goodness there weren't clues associated with the names. I may be an obsessive compulsive data nerd but I don't need to see it in print, lol.

Thanks so much, fun!
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • This is great! :smiley:

I still have to finish ByloBand's word search, I guess I'll have to print them out both :smiley:
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, this is cool. At first I was going to resist, but then I focused on one spot in the puzzle just to see how it worked, and I figured out 3 names, and now - darn it - I'm going to have to print it or screen shot it or whatever and work it through.

Nice work!
  • I finally have time to start on it. Thank you for the amazing effort!!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Oh, this is cool. At first I was going to resist, but then I focused on one spot in the puzzle just to see how it worked, and I figured out 3 names, and now - darn it - I'm going to have to print it or screen shot it or whatever and work it through.

Nice work!

It is visually addicting, I managed to just mentally solve the upper left quadrant (the Gamma Quadrant?) and had to stop myself.
    Intentionally Left Blank
    Behold, the thumb of Bylo Band!

0onjatlcrjnj.jpg

Finally got our printer working, so I'll be doing this tonight!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    *trying to block @ByloBand 's thumb*
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    *trying to block @ByloBand 's thumb*

At least it’s trimmed and clean
    edited May 2019
    Mistakes were made, but....
    tdverp49yg97.jpg

Thank you for putting this together @Haere Lintesereg!

I encourage anybody who wants to do this to print out that file I attached and go for it, it is pretty challenging.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is crazy sweet... nicely done... and Wow Bylo, you weren't kidding when you said you were gonna tackle it
    Yateball wrote: »
    This is crazy sweet... nicely done... and Wow Bylo, you weren't kidding when you said you were gonna tackle it

Only took me about 70 minutes. Could have done it in less were it not for a combination of RL distractions and a copy of tricks built into the puzzle :)
  • Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats @ByloBand for resolve the crossword, and for the word file!

I'm glad that all of you liked this! Thank you very much for your kind words!
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the inclusions... now I definitely can't let this go unsolved!
  • Whew! That was a blast! Thank you for honoring me with inclusion!