Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyage Feature Skills/Ship Bonus Not Resetting

Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
Over the last few weeks every day after the voyage reset time (locally around 4:00-5:00 PM) the bonus ship and feature skills have not reset.

I have been doing the usual reset tactic of sending out a voyage for 20-30 seconds before recalling and that used to work, but recently doing that multiple times in a row has not worked.

I've been forced to escalate by completely closing the app, re-loading, sending another 20-30 second voyage, and recalling, but even this does not always work.

As a last resort I sometimes have to completely close the app, restart my entire phone, re-load the app, send out multiple 20-30 second voyages, and recall them before my bonus ship and feature skills FINALLY reset!

It is infuriating, and it is my hope that by reporting this here a solution can be achieved. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think all the phone reboots are actually helping. Probably all the 20-30 sec voyages are eventually triggering the switch on the server. With all the issues this has been causing, I don't actually know what time the trait change is anymore. I have run the same voyage repeatedly for three days once because the skills and traits weren't changing. 🤗

It doesn't affect me too much though because all my voyages are between 8-9 hours so I don't need to nit pick too much. If someone was aiming for 6/8/10 then it would definitely affect them more.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've wondered that myself, and you very well may be right. All I know is that at least for me (sample size: 1) this issue has gotten orders of magnitude worse in recent weeks.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been no consistency in months, as far as I've observed. And I've had MED/ENG in 3 of my last 4 voyages. So as you can imagine, I'm not thrilled about it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been no consistency in months, as far as I've observed. And I've had MED/ENG in 3 of my last 4 voyages. So as you can imagine, I'm not thrilled about it.

OMG, that is the EXACT same combination I've been stuck with for basically an entire week! If you don't mind my asking, what have your ship bonuses been? I've been getting nothing but Reman and Klingon.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

OMG, that is the EXACT same combination I've been stuck with for basically an entire week! If you don't mind my asking, what have your ship bonuses been? I've been getting nothing but Reman and Klingon.

I had MED/ENG happen for an entire weekend. Talk about a let down every time those skills kept coming up

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I had MED/ENG happen for an entire weekend. Talk about a let down every time those skills kept coming up

The more reports that appear in this thread, the more I'm starting to think something bigger is going on. It may still be a coincidence as our N is too small to say for certain, but it is starting to feel hinky that A} it happened repeatedly over the same period of time and B} that it happened with the same two feature skills.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Others have commented elsewhere so they probably have an idea it is going on. The reset probably got messed up in an update.
  • Options

Update: 4 of the past 5 Voyages.
    Ship bonuses have been Hologram, EMP, and now Scout.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Update: 4 of the past 5 Voyages.
    Ship bonuses have been Hologram, EMP, and now Scout.

I think I have matched only one ship trait in the last week, as I seem to get Hologram, Dominion, and Reman a lot. As many 5* ships as I have at level 8 or above (a list that now includes the Reliant, Ni’var, and Orion interceptor), I would think I would match much more often than I do. But traits like Cloaking Device, War Veteran, EMP, Battlecruiser, and Brutal seem to pop up once a month instead of once a day.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that at reset time the voyage ship and skills never reset by themselves. I have found that sending out two voyages of at least 3 minutes seems to do the trick. But that is time consuming and annoying. Often I forget to get them after 3 minutes.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    My record is the same Voyage traits going 11 days straight. That was so frustrating! Also a Med-something, it's been a while since it was that bad. The repeats haven't happened in about a month now for me fortunately, but still a problem. Seems like Klingon/MED/ENG or MED/SCI is the worst one to get stuck.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, earlier this week I got stuck on Klingon Sci/Med for over 2 days.
  • Options
    Update: 5 of 7 MED/ENG with the most recent trait being Reman. May update in a bit. We'll see if my voyage skills change in 15 minutes when my voyage returns. It's been really annoying. It's like a new nerf on Voyages.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: 5 of 7 MED/ENG with the most recent trait being Reman. May update in a bit. We'll see if my voyage skills change in 15 minutes when my voyage returns. It's been really annoying. It's like a new nerf on Voyages.

That is exactly how I feel about it. Like how The Gauntlet used to run out the exact combination to give Guinan a 65% for a week straight, only now it is for the thing we all use to farm up event resources.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is if they don't change traits after the 24 hour. If they stay the same then does that mean that getting the display issue for the traits really aren't changed. I have done some voyages that go 9 hours plus followed immediately by another voyage with the same crew and the same set up that barely passes 8 hours. For that reason, I send out two 3 minutes shuttles. after that it resets for me. Works every time. (As long as it is past the daily reset.)
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Been stuck in MED/ENG hell myself for the last few voyages, usually with Reman as my ship which is especially annoying as I don't have it.....
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been stuck in MED/ENG hell myself for the last few voyages, usually with Reman as my ship which is especially annoying as I don't have it.....

I feel your pain, I've had that EXACT combo three times this week+!
  • Options
    Didn't tread though all posts, but you can trie when starting a new voyage a quick recall after 4 or 5 sec. Than start a new one. I have had a skill change happen when I got same stats on a sec voyage
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things to report.

1. I've been using the @DavideBooks Method for voyage management all week, and it has worked 100% successfully as advertised. Thank you, sir.

2. I've HAD to use the DavideBooks Method all week, because this issue has gone from an occasional nuisance to a constant "feature". Not sure if this is an issue with my phone or something is going on with the game itself, but I sincerely hope if it is the game that it gets addressed sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    I have found if the recall happens over the switch, I have has the same voyage requirements.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have created an elegant solution to this problem.

Since I have to do the DavideBooks manual restart method EVERY day to get my voyage to reset, my plan from now on is to reset every day manually until I get an extremely favorable combination of ship bonus, seat bonuses, and featured skills and I'm NEVER going let it reset EVER again. Sooner or later I'm going to get a combo with 2,950 antimatter on my two best feature skills and I'm NEVER letting it rotate!