Home Engineering Room
Options

Identical 8 event missions for all 3 factions, just different names.

Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Engineering Room
In the past when there were f.e. 24 event faction missions, they all have been different, with different seats and needed skills, so we had 24 options to find the best missions/seats for our bonus crew.

Now since a couple events ago, DB started to have identical missions for every event faction, only the names are different. For this event we have 3 event factions with a max of 8 missions per faction, so 24. But instead having 24 options, we only have 8 options, since the missions and seats for every faction are the identical 8.

This makes it way harder to find spots for our bonus crew, if any. This time it lacks f.e. of CMD seats(which would be needed for the Borg Queen).

Was this intended to make it harder or just to cut time investment, since copy past missions and just change the name is easier for DB?

Anway i d prefer more diversity with missions again and going back to the previous format, where every faction had different missions.
•SSR Delta Flyers•

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is indeed intended as part of our streamlining efforts when creating events.
    We are not trying to purposely make things harder for players, and this feedback will be very useful to fine tune this process :)
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    This is indeed intended as part of our streamlining efforts when creating events.
    We are not trying to purposely make things harder for players, and this feedback will be very useful to fine tune this process :)

Thank you for the fast reply and considering my feedback for future finetuning. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had noticed this too. I decided not to say anything. I thought it was intentional to give the factions the same chance for the bonus.

But for gameplay reasons, I agree with @Zom[BAD] Squirrel . I liked it better the old way. This seems more boring and less strategy is involved.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

Thank you for the fast reply and considering my feedback for future finetuning. :)

Question, sir. If you had to choose between 8 identical shuttles per faction and 6 shuttles per faction (to cut devs some slack), which would you choose?

I would be on the fence. Maybe 6 varied shuttles in full faction and 8 shuttles in a hybrid. What are your thoughts?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I prefer to have 8 different missions for every event faction. Nerfing the max open shuttles from 8 to 6 only would hurt the quick start strategy.

If DB has troubles(manpower and/or time wise) to set up more different missions, i glady volunteer to do it for them. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I prefer to have 8 different missions for every event faction. Nerfing the max open shuttles from 8 to 6 only would hurt the quick start strategy.

If DB has troubles(manpower and/or time wise) to set up more different missions, i glady volunteer to do it for them. :)

Well let me send a screenshot of my crew if they do that. :smiley:
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does make things more difficult. I already used that crew on a shuttle. Identical skills, especially AND seats don’t allow for maximum bonus crew usage. Plus it costs more transmissions opening missions until you get a different one
  • Options
    I actually like it this way. It costs less effort to figure out how to man the 3 3-seater shuttles, and I only need to open missions from one faction at a time (4th shuttle is a random 4-seater). Out of transmissions for a faction? Move on to the next faction.
  • Options
    I actually like it this way. It costs less effort to figure out how to man the 3 3-seater shuttles, and I only need to open missions from one faction at a time (4th shuttle is a random 4-seater). Out of transmissions for a faction? Move on to the next faction.

Thx to campaigns merits to buy faction missions are not an issue anymore. If someone prefers to waste those merits on merit time portal pulls, wich mainly end up with common and uncommon crew, well ...... ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    While I think it's a bit lazy on the part of DB, it actually makes my life easier so I can be lazy in return. I approve.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I am on the fence. It makes it easier to load missions but some of the crew is underused or doesn't match up at all.