Home The Bridge
Options

Lieutenant Jones

Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was cruising IMDB and noticed an unknown charachter that apparently appeared in 56 episodes of DS9, more that either Garak or Nog. I was curious about this guy I had never noticed.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1452877/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t10

It seems that aside from his heavy presence in DS9, Lieutenant Jones was also in 2 movies and 33 episodes of TNG as one of the most prolific uncredited extras I've ever heard of.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Jones_(Lieutenant)

He battled the Borg twice, travelled in time to 2063 and 2267, fought in and survived the Dominion war and never got past the rank of lieutenant.

When do we get a card for this apparently epic crewmember? After all 89 episodes and 2 movies is more than some main characters have managed.

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Add in Ensign/Lt Jae and we can start a new collection of largely uncredited background crew. ;)

There were others too, just can’t think of names right now.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rostov, Crewman Cutler, ensign Masaro. Mary Hart also appeared briefly and had a line
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    The unnamed communications officer in Star Trek VI...
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Rostov, Crewman Cutler, ensign Masaro. Mary Hart also appeared briefly and had a line

I was thinking mainly of folks who were in dozens of episodes, but only in the background (like Jones & Jae), but yeah those guys would work too I suppose.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    The unnamed communications officer in Star Trek VI...
    zy1s8bviboxk.jpeg
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billy Blackburn played the White Rabbit, The Gorn, a Klingon, Lt. Hadley many times on the bridge (at what would be Chekov's tactical station), an Organian, one of Mudd's Androids, and several other on screen roles in TOS. Surely we can put another one of his characters to good use in the game!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patricia Tallman - Lyta Alexander from B5 - was the stunt double of, like, everyone, as well as a bunch of one-shot non-stunt roles - Memory Alpha's got photos of them all, which is pretty fun to study in detail on the stunt ones. I'd love to see any of her actual-role roles in the game, and there could also be a pretty decent collection of other characters who've briefly been her for the purposes of being shot or knocked over or thrown through a glass table and so on.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve long been a fan of these types of characters: we’re also in need of any of the roles played by Thomas Kopache (Kira Taban comes to mind as low-hanging fruit). Maybe we could get a few of these in advance of the release of the Lower Decks animated series? An extended tie-in would tickle many of us, I am sure.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picture of Lt. Jones?? I don't know who this is.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Engisn/Lieutenant Russell served proudly on both the Enterprise-D and Voyager.
    (Helps when you look like both Data and Paris when they are too expensive to have around)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Lt Jones was apparently played played by Randy James who, among other credits, was also a Russian Seaman In The Hunt for Red October.

Either way, it sounds fishy to me, but here is his bio on memory alpha :

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Randy_James

As for the uncredited comms officer in ST:VI that is none other than Christian Slater (a well known actor with quite a resume)
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the defiant conn officer, played by Adam Scott (Ben Wyatt from Parks and Rec)

Yeah, he's a one off... but I like the actor
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a "Lower Decks" event with some of the background crew who have outsized fan followings.

If so, we can't forget about Ensign Gates. She had a pretty long tour on the Enterprise-D and was at the helm in "All Good Things..."!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    What about the defiant conn officer, played by Adam Scott (Ben Wyatt from Parks and Rec)

Yeah, he's a one off... but I like the actor

What now? I had no idea...will have to rewatch that scene now.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    @Dirk Gunderson

Literally only had a few lines at the start of the film, but he did have "sir.. it's the enterprise".

Oh yeah - the film was First Contact.
    Meant to mention it in the earlier post.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    My favorite background character is Ayala from Voyager. I believe he has the most appearances of any extra character.
  • Options
    What about Lt. Carrey, he’s featured in plenty of VOY esipodes
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

7 episodes is hardly plenty
  • Options
    My favorite background character is Ayala from Voyager. I believe he has the most appearances of any extra character.

Yes, Ayala would be another one (over 100 episodes I think). There were also Leslie and Kyle from TOS and besides Jae TNG had I think it was Wallace & Gates.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

He was only in seven episodes?
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    @Dirk Gunderson

Literally only had a few lines at the start of the film, but he did have "sir.. it's the enterprise".

Oh yeah - the film was First Contact.
    Meant to mention it in the earlier post.

I knew the exact scene and could even remember his face but never put two and two together...and here I thought I had a good handle on all of the unheralded Trek guest stars that went on to bigger and better things. :)
  • Options
    FinnbarFinnbar ✭✭
    The dates don't line up, but I still like to think of his cameo as the best Leslie Knope gift ever.

Second best:
    11bg2fzva3hc.jpg
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we got Money. Who was played by a stunt woman in like ten Enterprise episodes. Might be time for more "Uncredited" crew......

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/S._Money

She was my first Immortalized in game.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose technically it'd make him a non-canon character, but if we could get Jones with a 'Temporal Agent' trait like Daniels that'd make my day.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes, he is. But I can't find the website, where all crewmembers were listed by their number of appearances.

There were minor crewmembers, who had more appearances than the main cast. And Ayala was the best in topping all of them.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »

He was only in seven episodes?

Correct
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ensign/Lt Russel was in 71 episodes. Likewise, horribly overlooked by Disruptor Beam
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we have a small bridge crew here:
    Jones as Engineer
    Jae as Flight Controller
    Ayala as Security
    Russell as Operations
    One can add Kellogg at Tactical.
    We need someone for Medical.
    Intentionally Left Blank