Home The Bridge
Options

How NOT to make money!

Picked up my 4th Spock from the campaign today, already did the x2 L50 offer, pushed him to L100 so just need the final campaign Spock for FF/FE and then I get the 'Double Your Crew' to L50 offer locked in for 12 hours.

I had intended to do the 99.99 x2 new Spock offer, expecting a x2 to L50 offer and then pushed to L100 and chased 4th and 5th star in pulls/ citations. Event will have started by the time I get to log in properly next so very unlikely to try this now.

Comments

• Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    This is a bit your own fault for not planning. You will get a double your crew offer on any gold every 24 hours or so. If you're wanting a specific DYC you need to make sure to not open any packs or do anything that might or will get you a different gold.

While I agree, because that is basically how the game runs, and has run now for awhile.

My question is why? Is this rule of how double ups work, written down somewhere? explained anywhere officially? I know when I first started I had no idea how it worked, thought it was just completely random, Maybe Im dense lol, but took me a bit to figure it.

I think I even submitted a ticket back when I first started about why I didn't get an offer, and the only response I got was, we have no control over how offers are generated? um okay if not you then who?

Some people have claimed its due to "Game Balance" because it gives you too much power as Pay to win, to be able to double every gold you get. But is it really? I mean if you have enough money what is stop you from just constantly pulling portals, if they are worried about any balance.

Anyways just always wondered what the deal was.

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thought has always been why is the double up not $10 instead of $25.

At least on the tuesday offers for 10$ cards the double up should be 10$ as well...
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s to keep you from doubling the gold you receive for buying the double up. They wouldn’t want you to be able to buy 4 copies of any card for $25 each.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thought has always been why is the double up not $10 instead of $25.

This.

I have never even been tempted by the dyc offers. Not good value.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m guessing part of their logic is you get equipment and trainers up to level 50 as well.
  • Options
    I feel your frustration, and everyones opinion.
    Lets say “how to make money DB”

stop restricting the offer to 1 every 24 hours. It is difficult now to plan around event packs, Tuesday pks, reg portal, dabo wheel gold, gauntlet drops, and campaigns. I was holding my campain reward today for this exact purpose then suddenly got guinan in my gauntlet. Glad to have another * for her but already at 100. I was planning ahead. Still did not work.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they could always go back to a 72 hour cooldown, that was popular. ;)
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    It’s to keep you from doubling the gold you receive for buying the double up. They wouldn’t want you to be able to buy 4 copies of any card for $25 each.

Oh wow I never thought of that, makes total sense, thanks for that;)
  • Options
    DeanWins wrote: »
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Oh wow I never thought of that, makes total sense, thanks for that;)

Not the same card. But if you get more than one version of a gold in any 24 hr period the offer should pop for each card. Would make alot more money that way.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Well, it used to be something like every 72 hours that you could get the double up. It was shortened to roughly every 24 hours. The goal is to make money, but also to sustain the game. I have to think some of that chaos is to keep us suckers coming back for more.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand your statement as well. Many micro-purchases can make DB a lot of money. However, I can’t say for certain that altering the cool down time is better for DB’s pockets long term without seeing their sales data and all the variables that go into their financial outcomes. Though, I do think in the short term it would be beneficial.

I’d like the option to be able to cancel the offer and not waste it on whatever legendary just happens to pop up. Then again, I’m sure it makes them more money long term because you can’t cancel it.

The Ferengi would be proud...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    Have now hit the threshold for the event and have a 2x offer for the apparently useless Grand Negus Rom, not going well is it?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vid wrote: »
    Have now hit the threshold for the event and have a 2x offer for the apparently useless Grand Negus Rom, not going well is it?

You just don’t want this game to survive do you?
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    Offer me something useful and I'll take it, block me by offering crap and I won't ........
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today’s $25 offer is a great deal. Snatched it right away
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Yeah, me too :-)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet. I take back what I said

• Options
    edited May 2019

And DB lives to see another day 😜
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

And DB lives to see another day 😜

Well, that’s at least 50 bucks right there

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here to confirm that they at least made $75.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Here to confirm that they at least made $75.

Would have been $100, but I bought a new hardcover for my book collection earlier this week. C’est la vie. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust