Home The Bridge

Are there any plans to raise the current player LV cap(LV99)?

With the game being in its 4th year already, more and more players(yes, not the majority yet) are getting close, or are already maxed, to LV99. Then its game over, no further progress.

Can t see any reason why DB punishes their most loyal/active players by not raising the LV cap and adding additional achievements(LV110/120/130/140/150 = 20K honor each)?

Shouldn t be much of an issue to extend the LVs?

Any news regarding this, Shan?

•SSR Delta Flyers•

Comments

• JayBeezyJayBeezy ✭✭✭
    I'm not even close yet, and I agree.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think the VIP level should go hand in hand with the captain level.

There is so much more this game has to offer, as long as they (DB) continue to expand it.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'd much rather have DB's limited resources focused on new missions and new gameplay instead of increasing a cap on a level that has 0 impact on actual gameplay.

Well, if it's an either or I'd agree, but I can't imagine the Squirrel's request taking many "resources" to accomplish. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd much rather have DB's limited resources focused on new missions and new gameplay instead of increasing a cap on a level that has 0 impact on actual gameplay.

Well, if it's an either or I'd agree, but I can't imagine the Squirrel's request taking many "resources" to accomplish. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adding a digit multiple places can be quite complex if they assumed 2 digits was the max for player level.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Adding a digit multiple places can be quite complex if they assumed 2 digits was the max for player level.
    Oh no, the Y2K bug strikes again!

Yet another potential outcome is that that one extra digit breaks the display, a la Defensive Phlox...
    dm32110b6czc.jpg
    So many times I have seen that phlox in gauntlet and gone, hmm my 813 guy could beat your 103 guy, oh wait it is 1032, dang.
    Let’s fly!
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I will get there in about 12 to 15 more years!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Would be nice, but doubtful. The Magic Eightball says the “outlook is hazy” when I ask it.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes raise it cause I am getting close and I like the 20k every ten levels thing.
    Let’s fly!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    One game I played before it closed, Marvel: Avengers Alliance, had a virtual level system after you hit the max. Every 4(6?)k xp you received you would get a virtual level up and all the bonuses from a normal level up. Your actual level didn't change you just got a plus sign next to it. That system could probably work here too.

+
    ++
    +++
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could just add achievements for captain experience at certain intervals. They could leave the levels alone, but keep rewarding players for playing more.
    Farewell 🖖
  • I personally think the VIP level should go hand in hand with the captain level.

There is so much more this game has to offer, as long as they (DB) continue to expand it.

My thought also. It has been asked to raise cpt lvl, vip rewards scale, faction “honored” status. If not raise, add achievements or other form of rewards for all of these things that are getting maxed. And more collections.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the process of tanking factions. I would prefer to see those left alone. There was a thread about VIP. Lots of good ideas in that thread. I'm always in favor of more collections. I would like to see those on a monthly basis. Collections seem really popular.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Does the level matter? Other than the rewards for each level, does it impact your gameplay? There are still new crew to level. There are still events to compete in. If anything 3 starring all missions is more of a "game over", and plenty more people have done that well before level 99. I'd much rather have DB's limited resources focused on new missions and new gameplay instead of increasing a cap on a level that has 0 impact on actual gameplay.

I don t care about the Level, and i don t think a player LV 70 is any better than a LV30, but i do care about progress and getting some honor every 10 Levels, thats all. Not asking for impossible things here. And yes i agree, plenty other stuff i d like to see added and improved as well(like achievements in general, more collections and so on), but this thread is for the LV cap „issue“.

And even it goes slow once you reach LV90+ Its nice to see the bar moving and always some kind of rush when the new LV pop up appears just out of nowhere. Its fun, and DB should stick to fun things, even for veteran players. ;)

And i really would prefer if ppl would stay on topic here, i didn t create this thread to discuss about other things that would need improvement. Thx. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should roll over to 0 and make you start over :D
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all else fails, DB should just set level 99 to reset with an honor reward when the xp is filled up. It probably shouldn’t be 20k, but some sort of reward is better than none.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    If all else fails, DB should just set level 99 to reset with an honor reward when the xp is filled up. It probably shouldn’t be 20k, but some sort of reward is better than none.

Excellent idea. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should they increase the cap? Yes.

Will they? Let's review similar situations...
    VIP - 14 since game inception.
    Achievements (events, gauntlet rounds, dilemmas) - all capped.
    Inventory - 1000, not changing.
    Trainers and starbase components - 32767, holding steady (but honestly that's fine in these cases).
    Immortalization achievement - increased from initial cap, but still limited.

So I wouldn't say "never", but if I also wouldn't bet a single penny on it. If they were going to do it, they would have done it before players started hitting the wall. It was relatively easy to uncap the immortalization count and still give rewards retroactively since crew counts are actively tracked by the game. How many experience points have level-maxed players earned? I doubt there's a record on the server, so how would anyone be compensated up to their correct captain level?
  • It should roll over to 0 and make you start over :D
    They could implement a prestige system like COD with special icons and skins to outfit our ships. Fall camo on the Defiant!
  • It should roll over to 0 and make you start over :D
    They could implement a prestige system like COD with special icons and skins to outfit our ships. Fall camo on the Defiant!

I'm both disgusted and intrigued...
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen more than a few players retire at level 99. And even more that say they intend to retire at 99. That to me seems like reason enough for DB to extend levels. And considering they told us that they were going to extend achievements at some point in the future when they first introduced them, and a lot of us have already cleared most, if not all of them, it's probably time DB does that. That's one of my biggest gripes about this game- they tell us they're going to do things and we have to pester them for 2 years before they follow through with those promises. I don't want to come off like I'm griping, because in truth, they have released some pretty great features in the last couple years. But it's time to follow through with some of those updates they've promised us to some of those features.
  • Do what they do it every Trek series: After you are Captained-out, youre promoted to Admiral.
    Why not have Admiral Levels 1-99?
    How hard is it for DB to code that?
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do what they do it every Trek series: After you are Captained-out, youre promoted to Admiral.
    Why not have Admiral Levels 1-99?
    How hard is it for DB to code that?

That's not bad, and makes sense compared to many other games. To extend that idea further and to give it some room to breathe:

Rank Level
    Captain 1-99
    Fleet Captain 100-199
    Commodore 200-299
    Vice Admiral 300-399
    Admiral 400-499
    Q Continuum? 500-9999999 :wink:
    I want to become a Dilionaire...