Home The Bridge

This is How I Do My Daily Missions and Daily Campaign Mostly in 5 Minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37cNMShV_ro

There are some challenges which take time like the shuttles, but it is mostly authentic to what I do daily.

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Do you play on a platform that does not allow ads? If so or if time is limited then this would serve people quite well. My only small criticism is that I would not send out shuttles with good crew when your voyage is going to come back before the shuttles are done and you will not be able to use that crew.

TBH, there were several things in there that made me cringe, that was definitely one of them!
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    no ad doublers on a saturday made me cringe, plus he does not even have the final mission I think?? though he has no shortage of credits so im sure he doesnt care. :)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it is cool to show people how this approach works. Many people do not have the time to play throughout the day but dont want to lose out on campaign items.
    Let’s fly!
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    I mean, I view dailies as a chore, but this is just shooting yourself.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I think what needs to be established is who the target audience is before commenting further, however if it is

A) for a newbie - definitely need some revisions there IMO - for example they can employ kickstart strategies for each faction and complete dailies in one sitting potentially to start with.
    (B) for efficiency - some room for improvement especially around pack purchase/opening and lack of use of adwarp - fine if you can't do it throughout the day but at least make use of it when it's there/available to you.
    C) other (please specify) - suggested revisions TBC.

I too applaud the effort and hope this is constructive, as it is meant to be, for the OP.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Sky Cap 18 wrote: »
    You are level 75 and VIP 12. Don’t you think it’s time you treated yourself to that 4th shuttle?

That's how you stay a Chroniton-aire.
  • ChaoticDNAChaoticDNA ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Here's my approach starting first thing in the morning. I play primarily on my Android Tablet, but also on my PC.

1. Either recover and launch a voyage, or complete a dilemma. Decide if I'm going to recall or not if it is 8 hrs.
    2. Warp 10 two ground missions @ 4 chrons for Galaxy items
    3. Warp 10 two space missions @ 4 chrons for Galaxy items
    4. Open a 10x standard pack, 10x shuttle pack, 3x standard portal, or 1-3x premium portals. Between events, gauntlet, daily and campaign this isn't hard.
    5. Do an arena battle.
    6. Depending on the day, either warp the cadet (Tues/Sat/Sun) or do the ad warp (other days). Credits, Replicator Rations and Trainers I have no need for, so I generally warp missions that drop something useful for leveling or Galaxy events. If you need those things, just do the ad warp.
    7. Launch shuttles (4)
    8. Do a scan
    9. Level a character 3 times using 10 (or more) trainers and equip an item. Replicate it if I'm lazy.
    10. Collect everything and campaign bonuses.
    11. Do Gauntlet rounds.

20 or so minutes later I'm on the bus to work, so I'll do a few more Arena battles and warp the Cadet Mission and do the 2x rewards ad. Recall voyage if over 8 hours, not much AM left, and/or I have meetings in the morning and I won't be able to pop on to recall it.

Morning coffee:
    1. Collect shuttles and launch 3 more (7/7). More if I need something or there's a bonus.
    2. Do a Scan
    3. Recover and launch a voyage or complete a dilemma. Recall voyage if over 8 hours, not much AM left, and/or I have meetings before lunch and I won't be able to pop on to recall it.
    4. Do an arena battle.
    5. Warp and 2x rewards ad for a Cadet Mission

Lunch
    1. Recover and launch a voyage or complete a dilemma. Recall voyage if over 8 hours, not much AM left, and/or I have meetings after lunch and I won't be able to pop on to recall it.
    2. Do an arena battle.
    3. Ad Warp a Cadet Mission
    4. 20 minutes later Warp and 2x rewards ad for a Cadet Mission
    5. Do a Scan
    6. Do Gauntlet rounds.

That's a wrap for the campaign usually. Most of the sessions after the morning are maybe 5 minutes. The morning is a longer, but I'm doing multiple things (eating, reading news, getting a kid ready, etc).
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    Here's my approach starting first thing in the morning. I play primarily on my Android Tablet, but also on my PC.

1. Either recover and launch a voyage, or complete a dilemma. Decide if I'm going to recall or not if it is 8 hrs.
    2. Warp 10 two ground missions @ 4 chrons for Galaxy items
    3. Warp 10 two space missions @ 4 chrons for Galaxy items
    4. Open a 10x standard pack, 10x shuttle pack, 3x standard portal, or 1-3x premium portals. Between events, gauntlet, daily and campaign this isn't hard.
    5. Do an arena battle.
    6. Depending on the day, either warp the cadet (Tues/Sat/Sun) or do the ad warp (other days). Credits, Replicator Rations and Trainers I have no need for, so I generally warp missions that drop something useful for leveling or Galaxy events. If you need those things, just do the ad warp.
    7. Launch shuttles (4)
    8. Do a scan
    9. Level a character 3 times using 10 (or more) trainers and equip an item. Replicate it if I'm lazy.
    10. Collect everything and campaign bonuses.
    11. Do Gauntlet rounds.

20 or so minutes later I'm on the bus to work, so I'll do a few more Arena battles and warp the Cadet Mission and do the 2x rewards ad. Recall voyage if over 8 hours, not much AM left, and/or I have meetings in the morning and I won't be able to pop on to recall it.

Morning coffee:
    1. Collect shuttles and launch 3 more (7/7). More if I need something or there's a bonus.
    2. Do a Scan
    3. Recover and launch a voyage or complete a dilemma. Recall voyage if over 8 hours, not much AM left, and/or I have meetings before lunch and I won't be able to pop on to recall it.
    4. Do an arena battle.
    5. Warp and 2x rewards ad for a Cadet Mission

Lunch
    1. Recover and launch a voyage or complete a dilemma. Recall voyage if over 8 hours, not much AM left, and/or I have meetings after lunch and I won't be able to pop on to recall it.
    2. Do an arena battle.
    3. Ad Warp a Cadet Mission
    4. 20 minutes later Warp and 2x rewards ad for a Cadet Mission
    5. Do a Scan
    6. Do Gauntlet rounds.

That's a wrap for the campaign usually. Most of the sessions after the morning are maybe 5 minutes. The morning is a longer, but I'm doing multiple things (eating, reading news, getting a kid ready, etc).

Long to follow lol
  • [GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭
    aqfkbjuma4xh.gif
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    You're using a supply kit for a handful of missions?

With forward planning it is possible to do everything apart from the final scan in one 20 min sitting.
    If one day a week you can only play for twenty minutes, and the prior few days you have plenty of time then you can always rig it so a dilemma is timed for the sitting.

First you need to prepare a faction. Chose your sacrificial faction, repeatedly fail all missions by using your worst crew, this will bring the faction mission times down to 30s. This might take a week, but once done, your faction is ready for speedy faction missions.

1) Do a cadet challenge followed by an arena battle.
    2) Send out shuttles from your sacrificial faction, use your worst crew so they fail.
    3) Do your dilemma. recall if needed.
    4) Do the second cadet challenge follow by and arena battle.
    5) Perform a scan, adwarp the second one.
    6) open a basic pack
    7) send out your second batch of shuttles, if this brings the total to 7 or 8, use a good faction, otherwise use the sacrificial faction with your worst crew.
    8) Do the third pair of cadet/arenas
    9) use ten basic trainers of you lvl 1 2* crew you have waiting for this.
    10) equip an item on the lvl1 2* crew, doing missions if you need
    11) airlock the crew you have just levelled, the new 2* should replace the old crew.
    12) warp 10 space battles and missions twice
    13) do the fourth pair of cadets/areans
    14) if you need more shuttles repeat step 7
    15) if you only have two shuttle bays, repeat step 7
    16) do the final pair of cadets/arenas.

The main factor in this is the cool downs of the cadets/arenas, and the other steps can be altered to work around them.
    The second issue is if you have less than 4 bays, you need multiple launches, if a shuttle succeeds then it will push the shuttle time up.

If I have missed anything, then just insert it as another step.

This should net 600 accolades, or a few less if you don't have a dilemma ready. If you have to do this once a week, then you should still get enough accolades for tier 100.

Whilst not ideal, this is good if you are going to be on a plane for the next 12 hours, out of range of a phone signal, or cannot play for religious or family reasons.
    If you find you have a few minutes later to play you just need to log in for 10s to do the third scan, and possibly do another dilemma, or relaunch the voyage.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get this, actually, and I am now willing & able to blow off the 4-hour 2x Cadet Challenge most days. Voyages took care of chroniton shortages, and, as @Banjo1012 once said, I do not need more *stuff* filling up my inventory towards the dreaded 1000 cap.

YMMV. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I get this, actually, and I am now willing & able to blow off the 4-hour 2x Cadet Challenge most days. Voyages took care of chroniton shortages, and, as @Banjo1012 once said, I do not need more *stuff* filling up my inventory towards the dreaded 1000 cap.

YMMV. 🖖🏻

its a good way to do it
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing dailies in mostly five minutes is entirely misleading. It takes at least what, 15 minutes to do cadet and arena with the cooldown. At least a little over three hours to do the shuttle portion unless you use dilithium and who the aich ee double hockey sticks would do that just to complete dailies, and at least a little over three hours to complete scans without speed ups (NO ONE IS DOING THAT) and with using one ad warp. You can knock a good amount out quick but not enough to even make a thread about it. And the ones you can knock out quick are so obvious and common knowledge that this is also not news enough to make a thread about it.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Doing dailies in mostly five minutes is entirely misleading. It takes at least what, 15 minutes to do cadet and arena with the cooldown. At least a little over three hours to do the shuttle portion unless you use dilithium and who the aich ee double hockey sticks would do that just to complete dailies, and at least a little over three hours to complete scans without speed ups (NO ONE IS DOING THAT) and with using one ad warp. You can knock a good amount out quick but not enough to even make a thread about it. And the ones you can knock out quick are so obvious and common knowledge that this is also not news enough to make a thread about it.

With a tanked faction daily shuttles can be done in a couple of minutes. I have to do that pretty often, shuttles are lowest priority for me.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

With a tanked faction daily shuttles can be done in a couple of minutes. I have to do that pretty often, shuttles are lowest priority for me.[/quote

Would be nice if I could tank scans to make them shorter
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

With a tanked faction daily shuttles can be done in a couple of minutes. I have to do that pretty often, shuttles are lowest priority for me.

For all the actual benefit they provide, yes, definitely. The single most worthless part of the game, and the most tedious and time-consuming part of doing dailies.
    edited June 2019

For all the actual benefit they provide, yes, definitely. The single most worthless part of the game, and the most tedious and time-consuming part of doing dailies.

I actually don’t mind when I get transmissions but a no star shirt? Where did I find it? Floating around in space? Or if I found it on the planet I was orbiting do you mean to tell me someone went to the surface to go retrieve it? And on top of it, if I was orbiting Andoria why would I find a Federation shirt just randomly on the planet? It makes it seem like I’m going around the galaxy garbage picking
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually don’t mind when I get transmissions but a no star shirt? Where did I find it? Floating around in space? Or if I found it on the planet I was orbiting do you mean to tell me someone went to the surface to go retrieve it? And on top of it, if I was orbiting Andoria why would I find a Federation shirt just randomly on the planet? It makes it seem like I’m going around the galaxy garbage picking

I choose to believe that items picked up from scans are indeed space trash. It’s really a service to any planet you’re orbiting...wouldn’t want anyone to get hit with debris, that’d be dangerous.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

I choose to believe that items picked up from scans are indeed space trash. It’s really a service to any planet you’re orbiting...wouldn’t want anyone to get hit with debris, that’d be dangerous.

See, I like that idea, but how does it work exactly? It's like a scan/tractor beam/transporter, all in one!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

See, I like that idea, but how does it work exactly? It's like a scan/tractor beam/transporter, all in one!

Scan it, beam it aboard, and give it to the next person to board your ship. Because obviously they are all shirtless, given that the first item to equip for nearly any character at level 1 is a uniform of some kind...note how Fencing Sulu never needs to be equipped with apparel, suggesting he already has pants. The Mugato comes aboard clean-shaven and de-horned (probably to cut down on lice or other parasites), Ripper needs chitin replacements, Yarnek probably lost a bunch of its mass and needs mineral replacements, and even the M-113 Creature needs to be equipped with fresh human disguises.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

Best quote
  • My routine doesn't really get it done in 5 minutes or whatever, but I feel it's fairly efficient. I go to bed around the time it resets for the day - 11pm for me - so that definitely helps.

Right after the reset (or there about), hit a scan, launch shuttles - with the 9 hour doubler on if I'm feeling saucy - launch a voyage if I don't already have one. To make sure I can do this I'll sometimes sit on a scan and let my shuttles collect dust for an hour or two, and if a dilemma pops close to time I'll let it simmer. Probably run some cadet challenges.

Get up in the morning, hit the scan, clean up the shuttles if I didn't run the 9 hours and launch the next batch. Take the dilemma. Hit some cadet challenges.

By the time I get to work, get situated, and eventually take my first break, it's time to hit the next scan. And at some point during all of this I've probably warped the ship battles and away missions - VIP 3 was a blessing on that, so that takes all of a minute, longer if I'm trying to find a useful mission to get equipment. Levelling and equipping are normally an afterthought, probably another minute or two whenever I think of it.

The only daily I don't care for much is the arena, so I normally stall on that one until I'm done with almost everything else I can possibly do. What VIP level do I need to warp those? :D
  • Unless it's a campaign, I generally don't bother completing the dailies - I cannot think of anything more likely to transition my feelings from 'entertainment' to 'work' than that.

During a campaign, between alarm going off and bathroom becoming free I can do all 5 arena battles, 1 cadet challenge + ad-warp (Tuesday +Sundays I can't be faffed with ad-warps, so frequently just get those out of the way too), launch first four shuttles, warp 14 low-chron missions and 15 low-chron space battles and have a dilemma done.

Just before I set out, I've time for the next cadet mission + ad-warp.

Throughout the day, when I pop to the khazi, it's always for a "posh wee" so can catch up with anything like cadet + ad warp, next set of shuttles, dilemma or send out a new voyage.
    furyd wrote: »
    Unless it's a campaign, I generally don't bother completing the dailies - I cannot think of anything more likely to transition my feelings from 'entertainment' to 'work' than that.

During a campaign, between alarm going off and bathroom becoming free I can do all 5 arena battles, 1 cadet challenge + ad-warp (Tuesday +Sundays I can't be faffed with ad-warps, so frequently just get those out of the way too), launch first four shuttles, warp 14 low-chron missions and 15 low-chron space battles and have a dilemma done.

Just before I set out, I've time for the next cadet mission + ad-warp.

Throughout the day, when I pop to the khazi, it's always for a "posh wee" so can catch up with anything like cadet + ad warp, next set of shuttles, dilemma or send out a new voyage.

I’m with you on the Tuesday and Sunday cadet thing. Blow through them cuz there’s nothing of value there