Home The Bridge

How to clear Skirmish Thresholds without using chronitons

~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in The Bridge
Let me state up front that there are several assumptions baked into my calculations, e.g. Epic, Krayton/Killy, bonus drops, free time, etc. Feel free to quibble!

Also, upon reviewing my draft of this screed, I realize that it’s in TL;DR territory, so the math is below for those who are interested.
Threshold VP: 350K / 6K = 58.333..., round down to 58 (thanks to <= 7 VP drops out of 58 x 4 = 232 total bonus rewards).

Playing Time: 58 x 3 minutes/Skirmish = 174 minutes, round up to 3 hours.

Intel:
Event length = 96 hours
Skirmishing = 3 hours
Accrued = 96 - 3 = 93 hours x 240 Intel / hour = 22320 useable Intel.

Costs: 1, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, thereafter 1200 each, at beginning of each Phase. To sum up, Skirmishes 1 thru 7 at Event start & Phase change cost:
1871 x 2 = 3742 Intel for 14 Skirmishes.

Balance = 22320 - 3742 = 18578 / 1200 = 15.48, round up to 16 Skirmishes (assuming <= 21 Intel drops out of 232 total bonus rewards).

(Thus far, I can run 14 + 16 = 30 Skirmishes using only accrued Intel. I need to run 28 more to clear 350K.)

(Also, I checked the bonus drip, I mean drop rates in @Laura Palmer ’s excellent thread, which can be found below.)

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13062/skirmishes-quantified#latest

Intel, continued:
Earned: 1 chroniton yields 10 Intel per ship battle. I use ad-warps on 24-chron ship battles to earn 240 Intel per ad.
1200 / 240 = 5 ads/Skirmish x 28 = 140 ads.

Ad-Warps: 1 every 30(+1) minutes, given that you use the ads ONLY for ship battles (not very likely, I admit), but 140 x 31/60 = 72.333... hours, round up to 73.

Sleep: I recommend more than this, but call it 5 hours/day for 4 days, so 20 hours.

Differential = 93 - (73 + 20) = 0 hours. Not much slack time, is there? Anyway ...
My point here is that someone playing on a platform that supports ad-warps could theoretically clear all the Threshold rewards without using a single chroniton.

Something(s) to consider. Thanks for taking the time to read this. LLAP, y’all.
🖖🏻
"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Comments

• Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turning water into wine. Great post.

I was convinced DB would alter the structure of Skirmishes after the first one. My fleet was giddy posting screenshots of all the rewards...imagine Galaxy spitting out 300 chrons or premium pulls. I'm grateful that they left it as is; gives me something to look forward to and save for. Investment is directly rewarded even before rank comes into play.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Turning water into wine. Great post.

I was convinced DB would alter the structure of Skirmishes after the first one. My fleet was giddy posting screenshots of all the rewards...imagine Galaxy spitting out 300 chrons or premium pulls. I'm grateful that they left it as is; gives me something to look forward to and save for. Investment is directly rewarded even before rank comes into play.

Thank you, @Automaton_2000 .

Another TL;DR below for those interested in the outcome:
    After doing nothing but ad-warps & Skirmishes to about the 60-hour mark, my brain felt like it was turning into mush. I stopped my experiment, opened a Supply Kit, leveled up Sulan & the new Riker via ship battles, and then finished Skirmishing.

I forwent all the goodies for several reasons, but mainly to test this and see if it is practicable. Another reason, not the least of which, was to avoid mindless tapping for 4 days. Instead, I subjected myself to mindless advertising for 2.5 days. I do not recommend this trade-off.

Yet another reason was that I did not want this 5* and already had the 4* ranked reward immortalized. I understand that this will impact my ability to compete for the next 5*, but, again, not really into adding more 1/5*s right now. That is a personal preference, regardless of skills/stats/traits/variants/whatever.
    One thought kept coming back to me, though. I wonder which DB would prefer, $10 for chronitons from players who purchase them, or 100+ clicks on advertising over 4 days? I know, probably both, but I suspect it’s the latter.

🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmish Week.

Bravo Tango Tango
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmish Week.

Bravo Tango Tango

The best thread necro you've ever done.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmish Week.

Bravo Tango Tango

The best thread necro you've ever done.

Half a Skirmish this week.....

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."