Home The Bridge
Options

New 5* in Vault - Mountain Climbing Mayweather

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
With a sweet combination of CMD, ENG & MED.

qticzc041xud.png

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, won't be worth stabbing at I'm sure though. Guess it depends on others in the pack
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    With a sweet combination of CMD, ENG & MED.

qticzc041xud.png

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I never see the new ones when I look. Maybe I am like five minutes too soon ,every time!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Interesting, won't be worth stabbing at I'm sure though. Guess it depends on others in the pack

Honestly, that combination is unique enough that it's definitely worth it for me. The only two pairs that don't feature in my top 20 voyagers are CMD- MED and ENG-MED. I'm assuming MED will end up being the tertiary skill just to spite me, but if not I just might end up going HAM for him.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, that combination is unique enough that it's definitely worth it for me. The only two pairs that don't feature in my top 20 voyagers are CMD- MED and ENG-MED. I'm assuming MED will end up being the tertiary skill just to spite me, but if not I just might end up going HAM for him.

Fingers crossed for ya
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

40,000 dilithium later...

Good luck. Definitely the kind of skill set they'd stick in a Tuesday pack

White-Rabbit.jpg

Imprinted_Archer_Head.png

• Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Mountain Climber Mayweather 5*
    FE/FF level 100 CMD 1238 (182-458), ENG 970 (139-292), MED 434 (89-297)
    FE 1/5 level 100 CMD 848 (182-458), ENG 542 (139-292), MED 209 (89-297)

dwhrmry64pjy.png

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, not worth it. Bought a few packs in vain, and I'm good now.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like he's a better Delta Flyer Paris?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭

Voyage stats wise yes, but without the event count. DF Paris would be a better overall investment id think.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paris has slightly more med and many more traits. Paris has also been in more events and has a little better ship ability. Mayweather does have much better command. Very good command.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Voyage stats wise yes, but without the event count. DF Paris would be a better overall investment id think.

Paris is definitely getting long in the tooth. The exclusivity of his skill set has kept him afloat for a very long time, but that time may be ending. His event count is worlds better than Mayweather for sure, but his bases are really poor for a legendary, so he isn't necessarily as much help as you'd think as a secondary bonus character, even at 4 or 5 stars. I don't think it necessarily makes Mayweather worth the pack chase, but if DB starts treating CMD/ENG or ENG/MED like they have ENG/SEC the last couple of months, the floor's the limit for Paris.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempting, but I don’t have enough dil to guarantee anything but disappointment (and my immortal DF Paris is doing nicely).
  • Options
    Dingbat1Dingbat1 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Holy Shiznit. He may only be a top 50 Voyager, but he's not only the third best voyager for CMD/ENG in general, but only one of two legendaries who has MED as a tertiary - the other being Delta Flyer Paris, who he beats in every department.
    On top of that, he commands the third best CMD/ENG and fifth best CMD/MED shuttle score, so you can forgive his lackluster gauntlet and arena abilities

edit: on top of that, there are only 10 legendaries with ENG/MED in any combination, and only 14 with CMD/MED, so he'll be contending for a voyage seat more often than not
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I got Beowulf Kim, not previously owned...

I think I might airlock him. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I wouldn't, but I also wouldn't fault you for it. He's very, very underpowered. The only thing he has going for him is the Holodeck collection, but that's four stars away from mattering, and they'd be better spent somewhere else.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

He was good for me on a couple events. I have him at 1/5. It really depends on your crew and crew space, but I would keep him. You never know what you will get in future begolds.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both, here's my thought process:

Pros: Decent Art, Harry Kim variant

Cons: Terrible stats, Would FE and vanish in mediocrity until a Harry Kim event, which - we recently had one, so could be a year or more, and I'm not really a fan of Harry Kim. I just don't really "covet" this card.

Plus it lacks the Hero trait. Weird, right?

I'm still kinda torn.