Home Engineering Room

Is the game down?

Stuck on activating then get a sign in error, tried restarts no joy, I’m on iOS in the uk
ry7j6euq6nw6.png

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm about three hours late, but it's been working for me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Same for me, not working on Facebook or Android, also in the UK
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the same internet provider by any chance?
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have EE broadband it’s back up by the way but I have had a few blips the last 48 hours. We have had new broadband installed recently prior to the game hanging maybe that’s been part of it.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue today from my home internet in the USA. I was only able to get in by shutting off WiFi and using my LTE connection.
  • (10F)Geekgirl(10F)Geekgirl ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have same problem in UK on both iPad and android. Very glitchy and very slow. Not effecting any other games or media.
    Improved now.
  • I have same problem.Good Lte because any other programs working good.
  • Clone wrote: »
    I had the same issue today from my home internet in the USA. I was only able to get in by shutting off WiFi and using my LTE connection.

This happens to me often. Must shut off wifi and use LTE. Even when every other app, website, netflix on same device and other devices work fine.
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    i've had this all day today, but tried from several clients and connections. Bit of a pain as i spent a about two dozen boosts on the current event :(
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The game often seems to have external connectivity issues. It is subjective and can depend on your location.

The issues can manifest in apparently strange ways, eg Wifi doesn't work but cellular might, or the other way around. Or if you have a VPN to another location or different provider, it may work again.

There are solutions, such as using multiple game servers in different locations and/or backup connectivity, but that would cost DB.

I've lost several arguments before where I suggested that "it's the internets, dont blame DB" wasnt a good enough answer from a game where an internet connection is required to play. There are high availability options that should be used.