Home The Bridge
Options

Legendary drops from Merit Reward Pulls

kobakoba ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in The Bridge
I was trying Merit Rewards Pulls since they were added to the game. I understand that probability of purple/legendary drop is very low, and Im OK with it. Then I was finally "lucky" and got legendary character. Only problem was I had him immortalized already. Som time passed and I got another one immortalized legendary character. I started to being suspicious: Im not a whale, have only 27 immortalised legendarys (had less of them then) and there are hundreds of legendarys in the pull (308 legendarys according to wiki now). I understand not all of them may be in the pull, but still... Today I pulled my third legendary character from Merit Rewards Pull and here we go: another immortalized one. So I started counting.
Probability of the first unlucky pull was about 15%. Probability of the second one was about 1,5%. I felt like really unlucky guy. Now I just experienced an event with about 0,2% probability. So now I believe this portal is rigged to drop only immortalized legendarys, if so. But I wont stop pulling. So I wonder if I will experience that 0,02% event with 4th immortalized legendary.

Do you have any experience with legendary drops from merit pulls? Or is this just me.
Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve gotten around a dozen golds from merit pulls. The only one I had immortal is the Borg Queen (currently have 38 immortal golds, 22 or so of which are in the general pool).
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have that many immortalised legendaries... But I have have a fair few 1/5s drop, a couple of 2nd and 3rd stars, and only one immortalised.

Based on a sample size of two, I would say you have just been really unlucky
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Just to help add to the badly needed data set I unlocked a card and added stars to a couple of legendaries I don’t recall exactly how many I have got from merits but it’s at least 3 loque’eque sato was the unlock and I got a star on the professor (moriarty) and seven of nine. Never had a dupe legendary except from campaign and gauntlet.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    ByloBand wrote: »
    This sounds like a bourgeoisie problem, we in the proletariat would just be happy to ever get a 5* from a merits pull :p

I was also excited when I first got a legendary drop. But I play this game practically from the beginning, and now the value of a legendary is volatile when you airlock him for 550 honors. And you slowly save 45 000 of them to buy a legendary behold and then you got 3 already immortalized legendarys tradeable for another 550 honors. Or you buy the fifth star (for 50 000 honors or with real money by offer) for Mirror Picard and then they offer another 4 of them in campaign for small fee.

Legendary crewmembers management is currently very unbalanced.

EDIT: But anyway, thanks for your experience with merit pulls. I want to believe™ that I really am an extremely unlucky person and am looking forward to having my 4th legendary drop for merits which would not be immortalized one.

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Ok, Ok, DB. You win. :D

I just dropped my fourth legendary... ...which isnt immortalised. So now I just am extremely lucky to have two legendary drops from merits in one day. So I changed topic name to reflect my current belief.

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had a few pop up from merit pulls and none (yet) have been duplicates of immortals.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to remove common crew from the Merit Rewards pool.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    koba wrote: »
    I was trying Merit Rewards Pulls since they were added to the game. I understand that probability of purple/legendary drop is very low, and Im OK with it. Then I was finally "lucky" and got legendary character. Only problem was I had him immortalized already. Som time passed and I got another one immortalized legendary character. I started to being suspicious: Im not a whale, have only 27 immortalised legendarys (had less of them then) and there are hundreds of legendarys in the pull (308 legendarys according to wiki now). I understand not all of them may be in the pull, but still... Today I pulled my third legendary character from Merit Rewards Pull and here we go: another immortalized one. So I started counting.
    Probability of the first unlucky pull was about 15%. Probability of the second one was about 1,5%. I felt like really unlucky guy. Now I just experienced an event with about 0,2% probability. So now I believe this portal is rigged to drop only immortalized legendarys, if so. But I wont stop pulling. So I wonder if I will experience that 0,02% event with 4th immortalized legendary.

Do you have any experience with legendary drops from merit pulls? Or is this just me.

My Torchbearer Rejak {or whatever his name is} was new. Not an Immo. Just bad RNG luck for you most likely.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, Ok, DB. You win. :D

I just dropped my fourth legendary... ...which isnt immortalised. So now I just am extremely lucky to have two legendary drops from merits in one day. So I changed topic name to reflect my current belief.

WTF 2 legend merit pulls in one day... that's insane. You've had both the best and worst luck possible for merit pulls wtf... My advice: spend more merits in gauntlet. All the potential legends there are good and worthy of more stars.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never had a legendary drop from a merit pull but I also have not done many of them. Maybe 20 pulls.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Just did a few and got the 5* for Surak. And a 3* for Prisoner O'Brien.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have over 150 Golds, and about 1/4 of them are immortalised. The only 2 golds I got from Merit pull were both new to me at the time, when I only had about 90-100 golds. Only one purple since then too, (in many many months.)

I was avoiding the Merit pull for a long time, because I would frequently get 75-150 Honour out of it, which is absolutely NOT worth 725 Merits, so it was very frustrating for a long time. Now I maybe do it once a week, since the addition of free merits from Campaigns.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    From looking at what super-rare crew have never dropped for me, which ones drop a lot, I get the impression that some super-rares drop a lot more often than others. I see the same holes in other players manifests.

I wonder if this is the same for legendary crew. Some are more common drops that others. If this is the case, then it would explain you getting duplicates.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    My first gold from a merit pull was also one of the few I had immortalized (the Borg queen....of all the golds...ugh) but thankfully I've gotten several gold's since then and they haven't been ones I had immortalized so... I feel for the op...cause rng is definitely not on his side in this area
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    My merit pulls have been good to me in number but not in quality, since April:

- War Correspondent Jake
    - First Officer Riker
    - The One, Lore
    - Portal 63

Meh.

On the upside, I did get a Mirror Inquisitor Troi from a Basic pull.

And 10-pack premiums from Campaigns have been very kind:

- Xindi Councilor
    - Interfaced Broccoli
    - Warship EMA
    - Crell Moset
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

My Torchbearer Rejak {or whatever his name is} was new. Not an Immo. Just bad RNG luck for you most likely.

Klingon Fonzie. 🏍
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two golds from Merit pulls though at long intervals between.. First was Lore and my second was Kortar who I kept briefly before airlocking him since I already had him FF.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    I've probably gotten like a dozen golds from merit pulls, just today second star on Maquis Tuvok. But I spend most of my merits on those pulls, very rarely do refreshes in gauntlet and buy shuttle missions when needed... so maybe like 90% of my merits go into those pulls.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    tfrsimp722rw.png

3*,4* and 5* from merit pulls. Finally have Abraham Lincoln, Sybok and Bashir were immortalized shortly after being added to game
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the third Star for a 4* today. {Gabriel Bell}
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Maripacs wrote: »
    4ckwxrjtf3sa.png

Just got this

Congrats. So jelly. She is great, looks cool, and has awesome voyage traits.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    4ckwxrjtf3sa.png

Just got this

You know what’s weird? I was so pleased to get her fifth star a little while back and she hasn’t been on all that many voyages since then. I am really loaded on SCI/ENG, so I am sure that is the root of the problem, but seeing her used so relatively infrequently has been a bit of a bummer.
  • Options
    4ckwxrjtf3sa.png

Just got this

You know what’s weird? I was so pleased to get her fifth star a little while back and she hasn’t been on all that many voyages since then. I am really loaded on SCI/ENG, so I am sure that is the root of the problem, but seeing her used so relatively infrequently has been a bit of a bummer.

But she has diplomacy too so you can stick her on there. Sad you do not get more use out of her.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Got a 3rd⭐ for my Kung Fu Sarek through merit pull.