Home Ready Room
Options

Mechanism of cloak

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in Ready Room
I use my Bounty a lot and so far thought: You cannot deal or receive damage while cloaked.

Recently I finished my 4* Warbird thanks to Arena rewards, but it puzzles me. How does accuracy go with cloaking? Crew consuming cloak nulls the bonus while accuracy as such is useless while no damage can be done.

Also I feel like getting beaten up with yellow cloak like it was not there, but preventing me from making damage seems to work. I am confused...
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you may want to time your accuracy crew to activate after the enemy ship's cloak is inactivated, or very quickly to blow them up before they can cloak (requires very exclusive crew to cause damage that quickly). When your own cloak is active, if an enemy's accuracy crew is selected it's not doing anything for them (along with all their other abilities/crew), and your own crew are also doing nothing.

I have also noticed that my cloak timing often does not line up to what's displaying on my screen (taking damage after I hit cloak). I have come to the conclusion that there is a typical on-screen delay for anything I select, which also means enemies firing during that delay will still hit me. This means I will time my cloak activation more conservatively, earlier than I think I should need to before tkuvma becomes available for example on the enemy ship.

This approach typically works well, though sometimes enemy critical hits will cause so much damage they appear to be instant +%dmg skills.