Home The Bridge
Options

Immortalised Crew query

So with the completion of Captain Spock this morning I received my reward for 225 crew members immortalised (not bad for a near f2p) :D however when I then went to my cryostasis vault my count in the top right hand corner says I only have 224 completed........ Whilst this is not a big issue I am assuming somewhere along the way I have immortalised someone twice. I only play for fun so apart from the odd use of the wiki I dont keep track of what I do or where I place in events. Does anyone know if or how I can find out who it was doubled up, also to the devs, would it be possible to when you receive new crew for a little notice if you have this character already frozen like we do for duplicates

Comments

• Options
    RegolasRegolas ✭✭✭
    There is a known glitch that the achievements has one more immortalized than the vault.
  • Options
    When you get a new Avatar each year you get another "immortalized crewman" tick.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you get a new Avatar each year you get another "immortalized crewman" tick.

That's not true

It is also not a glitch

The achievement counter includes characters you may have immortalized TWICE or more, where the vault counter will only keep count of unique characters immortalized.

In all likelihood, you leveled someone a 2nd time and immortalized them.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    I am pretty sure I never immortalized someone twice, and my achievement count is +2 over my vault. When I hit 3 years soon I will let you know. :wink:
  • Options
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Options
    It is a glitch.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not true

It is also not a glitch

The achievement counter includes characters you may have immortalized TWICE or more, where the vault counter will only keep count of unique characters immortalized.

In all likelihood, you leveled someone a 2nd time and immortalized them.

I can’t confirm the avatar thing but there was indeed a glitch when the immortalization achievement was extended - every player in the game at that time got a mystery +1 on the achievement counter compared to the number in the cryostasis vault. To my recollection, DB never did figure that out and it’s not like anyone is being harmed by it anyway.

Right now my achievement says 446 and the vault says 442; if I include my duplicate of Captain Janeway it would be 443 and the duplicate of Mirror Uhura that the game must have eaten at some point in the last year I should have 444. Add in the mystery +1 from when the achievement was extended and you get 445. If the avatar thing is correct, getting my Year 3 avatar would explain how it’s 446...I have no other explanation, as Janeway and Uhura were the only duplicates I ever immortalized.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    It's definitely a known glitch.

I have one extra one on top of that because someone at customer service gave me an extra immortalized Security Chief Worf once upon a time. I've never quite figured out why that was their solution to my problem, but I'm not upset about getting my dilithium one crew quicker every time.
  • Options
    Oh my so many different opinions for a problem that has existed since achievements and vault were added to the game. This has been discussed many times, and continues to be re-discussed when ppl notice. To my knowledge every player has 1 more in achievements than in vault. I do keep track i certainly never duplicated crew. I have been playing since the game started and the number does not change depending on avatars.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even 5% certain on this but I seem to recall somebody saying somewhere that the process of combining the Duras Sisters somehow messes up the crew count.
  • Options
    I am telling you guys... You count will off by however many years your have played this game. It is easy to prove me wrong, post your achievement count, your vault count, and your Avatar top line. If anyone has a discrepancy LESS THAN the count on your Avatar screen I am wrong.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 129 Unique Immortals, but my Achievement is 153/175.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I am telling you guys... You count will off by however many years your have played this game. It is easy to prove me wrong, post your achievement count, your vault count, and your Avatar top line. If anyone has a discrepancy LESS THAN the count on your Avatar screen I am wrong.

Screenshots to support my post above:

cvbz26pxnkd2.jpeg
    x6x4s7kfvcwq.jpeg
    tdadk34f10d5.jpeg
    gic17mg745l1.jpeg

The only screenshot I can’t provide is from my duplicate Mirror Uhura, which served me very well in the Mirror Mega event, on account of her disappearance (and therefore there’s no photo evidence to take to CS to prove she should be restored). Count should be 444 and is 446.

If the glitch isn’t related to the total number of avatars but rather only new avatars handed out since the last achievement update, it would make more sense - there’s the mystery +1 from when the update occurred (where many of us should have gotten +2 if it was truly related to the total avatar count) and then another mystery +1 awarded as soon as people started getting new avatars.
  • Options
    So do duplicate crew count towards the achievement?

i.e. Can you immortalise duplicate (cheap) 1* crew to get more dilithium?
  • Options

My count is off by one, but I've been playing over 2 years, so it isn't that - although it's a really good suggestion for it.

Maybe worth checking if it's number of years minus one just in case the annual avatars to add to the total, but someone decided to knock one off it as a temporary fix expecting it do be fixed properly in the following 12 months and never was.

I've also no duplicate immortals.
  • Options
    Yeldoow wrote: »

Yes, the achievement does not discriminate between the first copy of a crew and subsequent copies.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeldoow wrote: »

Yes.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options

I’ve been playing since day one and have al three avatars, have never duplicated a crew, and my count is off by one (441 vs 442).
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Not sure about the count being permanently off for everyone (I vaguely recall discussions on it), but I had a situation not too long ago where I Immortalized a non duplicate character and my count did not increase (for the reward count). CS told me it was a known issue they were working on, but that credit could not be given for my recently immortalized character.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options

I’ve been playing since day one and have al three avatars, have never duplicated a crew, and my count is off by one (441 vs 442).

Alright you guys got me...I coulda sworn I went from 1 to 2 when I had my two year anniversary, and others had it change at the same time. I guess it isn't the anniversary Avatar after all. :disappointed:
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Im sorry that you are wrong. Im sorry that someone (other than C/S) would actually demand or suggest proof be provided to show that what other players are saying is true. At first i wanted to ignore you. But no, i will prove you wrong as you have requested. If you never immortalize duplicates your count is off by 1. As stated many times.

Ps, i was screenshotting, uploading and writing my post while you entered the “ok im wrong” post

jhhevvs4lr08.jpeg
    n2ml0oyio7bw.jpeg
    s2vk2as6ptjg.jpeg
  • Options
    edited June 2019

This.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can also confirm: I have been playing for over two years, but only out by 1 (314 Vs 315) and have never immortalised a duplicate crew
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    fxk9dnvxvgq6.png
    vw1pxtnllnnv.png

Happened to me the first time I created the Duras Sisters.
  • Options
    it the number that is incorrect on mine. I counted mine at the reward is correct.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    They know about it. The bug came up I believe during the v4.0 upgrade (maybe 5.0?). I think it would be unfair to fix it after over a year. I have kept a vast spreadsheet for over 2 years to track my crew and the number from the achievements always matched the spreadsheet until that upgrade.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievement total = vault total + duplicates + 1
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, I looked at my crew duplicates and the counts between vault and achievement are accounted for:

Vault screen total : 500
    Achievement screen : 505

Duplicates:
    • Ensign Kim
    • Glinn Damar
    • Quark (whomever is the 1* variant)
    • Detective Dixon Hill

The 5th comes from when I immortalized Lursa, not realizing they could not be merged with B'Etor. CS removed 1 level from her so the merge could happen, but that permanently left the achievement counter +1.

^^^ - this is accounted for, so i know where it comes from. technically not a "glitch"

So, no, avatars should not affect the achievement total. I'm not sure where everyone else's count is off by 1, but i definitely know where all my extras are from.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievement Count: 474
    Vault Count: 439/741 Immortalized
    25 Duplicates, 5 Triplicates

I had to make a whole separate spreadsheet for all the duplicates, to make sure they are accounted for and don't go missing!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time the 1* Rikers come up in a standard pull or voyage, I immortalize and freeze them. Easy money.