Home The Bridge
Options

Have Voyage 4* Drops Changed?

Let me start by saying I am normally the person to defend Voyages. I have done so in multiple threads as far back as the infamous "nerf" of Dec 19, 2017. I have stopped documenting every Voyage so I have no hard data to back up my perceived changes here, but ever since the server update on 6/4 just before this Month of Hell Mega Event, I have seen very few 4* Voyage random crew drops - I'd say 2 to 3 from my last 40 voyages (about 1-2 a day that go min 8h all the way up to 12h plus return time since 6/4) . I get the 4* crew from any Dilemma that is supposed to give a 4* - my current Voyage is on the 10h dilemma and just got the only 4* so far from "The Cost of Living", but the random 4* seem to have stopped. I don't expect 4* on Voyages, but I have never gone on this long of a drought to not see any or so few in so long. In my logged Voyages, I would average at least 1 4* random drop every 2 to 3 Voyages. In 116 logged voyages, I had 196 4* crew (some from Dilemmas, but most were random drops). I'm just asking to anyone with any logged data or someone with Voyage experience if they have noticed any difference for June.

@Shan, can you comment on any server change or update that may have affected 4* drops in Voyages?

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say they've stopped dropping completely, but it does feel like they're dropping significantly less.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last voyage went 10 hours and dropped five super rates, which is the best I have achieved in ages. I believe only one dropped at a dilemma so they certainly still drop randomly.
  • Options
    Voyages are either all or nothing. Either you get 4-6 from an 8 to 10 hr run, or you get 0
  • Options
    I have noticed that each voyage seems to be more directed at one form of reward. Today for instance i had four 4* crew drop but had only 232 chrons for a voyage. Yesterday, i had 530 chrons with 3*,2*,1* crew. The voyage before that gave me 350ish chrons but tons of rep rations. It was 10 hrs. I would have to agree i have noticed what seems more “directed reward pkg” ?, i would call it, directed to drop multiples of the same type of reward. Rather than a mix. Then you have to cycle through to get the good drops. Earlier this week i recalled a voyage at 1850 AM bcuz it was mostly dropping supplies and nothing else by 8 hrs. Waste of time. Wanted to move on.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG I'm afraid. The past week I've had several voyages drop a pile of 4* crew.

I even had one drop at the four hour mark recently. In nearly a year of playing there's only one other time I recall that happening. fjekn5m6v3bu.png
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    A long time ago, yes. But in the last 6 months, nothing has changed. My last voyage was the only one in the last few days that didn't have a 4* in it. Of course, none of them were keepers. Just honor. Earlier this week I had 3 of them by the 6hr mark and none were from dilemmas.
  • Options
    OK. DBRNG it is then! Just unusual for me to not see 4* airlock fodder over the last 20+ days. Currently 16h Voyage (missed the recall the last 2 times as I fell asleep), 8 Dilemmas - 2 gave 4* crew. No other 4* in sight. But I have 200 useless 4*/5* Trainers, 100 or so rep rations, and 1160 chrons - which averages to 70 chrons/hr vs the 10/hr refresh rate. As I've always stated, Voyages are for chrons... anything else is a bonus.

I did make the 1,000 dilemmas achievement last week (I stopped playing for 7-8 months so I was behind) and received my first Fierce Guinan. In all the Voyages I have sent, I have never seen A Higher Duty Part 3 for Guinan (and now McCoy) nor Champion of the People Part 3 for Col Worf. I have a FF The Clown, 3/4 Thot Gor, 2/4 Jannar, 1/4 Lucien which are all 1 or 2 parts to get.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I haven’t been paying close attention to what other rewards are, crew is easy to see since you don’t have to scroll to find it. And at least over the last week or so, I feel like I have been getting more 4* crew rather than less. Seems to be two or three on most of my recent voyages...some of that is hitting both of The Clown’s dilemmas at least twice in the last week (while he’s immortal for me, part 2 coming regardless of what you choose means I pick A on the first one and guarantees myself 200 honor).
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    For me, they have been dropping regularly, however, for the past 2 months, there have only been a variance of 7-8 different crew. The same 7-8 keep popping up over and over, even though I have them all immortalized. Oh, and these are the same 8-9 hour voyages you are running @{DD} Capt Jello with only a couple extensions over that time period.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I feel like it is down too. I am averaging one-half 4⭐️ Per 8 hours. But, could be pure RNG.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Drafted McCoy was from a dilemma. Also did not get a notification that the voyage is low on antimatter, hopefully that bug isn't back.
  • Options
    My very subjective impression is.... the purples are dropping slightly less frequently for me. It's been like that for a couple months now. It's gotten to a point where I wanted to mention something to my fleet, but didnt want to bother them when it could really be just RNG bad luck. But yeah, I've noticed it.
  • Options
    RegolasRegolas ✭✭✭
    I have no documentation to back this up but it seems that in the last couple weeks I have started getting 4* again after a bit of a drought. Maybe I am getting yours. :smiley:
  • Options
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    RNG I'm afraid. The past week I've had several voyages drop a pile of 4* crew.

I even had one drop at the four hour mark recently. In nearly a year of playing there's only one other time I recall that happening. fjekn5m6v3bu.png

Well, that one was from Winter's Price Dilemma which is normally a 3* crew reward, but will occasionally drop a 4* crew with this Dilemma. It wasn't a random drop between Dilemmas from a reward cache. I've had 1 of the 5 standalone Dilemmas that give 100/75/4* Crew (Blood Red Tide, Ladders and Chains, The Buried Years, The Cost of Living, Where Earth Meets the Sky) as my 2h or 4h Dilemma several times.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I kept extending and had a 17 hour voyage drop 8 purples. Only one was from a dilemma. Unfortunately, only 2 of them are useful to me. The other 6 are immortalized.

Until today, I can't think of a time where I got more than one in a ten hour or less voyage in the past 3 months.
  • Options
    I went through a drought in the 2 weeks before the mega, I’d still say it’s been slim pickings for me during the mega but this week i’ve had more “normal service” liaison Torres back to back voyages a kilana, kdf gowron, gorn captain, mintakan troi and a mirror k’ehyler - never more than 3 In a voyage (8-12hr voyage ranges)