Home The Bridge
Options

Event Shuttles

I had a quick question, because Shuttles confuse the heck out of me, the whole debate of and vs or shuttles etc.

So as an example I am using shuttle Parallel histories, my main question is there difference if you use a character with the exact skill set of the shuttle seat or if it only has one of the required skills, if the resulting percents end up being the same.

And if the percents are the same, does it matter if one is event or not.

yd9fj4xocdly.png

Mccoy is an event character, but only has one of the required skills, being dip and does not have command

ytra21vukfxs.png

the other option for the first seat is, Sato, she has both skills but is not an event character.

The end resulting percents for the shuttle for either option show 97%, but are those really the actual percents?

is one option better than the other? and why

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    thanks in advance
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you waiting for a detailed mathematical/computer programming answer, or are you OK with advice not based on hard evidence?

Based on my play experience, the "AND" shuttle bug appears to be fixed for new events, however it has been reported that for rerun shuttle events the bug has not been fixed.

As to your specific example, 97% is 97% as far as I'm concerned. Event crew for galaxy events get a significant boost to their stats, which explains why McCoy is worth so much in that seat despite only having one skill. Sato is a boss on Dip/Com and is able to achieve the same results with no boost. IMO, both shuttle arrangements will have a 97% chance of success.
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    All the featured crew does is get a multiplier. Featured crew get a +200% bonus to their skills and variants or crew with the specific trait get a +100% bonus. Ordinarily it wouldn't matter (using events crew vs normal crew but with same % win chance) but it matters if you use boosters like +700 to a skill because that also gets multiplied. As for the AND stuff it appears to only give 25% of value of secondary skill. So calculation is (MAIN skill + any boosts + 25% of SECONDARY skill + any boosts if applicable)* 1/2/3 depending on if crew is featured in some way. MAIN/SECO appear to depend on which you have more of, as in if you have 1000 DIP and 990 CMD then DIP is main, if it's 1000DIP and 1010CMD then CMD is primary.
  • Options
    I had a quick question, because Shuttles confuse the heck out of me, the whole debate of and vs or shuttles etc.

So as an example I am using shuttle Parallel histories, my main question is there difference if you use a character with the exact skill set of the shuttle seat or if it only has one of the required skills, if the resulting percents end up being the same.

On a related note, in actuality, every crew does possess some measure of ALL skills. So, in fact, Disco McCoy does have some CMD to contribute to a DIP & CMD seat. I think that the formula is that any given crew's NON-displayed skills are 30% of their lowest displayed skill.

Disco McCoy's lowest displayed skill is MED at a base of 664 (before any StarBase bonuses or event multipliers)...that means that McCoy's non-displayed skills CMD, ENG, SCI, & SEC all have a base value of 664*0.3=199.

To your original question, in my experience, 97% is 97% regardless of how you get there, so no it shouldn't matter whether using event crew or not.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

On a related note, in actuality, every crew does possess some measure of ALL skills. So, in fact, Disco McCoy does have some CMD to contribute to a DIP & CMD seat. I think that the formula is that any given crew's NON-displayed skills are 30% of their lowest displayed skill.

Disco McCoy's lowest displayed skill is MED at a base of 664 (before any StarBase bonuses or event multipliers)...that means that McCoy's non-displayed skills CMD, ENG, SCI, & SEC all have a base value of 664*0.3=199.

To your original question, in my experience, 97% is 97% regardless of how you get there, so no it shouldn't matter whether using event crew or not.

I’m curious to see where the 30% number comes from. My understanding was that “hidden” skills only result from equipment that happens to improve that particular crew’s featured skill as well as one they do not have.

I conducted a short experiment to confirm: running Pretense of Mercy on Elite yielded a node requiring 175 COM, the first mission I found close to your 30% of McCoy’s unmodified base MED. I used two crew that did not have COM listed as a skill; 2/5* Captain Scott and 4/4* Prisoner O’Brien. By your calculations Scotty should have 680*0.3=204 COM (enough to scrape past the node) and Miles should have about 149 COM (sure to fail unless there is a proficiency surprise). Here are the results:

6ubq9mypyfih.png

be857oj74s0o.png

q1ngd9ooywk7.png

Scotty’s COM base is 136 (20.00% of his ENG), with a proficiency of 57-119.

exj3ebq5c4gw.png

avdry84g7vfc.png

onebx6jtdpg6.png

Prisoner O’Brien only has 99+(2-4) COM, for 19.96% of his DIP.

I had trouble finding equipment that boosted COM for either of these characters. I know I have seen it in the past for various crew but if this really is just a percentage of the lowest base skill, it would appear to be 20, not 30.