Home Ready Room

Evolved Janeway - how to?

Can't see anything particularly helpful on the forum or in the wiki page, hence the post.

I have no idea what status Mutated Paris & Captain Janeway were when I hit the upgrade button to create Evolved Janeway.

Can they be fused again or was it a one time only?

If they can be fused again then how many of each and at what level do they need to be? It has been suggested to me that one needs to be L99, neither were first time (nor the Duras Sisters or Tuvix) although presumably having one at L99 gives a L99 1/5?

Comments

• Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I have my 1/5 Evolved at L90, 2 slots filled. Mutated 3/4 L30, Janeway 1/4 L20. I've been told that one needs to be 4/4 (so that'll be this month's campaign citation for Paris) to fuse for another Evolved. Should have Evolved to L100 by then.

Looks like it will take a while as Mutated Paris and Captain Janeway don't appear to drop as often as other purples, SUper Rare, Rares? :-)
  • Vid wrote: »
    Looks like it will take a while as Mutated Paris and Captain Janeway don't appear to drop as often as other purples, SUper Rare, Rares? :-)

exactly right. have Mutated Paris 2/4 and never seen 4* Janeway.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I've got 4 Janeway cards, but haven't seen a Paris for 6 months.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vid wrote: »

I doubt they drop any less than other purples in general, it's just that every time a purple drops the game is pulling from a pool of a couple hundred cards so it sometimes seems some cards drop more than others overall.
  • Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    A little financial/ maths help if you would ......

Used the super rare citation from the campaign so now have 2/5 FE Evolved. Up pops the double your crew offer. Do I or don't I? If I do then I might as well use the legendary citation to make her (it?) 4/5 and 50k honor to FF.

To wait for the 'natural' path of Paris & Janeway to drop could take a very long time , unless an event comes a long where multiples of one/ both drop in short order.

The monetary cost of this offer is roughly the same as 2500 dil, which is roughly 4x 10x pulls, which you'd expect to get maybe 2.5k honor from and hopefully a useful gold or two.

Am I looking at this the right way?
  • LOL three years and only two stars on Paris :(
  • Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    got another Janeway this evening, need a Paris or 4 now
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vid wrote: »
    A little financial/ maths help if you would ......

Used the super rare citation from the campaign so now have 2/5 FE Evolved. Up pops the double your crew offer. Do I or don't I? If I do then I might as well use the legendary citation to make her (it?) 4/5 and 50k honor to FF.

To wait for the 'natural' path of Paris & Janeway to drop could take a very long time , unless an event comes a long where multiples of one/ both drop in short order.

The monetary cost of this offer is roughly the same as 2500 dil, which is roughly 4x 10x pulls, which you'd expect to get maybe 2.5k honor from and hopefully a useful gold or two.

Am I looking at this the right way?

The only thing I would add to your analysis is that Captain Janeway pops up a lot as a giveaway or event crew, and thus is winnable in sets of three or four. Seems like once a year. So, if you're playing the long game on levelling this one up, I would say it's likely that the harder one to get will be Mutated Paris.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Just immortalized Evolved Janeway recently. Oddly enough, I had an easier time getting Mutated Paris than Coffee Cup Janeway. It seemed that once the Easter Egg came out, she was harder to obtain than the initial Jazz Riker. lol
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just immortalized Evolved Janeway recently. Oddly enough, I had an easier time getting Mutated Paris than Coffee Cup Janeway. It seemed that once the Easter Egg came out, she was harder to obtain than the initial Jazz Riker. lol

YMMV, as my experience has been the opposite. Three copies of Captain Janeway have dropped for me since April, as opposed to zero of Mutated Paris. I am beginning to hope that Froggy Tom shows up in a Faction Center for me soon™️. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which of the 2 is easier to equip? My 4/4 Janeway is lvl 20 and Paris just dropped for me for the first time. Whom should I choose to advance?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which of the 2 is easier to equip? My 4/4 Janeway is lvl 20 and Paris just dropped for me for the first time. Whom should I choose to advance?

I think Captain Janeway is easier to level up, because she needs fewer Faction-only items to build her equipment. I haven’t equipped Mutated Paris since his event, though, so I could be wrong about his difficulty level. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I don't quite get it.
    I have that Mutated Paris with Level 100/FE and 2/4*. Captain Janeway has been immortalized a long time ago. Now i was lucky and got another Captain Janeway which i left with Level 1.
    So i use lots of honor to fuse her to 4/4*, fuse her then with Paris and get a Level 100 1/5* Evolved Janeway?
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
    edited July 2019
    I don't quite get it.
    I have that Mutated Paris with Level 100/FE and 2/4*. Captain Janeway has been immortalized a long time ago. Now i was lucky and got another Captain Janeway which i left with Level 1.
    So i use lots of honor to fuse her to 4/4*, fuse her then with Paris and get a Level 100 1/5* Evolved Janeway?
    Exactly.

Thanks, @~peregrine~!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    The process requires at least one 4/4 and one 1/4 , altho as you said ... 4/4 + 2/4 also works.
    The cards do not need to be more than lvl1 ... but it is much "cheaper" to level on of the 4* tot lvl 99/FE ( in this case Capt Janeway is way cheaper to level than Muta Paris ) and only make the last item to FE when u have merged the cards.

In your case .. cheaper would have been to honor the 2/4 Paris to 4/4 and then merge it with the Janeway
  • JiveDutch wrote: »
    The process requires at least one 4/4 and one 1/4 , altho as you said ... 4/4 + 2/4 also works.
    The cards do not need to be more than lvl1 ... but it is much "cheaper" to level on of the 4* tot lvl 99/FE ( in this case Capt Janeway is way cheaper to level than Muta Paris ) and only make the last item to FE when u have merged the cards.

In your case .. cheaper would have been to honor the 2/4 Paris to 4/4 and then merge it with the Janeway

Umm, wait a moment. Sure, Paris would need only 2 Stars and Janeway 3. But when i would FF him he would become immortal and impossible to fuse, isn't it?
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
    edited July 2019
    JiveDutch wrote: »

Umm, wait a moment. Sure, Paris would need only 2 Stars and Janeway 3. But when i would FF him he would become immortal and impossible to fuse, isn't it?
    You are absolutely right. "Cheaper would have been" sadly means that for you it is not an option any more.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Most choose to build or replicate the final gear item on the fusion character , thus preventing accidental immortalisation of the card.

You are correct in assuming that in your case the only option was honoring janeway and fusing that lvl 1 4/4 with your lvl 100 2/3 Paris.
  • Here's the optimal way to fuse - all equipment slots filled but not level 100:
    45qzvq445dv5.png

That way all you 4* equipment you put on gets transformed into 5* equipment for the fused result:
    69ttz6i2xlf4.png

• got 2 Janeways and now 1 mutated, do I want make another Evolved or just airlock the two of them?
    edited August 2019
    Here's the optimal way to fuse - all equipment slots filled but not level 100:
    45qzvq445dv5.png

That way all you 4* equipment you put on gets transformed into 5* equipment for the fused result:
    69ttz6i2xlf4.png

Actually, with the stuff at hand I found it easier to build Lizard's Flora than Janeway's Coffe for lvl 99. So I merged her first and built the Flora last. The Flora consumes SR Furs while the Coffee requires SR Synthesized Polymers. I always have plenty of the first at stock but need to farm for the latter.