Home Make It So!
Options

Event Crew Items needing different faction then event

I am not sure if this has been brought up, but I would really appreciate it if featured crew requires items that can only be obtained by running a faction mission, please update the game so that the faction that crew member needs is featured. I am tired of needing holoprograms that is only obtainable through Section 31 factions for the just released featured crew and this event is only running Federation faction events. I would think it logically that the three event crew that is released before an event could get updated during the event because the faction they need is also featured. I know that sometimes I can collect some items in cadet challenges or the faction store. But when you are out of cadet tickets and you need like 6 of them, this just never made sense to me.
MulezSRT
Rear Admiral
Section Chief, External Media
Serving in {ACE} ALLIED COMMAND ELITE
Member of BOOTL{ACE} Squadron
www.acefleet.space
ALLIED COMMAND ELITE Facebook Fan Page

Comments

• Options
    Most crew requires at least items from two factions to complete them. Most federation crew are federation/section 31. Sometimes maquis. Most klingons are klingons/kca.

The holoprograms you mention can drop on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday during cadet missions. And 6 more cadet tickets is 150 dilithium. And you have the replicators as well. There are quite a few ways to get the holoprograms.

But I think the point is there has to be a control to prevent people from speeding through everything. You have to work to get it. You have to kind of plan ahead. I worked on KCA, Augment, and Section 31 all last week in preparation for T'Kuvma and Saru.

I do agree it's annoying. I just think it would be difficult for them to constantly switch their items around depending on if they are in an event or not. It would be interesting if they took your suggestions and applied it, but if they don't I hope my suggestions help you
  • Options
    Most crew requires at least items from two factions to complete them. Most federation crew are federation/section 31. Sometimes maquis. Most klingons are klingons/kca.

The holoprograms you mention can drop on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday during cadet missions. And 6 more cadet tickets is 150 dilithium. And you have the replicators as well. There are quite a few ways to get the holoprograms.

But I think the point is there has to be a control to prevent people from speeding through everything. You have to work to get it. You have to kind of plan ahead. I worked on KCA, Augment, and Section 31 all last week in preparation for T'Kuvma and Saru.

I do agree it's annoying. I just think it would be difficult for them to constantly switch their items around depending on if they are in an event or not. It would be interesting if they took your suggestions and applied it, but if they don't I hope my suggestions help you

Basic Holoprograms, yes, but 1* Holoprograms are Faction only, and that is at least half of what these new crew need. It is not easy to predict sometimes what an upcoming crew member will require; we have had "surprises" before, so doing prep work ahead of time might become useless.

I think that if a Faction event is running and does not include the Faction that normally drops the components and equipment needed for the new crew, that maybe they could be temporarily added into whatever Faction(s) are featured so it(they) could drop and provide what we need to continually level crew.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    I totally get you have to work on crew and all of that but why does Desert Georgiou need holoprograms? I don’t understand why she was developed like that. She was in two episodes of DSC and if my memory of the time period DSC takes place, I don’t think her ship has that technology. That is more my point. Why they need items that don’t fit the character and needing a faction that isn’t featured. Just event crew. Now I have multiple Janeways so I get it if I need a Sec 31 faction item and the event is Federation. But I think Desert Georgiou and First Officer Saru should have the ability to utilize items dropped from the featured faction when running an event. Is all I’m saying.
    MulezSRT
    Rear Admiral
    Section Chief, External Media
    Serving in {ACE} ALLIED COMMAND ELITE
    Member of BOOTL{ACE} Squadron
    www.acefleet.space
    ALLIED COMMAND ELITE Facebook Fan Page
  • Options
    Good point. The first time a holodeck type thing was mentioned in canon is in TAS. So it was an experimental device/system 15-20 years after discovery's time period.