Home The Bridge
Options

New Mega Event Ideas

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
Here's a few that didn't get used from DB's last poll.

Wrath of Kirk
Romantic "Summer of Love"
Vacation/Summer Celebration
Cardassians vs. Maquis Resistance
Scoundrels
Hunters
Explorers
Undercover/Secret Agents
Cultural Figures

Do you want one of these?
Do you want another one based on a two-part episode? (Time's Arrow sure was popular in a recent thread.)
Do you have another idea?

I am thinking about a Temporal Cold War theme. It was my least favorite season of Enterprise, but I think the theme of the game and the writers' recent success with Month of Hell makes me hopeful that the DB team could add the other series into the Temporal Cold War and make something fun for us. :)
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll stick with the Garth of Izar mega I came up with a while back. I don’t recall where I posted it or even how I had it planned out but I remember it being pretty cool.
  • Options
    I’ll stick with the Garth of Izar mega I came up with a while back. I don’t recall where I posted it or even how I had it planned out but I remember it being pretty cool.

I remember that too, but I couldn't find that thread to revive. And it's been a while, so I thought there might be some new ideas.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I kind of like the idea of the events being themed around specific, epic episodes. The Month of Hell turned out pretty fantastic.

In addition to Time's Arrow, Best of Both Worlds (Shelby! Captain Riker!), DS9's season 2 opening trilogy (Li Nalas! Vedek Jadzia!), and any number of Enterprise's season 4 arcs (Mother-F'ing KIR'SHARA ARCHER) would all provide some solid material.

I also suspect we can write off "Wrath of Kirk" with Wrathful Kirk being next on the 5 star docket.

Yes, agreed, I loved it when we had events based on trek episodes. I could rewatch the episode before the event and then enjoy the new event storylines that continued the storyline of that episode. I could also enjoy having crew from that episode. I would like to see DB do this more.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still want a Scoundrel Mega. It seems like it would be fun.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be great to have some mega events that start flushing out the underutilized factions. I just FE'ed both Sloan and Agent Harris and I realized there are only five Section 31 cards in the whole game. And only three Hirogen cards, two of which are rare. So at some point down the line, it'd be nice to start building these factions out.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my preference, but I prefer mega events centered around the shows rather than the films. I know nothing about Discovery but the Discovery events I've been around for have been really good, and all the megas centered around shows/episodes have been a lot of fun. I really struggle to connect with any of the films; I'm glad some of those crew variants are in the game, but I just don't find I have the emotional or personal investment in them to find their stories enjoyable.
  • Options
    Proont wrote: »

That would be great! Maybe DB could make a character that looks like this but slightly contractually different and make him a timelines original. He is after all the most famous most scruffy most nerferherdery scoundrel in the galaxy.

rn7w9v0ojht5.jpg

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another round of “Genesis” from TNG. I would be a fan of Amphibian Troi and Neanderthal Riker...maybe even Pigme Picard? Acid Spitting Geordi was also in that episode I think?
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options

That would be great! Maybe DB could make a character that looks like this but slightly contractually different and make him a timelines original. He is after all the most famous most scruffy most nerferherdery scoundrel in the galaxy.

rn7w9v0ojht5.jpg

Not that I object 100%, but he was from "a galaxy far, far away." That said, if we were to chase down a "Harry Solo" or a "Han Ford" in a mysteriously fast vessel who swindled the Hirogen and the Dominion... Well that might be fun. But if he joined the Maquis Rebellion... That might be a step too far, lol.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

rn7w9v0ojht5.jpg

Not that I object 100%, but he was from "a galaxy far, far away." That said, if we were to chase down a "Harry Solo" or a "Han Ford" in a mysteriously fast vessel who swindled the Hirogen and the Dominion... Well that might be fun. But if he joined the Maquis Rebellion... That might be a step too far, lol.
    And perhaps Princess Jadzia is so thankful for his efforts that she tells him that she loves him to which he replies

87wuuqq51009.gif

Let’s fly!
  • Options

rn7w9v0ojht5.jpg

And perhaps Princess Jadzia is so thankful for his efforts that she tells him that she loves him to which he replies

87wuuqq51009.gif

Hmm... 🤔 And then
    their lovechild kills him before Dukat kills Jadzia.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

rn7w9v0ojht5.jpg

The character you seek already exists in Star Trek:

0d11ygbb769g.jpg

If you doubt this roguish claim, you can always confirm it with Teri Hatcher.

82p4n6j3i759.jpg

• Options
    ByloBand wrote: »

rn7w9v0ojht5.jpg

0d11ygbb769g.jpg

82p4n6j3i759.jpg

A new version of Okana would make an interesting recurring legendary for a Romance mega event.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Yep I thought of Okana but he was already in the game. Plus he has no wookie. But maybe we could get a new version of Okana and put him in a ship with Protomorphosis Worf.

7ex83gq0ax0g.png

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    An animated series mega. I know this is not very popular, but we only have a couple of crew from ST:TAS. Perhaps we could have a two week mini mega, and it must include M'Ress

rn7w9v0ojht5.jpg

Mirror Vic Fontaine

Mirror_Vic_Fontaine.png
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

rn7w9v0ojht5.jpg

0d11ygbb769g.jpg

82p4n6j3i759.jpg

A new version of Okana would make an interesting recurring legendary for a Romance mega event.

I’m struggling to think of what other version of Okona could be done. His look is pretty much the same the entire episode. He’s one of my fave crew though.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options

rn7w9v0ojht5.jpg

0d11ygbb769g.jpg

82p4n6j3i759.jpg

I’m struggling to think of what other version of Okona could be done. His look is pretty much the same the entire episode. He’s one of my fave crew though.

Maybe a look where he's been busted or maybe a romantic variant? You're right though, it's tough to think not something significantly different.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I kind of like the idea of the events being themed around specific, epic episodes. The Month of Hell turned out pretty fantastic.

In addition to Time's Arrow, Best of Both Worlds (Shelby! Captain Riker!), DS9's season 2 opening trilogy (Li Nalas! Vedek Jadzia!), and any number of Enterprise's season 4 arcs (Mother-F'ing KIR'SHARA ARCHER) would all provide some solid material.

I also suspect we can write off "Wrath of Kirk" with Wrathful Kirk being next on the 5 star docket.
    I would expand that Circle theme to include some elements from Season 1 and later and wrap them up in the theme of "Bajoran Political Instability", focused on the various Bajoran factions and figures.

There could be a proper Kai Winn, Tahna Los (the Kohn-Ma terrorist), General Krim, Colonel Day Kannu (Li Nalas' killer), Neela (Vedek Bareil's would-be assassin), Jaro Essa, First Minister Shakaar Edon, Colonel Lenaris Holem, Kubus Oak (collaborated with the Cardassians) etc.

Li Nalas as the recurring legendary?