Home Make It So!
Options

Should voyages drop (old) legendary crew?

Currently, voyages only drop super rare crew as from the 6h dilemma, but legendaries can never drop. It could be interesting to have a (very low) chance to drop legendary crew after (for example) 10h, in order to provide more incentive to players to spend more dilithium by extending their voyages past 10h, in the hopes that they get a new crew, or be able to finish off their existing crew.

The argument could be made to include only older crew (e.g. at least 18 months in the game), so that the new crew remains a little more "exclusive" for a longer period of time, but all in all I think this could be an interesting addition to the voyage mechanic and to make them more rewarding past a certain point of time.

Comments

• Options
    I would be happy with increased 5* anywhere in the game. There are soooo many now. Excluding some 5* such as honor hall, mega reward, gauntlet, and newer crew i agree. But i think its time DB let up the restrictions a bit and increase droprates in portal. Soon there will be a portal update, diluting the pool further, meaning some ppl will still never get to a 4/5 or 5/5 drop on older crew awaiting stars at the current rates. I appreciate the portal update, dont get me wrong. But if you save packs and punch (ten 10 pks) and get no 5* crew out of 100 cards that is getting ridiculous. 1.27% chance of 5* per card? (So DB says), This should be increased. I know thats a bit off topic but imo 5*’s are not as valuable as they used to be with soo many. The older ones that are standard (nothing special) cards should appear more often and in more places such as voyages.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of that up there +1
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    +1 Yessss. I am really frustrated in the game that some of the old original 4* crew cards are just not worth collecting from a behold because the newer cards are just so much more powerful. I know I could never afford to FF them they will take up crew space I need. I am talking about the crew that represents a whole year for the character or even a whole series... I would be much more likely to stick with this game longer if I could collect more basic recognisable legendary crew instead of cards from some obscure episode or mix crew on a voyage that fundamental hate each other...
  • Options
    PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    On a different take, something else I would like to see on voyages, even more, is they drop small amounts of ship schematics. Maybe only for the ships that have the traits that bonus on that voyage. I even thought that the voyage ship could earn a few of its own schematics sort of like exp, that could be an incentive to use ships that you like even if they are not fully fused. I mean it is not like ships are such a big deal is it ... All the basic ships you can max out ten times over from the Daboo can win all the ship battles, so it would not unbalance the game!
  • Options
    its a pretty good idea.
  • Options
    Would be nice, wouldn't it ?
  • Options
    Really, the low gold drop rate in packs is currently a incentive to not touch them at all.
    Selling dil with 40% extra isn't helping there, a low chance to get a gold stays a low chance.

Currently only the options that guarantee what you get (campaign) are attractive anymore.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea. It's been expressed in other forms here and elsewhere before. Perhaps this time DB will listen. I actually think it could inspire more spending as folks try to add more citations.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    +1

A good start would be to include all of the Day One legendaries, then add others as time goes on.

Agreed, so many of the old 5 star are really weak anyway, whats dropping a Kai Opaka and whatnot, gonna hurt?
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted an idea somewhere to have a separate pool of older legendary crew that has been stat-creeped into a second class existence. Basically, I think they should be offered in their own discounted packs. And it might stand to reason they could be allowed to drop in voyages after 4 or 6 hours.

You know what would be really great? Replacing those annoying schematic rewards with said pool of discount legendaries. It might get more people to extend Voyages after they get the first dilemma required for such a drop.

Thanks for giving me an idea to build into my own idea. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I posted an idea somewhere to have a separate pool of older legendary crew that has been stat-creeped into a second class existence. Basically, I think they should be offered in their own discounted packs. And it might stand to reason they could be allowed to drop in voyages after 4 or 6 hours.

You know what would be really great? Replacing those annoying schematic rewards with said pool of discount legendaries. It might get more people to extend Voyages after they get the first dilemma required for such a drop.

DB should hire you, Lorca.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if there was a chance of receiving an older legendary drop instead the schematic rewards form a dilemma with an older legendary @Elim Lorca [10F]. I know I have personally received the schematic drops more frequently than the voyage-only crew (especially the 3 parters). I would definitely rather spend my dilitium to extend a voyage instead of wasting 650 dilitium on a portal pull that will, almost definitely, be a complete disappointment and full of honor and lousy old schematics for ships that have been complete for ages. The idea of discounted packs for older cards in general is also great. Power creep and game evolution being what they are the older cards just don't hold their value unless it is for a collection, as a collector, or sentimental value.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

They would lose money on me, lol.
    I would have sent you a Commodore Matt Decker in game mail and hour before release to give you and edge on FTM.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

They would lose money on me, lol.
    I would have sent you a Commodore Matt Decker in game mail and hour before release to give you and edge on FTM.

And you would have earned my spending loyalty for life had you done so. They should hire you.
  • Options
    YES! Old legendary's are now just a burden , i have about 8 i don't dismiss due to a mild OCD ... i'd like to FF and freeze them.
  • Options
    Definitely
  • Options
    Yes, this should happen, currently the only reason I even run Voyages is for Honor and chronitons. I have no desire or need to extend any Voyage.
  • Options
    Yes, this should happen, currently the only reason I even run Voyages is for Honor and chronitons. I have no desire or need to extend any Voyage.

This exactly. If (Older) Gold crew were available through Voyages, but you would have to pay to get there, so I would say, after 11 hours, Gold crew would have their normal 0.02% drop rate.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

This exactly. If (Older) Gold crew were available through Voyages, but you would have to pay to get there, so I would say, after 11 hours, Gold crew would have their normal 0.02% drop rate.

That sounds very reasonable
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe this sounds greedy but for the army of 1/5s a drop chance of 0.02% will not help. This would mean that only every 5000th drop beyond the 11 h mark would be a legendary!

I would consider 1/5 of the current drop rates of purples (whatever that might be) reasonable. Otherwise this would be worse than Dabo as people got trapped into prolonging voyages for (bad) golden stuff but never saw a benefit from it.

Summary: 11 hours is too late and 0.02% is by far not enough.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Definitely all for that! Legendary drops and maybe a little bit (like 5%) increase in super rare drops. It happens way too often that I get super rares only to find that I already have them immortalised. And that’s annoying when I have 40+ super rares just lying around collecting dust because they’re only 3/4* or even below that. One can only accumulate that many citations.