Home Ready Room
Options

Advice - Which (extra) gold crew to keep

I need to make space because I went a little overboard on the Recent Recruits pack.

I'd like to free up at least 5 slots but more is better, and am looking for advice on who to keep. Level is irrelevant. My main criteria are voyage strength, and event usefulness.

I have the following candidates:
2/5 Krenim Guest Paris (I have a copy already immortalized)
1/5 Leonardo da Vinci (I have a copy already immortalized)
1/5 The Caretaker (I have a copy already immortalized)
1/5 Locutus (I have a copy already immortalized)
1/5 Xindi Insectoid Counselor (I have a copy already immortalized)
1/5 Durango Troi (I have a copy already immortalized)
1/5 Phlox, Au Naturel (I have a copy already immortalized)
1/5 White Rabbit (I have a copy already immortalized)
1/5 Sphere-Builder Presage (I have a copy already immortalized)

2/5 Sergey and Helena Rozhenko
1/5 Governor Worf
1/5 Commodore Robert April
1/5 Doctor Ann Mulhall
1/5 Mirror Zefram Cochrane
1/5 Fennim
1/5 Mirror Ellen Landry
1/5 Human Torres
1/5 Alternate Future T'Pol
1/5 Layna
1/5 Captain Silva La Forge
1/5 Niners Worf
2/4 Zero One
2/4 One Zero

I am thinking to keep the Bynars because I don't intend to fuse them to make the 5*, I figure they're entering the portal soon enough and once I get the copies, I'll freeze them. I can be convinced otherwise, because they **tsk tsk** otherwise.

Candidates to Keep:
Krenim Guest Paris - because he has two stars and is a strong voyage crew with not super common skill combo.
Governor Worf - strong voyage total, events.
Niners Worf - events, collection.
Doctor Ann Mulhall - strong voyage total, highest SCI base in the game.
Human Torres - strong base stats, events.
AF T'Pol - strong voyage total, events.
Xindi Insectoid Counseler - very strong voyage, a duplicate would be nice.
Sphere-Builder Presage - very strong voyage, a duplicate would be nice.
Durango Troi - strong SEC base, events. However, I have a High Roller Sisko who will be fully fused in about a month due to the July campaign so I don't know if I need 2x Durango Troi and 2x High Roller Sisko.
Locutus, Caretaker - I think I want to keep them as long as I can possibly win more in the Gauntlet. What I could do is freeze the immortalized versions I have and level up the 1/5 I have, so that way I lose nothing for the gauntlet. Locutus and Caretkaer are pretty useful for voyages though so it's a last resort.

Candidates to Airlock:
Layna - I have a lot of that skill combo, limited use for events.
Captain Silva La Forge - I didn't play for her in her event, and I see no point in keeping her.
Mirror Cochrane - has lot's of traits, pretty decent base, but I have Pheonix Cochrane at 4/5 so...
Mirror Ellen Landry - I didn't play for her in her event, and I see no point in keeping her.
Fennim - I like the skill combo, but not the best for voyages and limited event usage...
Sergey and Helena Rozhenko - only reason to keep them is because I have two stars but they're essentially like Human Torres, but worse, and no event usage.
Commodore Robert April - I would keep him except I think Krenim Guest Paris makes more sense, he's just better.
White Rabbit, Phlox, Au Natural, da Vinci - I don't know if I need that many SCI/ENG/MED crew.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Layna and Silva. I doubt you'll miss them. I was going to say Locutus and Caretaker since you can get more later, but maybe freezing the 5/5 versions is better. That's a personal preference thing. Then I think it's a toss up between Mirror Landry and Robert April. Mirror Landry has Mirror plus Discovery event potential, so I would lean toward keeping her.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Captain Silva La Forge actually has a very high voyage combined score in COM DIP - I know these skills are prevalent but if those skills come up she would be quite a logical choice to use in voyages (once immortalised of course) I would say probably Mirror Landry particularly if you have either Mirror Reed or Sulu - I know she is discovery as well but I am sure you probably have better options for SEC COM shuttles.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of your thinking seems good to me. In your shoes, I might keep da Vinci and space Sphere-Builder (strong, yes, but we've got a lot of recent strong Eng cards). I guess my other thought would be to keep anyone above 1/5, even if just for future freezing, but that's a personal preference thing. Keep the Bynars as a vault project (space permitting of course).
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. Mirror Ellen Landry is now gone (I have Mirror Reed), along with Layna, Silva La Forge, Naked Phlox and White Rabbit.
    I'm keeping the rest for now, but I think Fennim may eventually go, and perhaps Mirror Cochrane.
    I plan to use my purple cituation from campaigns on Captain Janeway which will allow me to fuse her with a mutated paris and get another star on evolved janeway, freeing up two slots.
    That gives me 7 empty slots to work with, and in about a month, I'll finish my second copy of Robin Hood and freeze him, and put the 4th star on Tarquin and freeze him, freeing two more slots.
  • Options
    Updating the thread for current advice as I desperately need slots with this Discovery mega. Crossed out crew are gone, bolded are new crew.

2/5 The Caretaker (I have a copy already immortalized)
    3/5 Locutus (I have a copy already immortalized)

1/5 Falcon O'Brien (I have a copy already immortalized)
    Q as 'God' (I have a copy already immortalized)
    1/5 Armus (I already have two immortalized)
    4/5 Drunk Troi (I have a copy already immortalized)
    soon to be 4/5 Spider Barclay (I already have two immortalized)

1/5 Governor Worf
    1/5 Doctor Ann Mulhall
    1/5 Fennim
    1/5 Mirror Ellen Landry
    1/5 Human Torres
    1/5 Layna

1/5 Niners Worf
    2/4 Zero One
    2/4 One Zero

2/4 Nexus Guinan
    1/4 Solbor

My thinking is that I could freeze the Armus and level up the 1/5 for the Gauntlet. He's not that great for voyages so not missing out on much. I think I could toss Barclay as while excelent, I don't know if I need three. Drunk Troi I'm only keeping because if she pops up in a behold or event repeat, I can freeze her and have two available for Troi events, but maybe that's not necessary. Q has great med but isn't in the portal and won't be for a long time so that's a long term project. I have Wrathful Kirk who is Falcon but better, but even at 1/5 Falcon would be great in an O'brien event. Sphere Builder is pretty great but without any likelihood of event usage I'm thinking I don't need a second copy. I suppose I could toss the purples they will take up slots for awhile. Krenim Paris is also long term and I just got Queen Po so perhaps I don't need a second.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updating the thread for current advice as I desperately need slots with this Discovery mega. Crossed out crew are gone, bolded are new crew.

1/5 Falcon O'Brien (I have a copy already immortalized)

1/5 Governor Worf
    1/5 Doctor Ann Mulhall
    1/5 Fennim
    1/5 Mirror Ellen Landry
    1/5 Human Torres
    1/5 Layna

1/5 Niners Worf
    2/4 Zero One
    2/4 One Zero

2/4 Nexus Guinan
    1/4 Solbor

My thinking is that I could freeze the Armus and level up the 1/5 for the Gauntlet. He's not that great for voyages so not missing out on much. I think I could toss Barclay as while excelent, I don't know if I need three. Drunk Troi I'm only keeping because if she pops up in a behold or event repeat, I can freeze her and have two available for Troi events, but maybe that's not necessary. Q has great med but isn't in the portal and won't be for a long time so that's a long term project. I have Wrathful Kirk who is Falcon but better, but even at 1/5 Falcon would be great in an O'brien event. Sphere Builder is pretty great but without any likelihood of event usage I'm thinking I don't need a second copy. I suppose I could toss the purples they will take up slots for awhile. Krenim Paris is also long term and I just got Queen Po so perhaps I don't need a second.

Show off. ;)
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    2/5 Falcon O'Brien (I have a copy already immortalized)
    1/5 Alternate Future Jadiza Dax (I have a copy already immortalized)
    1/5 Honey Bare Dax (I have a copy already immortalized)

1/5 Governor Worf
    1/5 Doctor Ann Mulhall
    1/5 Fennim
    1/5 Human Torres
    2/5 Alternate Future T'Pol
    1/5 Niners Worf
    3/4 Nexus Guinan
    1/4 Solbor
    1/4 Protomorphosis Riker

Newest update. Nexus Guinan is soon to be immortalized and frozen. I think I don't need Honey Bare as while excellent, I don't seem seem to use her very often wheras AF Dax is always on a shuttle and would be helpful in a Dax faction event even at 1/5. Having said that, I could toss both as I have every single Dax immortalized so it's an open question if I need duplicates. As good as he is, I am thinking I should toss the Rozhenko's, as well.