Home The Bridge

Why did they stop selling shuttle tokens?

Not that I necessarily think they should bring that offer back, but I am curious why they stopped offering them during shuttle events.

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    See here for the latest info. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pondered this myself. I think in the introduction of rentals they wanted to see what usage would be, so they sold them.
    Then I think DB saw a shift in the game mechanics which was not sustainable (even if there was money)
    I'm glad they put them in the campaigns. It forces the player to horde and spend rentals as needed, and creates a new economy in the game.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I believe the OP is referring to the rental token offers. I miss those too but they created faction bloodbaths. Although I have thought they can include them in the portal
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I believe the OP is referring to the rental token offers. I miss those too but they created faction bloodbaths. Although I have thought they can include them in the portal

Letting all campaign buyers get a good number included for free is going to cause more event competitiveness outside the top 5 of events than the offers did.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Letting all campaign buyers get a good number included for free is going to cause more event competitiveness outside the top 5 of events than the offers did.

Which is fine with me. It did get quite ugly at the top though

I misunderstood, and I apologize for my error. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the idea of them dropping at or around the rate the 2x boost drops in packs. I second that request.
  • Yeah if they're not going to sell them anymore, they should be in the portal at least.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    This was the first event I had ample strong crew and now I have no tokens oh well I guess I save some money here and I guess I save resources not levelling a dupe of detective hill
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Put them in the honor hall instead of trainers. That also goes for time boosts and 2x boosts.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    Put them in the honor hall instead of trainers. That also goes for time boosts and 2x boosts.
    Even though trainers are replicator food in later game play the honor hall is a good source for new players. Bought once or twice myself and it really helped a lot. So please do not suggest to remove them. Gauntlet is different - trainers there are really annoying and should be removed.

I am glad that the tokens can only be obtained via Campaign, even though I would prefer if they were removed entirely. It is pure p2w stuff.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    edited July 2019
    Ivlain wrote: »
    Even though trainers are replicator food in later game play the honor hall is a good source for new players. Bought once or twice myself and it really helped a lot. So please do not suggest to remove them. Gauntlet is different - trainers there are really annoying and should be removed.

I am glad that the tokens can only be obtained via Campaign [emphasis added], even though I would prefer if they were removed entirely. It is pure p2w stuff.

Tokens may also be obtained as Threshold rewards in Faction Events:

gc0w3b27up5g.jpeg
    🖖🏻

EDIT: Bold-texted the comment to which I was responding, given the reception immediately below.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Tokens may also be obtained as Threshold rewards in Faction Events
    Ok, this totally makes it good stuff for f2p players then. :D

/edit: Ok, I can see where you came from. I should have added "at a decent quote". 2 tokens per faction event do not really count imo when you get so many from the purchase Campaign track each month. I cannot imagine that someone would save them up for years to go all-in at one event, and I doubt that it would even work as there will always be people with more on the shelf. But what I really forgot are the ones everyone can get from the free Campaign track. Well... don't know... maybe someone is dedicated enough to save up for so long and be successful with it.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.