Home The Bridge
Options

New Slots?

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
Did we just get five new slots? I can’t find an accompanying announcement. Thanks, DB!
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    had to restart to get em,but yeah, 5 more slots:D Thanks, DB!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did as well.

Thank you!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure looks like it.
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Sweet! Sale incoming?
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thank you!!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Now I wish I hadn't spent 2000 recently...
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels like we just got more slots. I still had empty room, but I'm not complaining!
  • Options
    Only 3 to 7 week till portal update.. got about 20 10x packs saved up...
  • Options
    I now have 43 free slots.

Safe to say that slots are now my most regretted purchase.
  • Options
    I don't regret buying them, at the time they gave me the breathing room I needed without airlocking crew.

I've 34 free spots, but that'll allow me to continue saving Cap'n Janeways and Oh Noes Paris' to FF Evolved Janeway, and times when there are a pile of bonus crew.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Now I wish I hadn't spent 2000 recently...

Ditto... Slightly disappointed :(
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    furyd wrote: »
    I've 34 free spots, but that'll allow me to continue saving Cap'n Janeways and Oh Noes Paris' to FF Evolved Janeway, and times when there are a pile of bonus crew.

I’m at 39 open slots (an accurate count, thanks to the upcoming Skirmish event) and that’s with two purples I could freeze if I didn’t like them so much, a spare 1/5* Klingon Janeway, and one each of Cap’n Janeway and Mutated Paris. Plenty more room for additional Evolved Janeway components...but I will still wait for the portal update next month. Hopefully it will be early in August rather than late, as am now nearly at 140 single premium packs and nearly 170 10x premium packs.
  • Options

I’m at 39 open slots (an accurate count, thanks to the upcoming Skirmish event) and that’s with two purples I could freeze if I didn’t like them so much, a spare 1/5* Klingon Janeway, and one each of Cap’n Janeway and Mutated Paris. Plenty more room for additional Evolved Janeway components...but I will still wait for the portal update next month. Hopefully it will be early in August rather than late, as am now nearly at 140 single premium packs and nearly 170 10x premium packs.

I have seen this mentioned elsewhere and coined the phrase "Schrödinger's Packs". Like the cat, are they not there until we open them? I assumed that the contents, like a physical trading card pack, would already be decided?
  • Options

I have seen this mentioned elsewhere and coined the phrase "Schrödinger's Packs". Like the cat, are they not there until we open them? I assumed that the contents, like a physical trading card pack, would already be decided?

That can be easily determined post-update. If you receive any items that are only available after the update, the answer is no, the contents are not set until you open them.
  • Options

I doubt it, what you buy is a pull - 10 lucky dips in the general pool, that only trigger when you hit it, so if you wait 'til the pool expands, you've more options.

If they did pre-determine the results, that would get very expensive for them - if you've 100 10x pulls, they only need to store the number 100 in the relevant property of your profile, if they predetermined the results they'd have to hold 1000 items against your profile. Scale that up against the userbase, and you can see that it's make more sense not to predetermine the results from a cost base.