Home Ready Room

Math for Criting Nodes?

EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
With the introduction of the new Episode 10, there are new nodes that will need to be crit'ed to get stars. I've seen in past posts the math for figuring out what score you'd need to crit a node, but I can't seem to find those threads now. I know it's some percentage of the base score for passing the node, but don't know it exactly. Can someone who knows the equation provide it?

As an aside: asking for the math equation to accomplish an away mission, how Star Trek is that! :)
Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    EnderW wrote: »
    With the introduction of the new Episode 10, there are new nodes that will need to be crit'ed to get stars. I've seen in past posts the math for figuring out what score you'd need to crit a node, but I can't seem to find those threads now. I know it's some percentage of the base score for passing the node, but don't know it exactly. Can someone who knows the equation provide it?

As an aside: asking for the math equation to accomplish an away mission, how Star Trek is that! :)

I believe the rule of thumb still is to add 30% to the base score. I found this post in the Do Not Airlock thread:
    Jordan718 wrote: »
    al103 wrote: »
    Jordan718 wrote: »
    *snip*
    RTFM!!!
    *snip*

Adjust Mission Values / Crit Multiplier
    This setting controls the values against which mission requirements are checked.
    This sheet checks whether characters can complete missions, not whether they can crit them. The exact crit requirements are unknown, but the most common estimate is ~30% above normal values.
    Setting this multiplier to 1.3 recalculates all values to estimate crit values. The sheet should then give an indication of what crew can crit what missions.

🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    @~peregrine~ Thanks! :)

Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)