Home Engineering Room
Options

Ongoing issue with customer support

I've had a ticket in for over a month now regarding a purchase on the MS app. I bought a $24.99 deal and MS said it didn't go through and try again. I did that and got the same message. I didn't get either event deal. THEN I found out that I was charged for BOTH of them and I submitted a ticket.THEN I bought a $9.99 chron deal through the Android app and the chrons never showed up. I added that to the ticket. I included screenshots of the charges.

DAYS LATER. The CS rep replied that they were sorry but they gave me the chrons. THAT'S IT. They never gave me a refund of the two $24.99 deals OR the deals. I responded that I wanted a refund. DAYS LATER they responded that "I should rest assured" that I'd gotten the deals. I responded that I had not and again provided the screenshots. DAYS LATER they responded that I hadn't been charged. I responded again that I had been and AGAIN referenced the screenshots. The SECOND event ended. I still do not have the deals or refund. DAYS LATER they responded that they had misunderstood and that they were going to provide the deals, and did I want to wait for a new event. I responded yes, when the new event packs came out would be great. Next event, no drops. I thought maybe since it was a repeat event they were waiting for a new event. I responded with a "still waiting." DAYS LATER they responded that I should "rest assured that my friends at DB had not forgotten me"... STILL NO DROPS. I responded that they could make the drop since the new packs were out. That brings us up until today. The day before the end of the FOURTH EVENT and this ticket is still not resolved.

What does it take to get a supervisor to call me? I'm sick of this nonsense. The CS rep is responding in the middle of the night when they respond at all and then it is days to get an answer again. Having reps answer that are not even on the same day/night schedule is ludicrous. The worst customer service system I've ever experienced.
Capt. Ande Tennille

Comments

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you asked for your ticket to be escalated to a supervisor?

Also, in respect to them answering you only in the middle of the night, I think in their part of the world our night is their day, so it is working hours for them.

I really hope it gets sorted out for you soon 🤞
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Have you asked for your ticket to be escalated to a supervisor?

Also, in respect to them answering you only in the middle of the night, I think in their part of the world our night is their day, so it is working hours for them.

I really hope it gets sorted out for you soon 🤞

Thanks.

Yes, I have made the request.

The "their part of the world..." is my entire point... A company with a global customer base should be providing global customer support which means shifts appropriate to the customer being served. It is a US based company and at a minimum US customers should be served at a reasonable time so that every exchange does not take a full 24 hours. In this instance, "please restart your game and let me know..." takes an entire day for them to know that NO, there is STILL no resolution. Then when the CS rep is not working every day, it takes days for the next response. It's an extremely poorly thought out and operated CS system.
    Capt. Ande Tennille
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for bringing this up, I have made sure to escalate it to the Team Manager. This is not the kind of experience we want you to have.
  • Options
    Thank you @Shan - I appreciate your attention to it.
    Capt. Ande Tennille
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    FYI - I live in Asia, either one hour ahead or one hour behind of the CS team (not sure where they are) and I have never gotten a response faster than within 24hrs. So geographical location in relation to where the CS team are doesn’t seem to matter.
  • Options
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    FYI - I live in Asia, either one hour ahead or one hour behind of the CS team (not sure where they are) and I have never gotten a response faster than within 24hrs. So geographical location in relation to where the CS team are doesn’t seem to matter.

That is exactly my point, as I stated previously. The entire model is flawed. At a minimum, there should be a reasonable expectation of a 4 hour response for any problem involving hard currency purchases. The timing of events make anything longer unacceptable. If that means needing rotating shifts to cover all hours, so be it. THAT is actually the definition of Customer SERVICE.
    Capt. Ande Tennille
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Right now I’m waiting on a stuck voyage ticket. It’s been more than 36 hrs and have still not received a reply. Meaning that I cannot complete the daily targets and am therefore missing out on campaign points.
  • Options
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    Right now I’m waiting on a stuck voyage ticket. It’s been more than 36 hrs and have still not received a reply. Meaning that I cannot complete the daily targets and am therefore missing out on campaign points.

EXACTLY! I've been there, too! Every ticket takes DAYS to answer and then you have to hope they understand the issue (which usually they don't)... This isn't the first issue with response time, but it's certainly the longest anything has dragged on! It's unconscionable that through no fault of our own, we pay for campaigns and then aren't able to complete them because of customer (non)service response times, plus you miss out on another day's voyages, another day's daily rewards, another day's contributions to the fleet. It's horrendous!
    Capt. Ande Tennille
  • Options
    In my experience, after days of waiting for initial response to ticket, sometimes i have replied immediately when that response comes through, no time differential, and it is still another 3-4 days before a reply comes through.
    And as far as “understanding the problem” BOY OH BOY is that hard sometimes. I think there is a language barrier in many cases. This really makes it hard. Causes much more back and forth.
    I try not to send tickets unless i am really “ticked”, lol, bcuz it is worse to deal with C/S than just **tsk tsk** it up and move on. Of course some tickets are required. But little issues i just move on.