Home The Bridge

I did something naughty...

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
So, I decided to finally take my coins down to the Coinstar because I heard they had Amazon gift cards... Reason you get a gift card instead of cash is because they charge 11.9% when you cash out, but no fee with gift card. It would be a no-brainer, if you needed a specific store's credit.

So I get there, and there's no Amazon. But I've just lugged in this heavy jug of coins, and I ain't turning around now. I looked through the pages of gift cards, and I see iTunes.

Ugh... you guys, I just got a $168 addition to my iTunes account. And Star Trek Timelines is all I really spend money on.

Time to start repeating over and over: The premium 10-pulls are useless to me, The premium 10-pulls are useless to me, The premium 10-pulls are useless to me, The premium 10-pulls are useless to me!

Comments

• Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you well with your willpower test. Maybe they'll drop a few $10 legendary offers for crew you really like.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I'm pretty sure none of the Super-Rares I still need are in packs, so yea, it will have to be a more specific offer I'm buying... I already got the latest campaign and renewed my monthly card, so that's out of the way. Maybe I should just forget I have money in there? :smile:

i64kgnotn23w.jpg

And really, assuming they add them, what are the odds? Forget that!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save it for a campaign, or an ET pack. They did mention that the drop pool was being updated August sometime
    DB: Do Better
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Save it for if they ever bring Sail the Starry Skies back! (Yes that was a joke). Event offers maybe? Shuttle boost offers?
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Save it for if they ever bring Sail the Starry Skies back! (Yes that was a joke). Event offers maybe? Shuttle boost offers?

That's a great point, I think they've done away with the ship schematics packs, I haven't seen one in months. Well done, DB!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    So, I decided to finally take my coins down to the Coinstar because I heard they had Amazon gift cards... Reason you get a gift card instead of cash is because they charge 11.9% when you cash out, but no fee with gift card. It would be a no-brainer, if you needed a specific store's credit.

So I get there, and there's no Amazon. But I've just lugged in this heavy jug of coins, and I ain't turning around now. I looked through the pages of gift cards, and I see iTunes.

Ugh... you guys, I just got a $168 addition to my iTunes account. And Star Trek Timelines is all I really spend money on.

Time to start repeating over and over: The premium 10-pulls are useless to me, The premium 10-pulls are useless to me, The premium 10-pulls are useless to me, The premium 10-pulls are useless to me!

That is awesome. Even in all Quarters that would be 8.4 pounds. I hope your Coinstar is close!!!!!

EDIT: Definitely wait for the Portal Update next month to do Premium Pulls.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

That is awesome. Even in all Quarters that would be 8.4 pounds. I hope your Coinstar is close!!!!!

Meanwhile this Saturday I lugged two 40 pound bags of salt at the same time all the way through Lowes :p
  • Im saving all my premium single and 10x pks for after portal update. Been useless for over 3 months.
  • So, I decided to finally take my coins down to the Coinstar because I heard they had Amazon gift cards... Reason you get a gift card instead of cash is because they charge 11.9% when you cash out, but no fee with gift card. It would be a no-brainer, if you needed a specific store's credit.

zdoh3b4i4m7f.png
    ByloBand wrote: »

Meanwhile this Saturday I lugged two 40 pound bags of salt at the same time all the way through Lowes :p

Perhaps next time you should get a cart

Carts are for the weak!

Carts are for the weak!

It’s to put Banjo in. If I walked him through the store on a leash he would pee on everything

Oh, no no, it wasn't enough to warrant a cart. I'm bad at guessing, but I'd say 10-15 lbs of coins. I think? Now I'm not sure. All fit easily in a milk gallon jug with room to spare.
    Oh, no no, it wasn't enough to warrant a cart. I'm bad at guessing, but I'd say 10-15 lbs of coins. I think? Now I'm not sure. All fit easily in a milk gallon jug with room to spare.

Even so, you could have got a cart from the cart corral outside. Then you never would’ve had to carry it

• I'm pretty sure none of the Super-Rares I still need are in packs, so yea, it will have to be a more specific offer I'm buying... I already got the latest campaign and renewed my monthly card, so that's out of the way. Maybe I should just forget I have money in there? :smile:

Dude, I’d at least buy a dil pack while they are on sale and do your complete 72-hr Voyage and guarantee the 4* Doc McCoy; it’s really not that much, and then you can cite him from there or go for another one.

Even so, you could have got a cart from the cart corral outside. Then you never would’ve had to carry it

I am strong like many bulls!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpYDeR23 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure none of the Super-Rares I still need are in packs, so yea, it will have to be a more specific offer I'm buying... I already got the latest campaign and renewed my monthly card, so that's out of the way. Maybe I should just forget I have money in there? :smile:

Dude, I’d at least buy a dil pack while they are on sale and do your complete 72-hr Voyage and guarantee the 4* Doc McCoy; it’s really not that much, and then you can cite him from there or go for another one.

Not a bad idea - spend a little of your nest egg on dilithium during the sale for maybe a run at the next mega’s discounted crew packs.
    SpYDeR23 wrote: »

Not a bad idea - spend a little of your nest egg on dilithium during the sale for maybe a run at the next mega’s discounted crew packs.

Or could’ve done that during the skirmish to enjoy lavish rewards

edited July 2019
    Guys, I've been thinking... at this stage in the game, I really can't rely on the luck of random packs. I've been VERY disappointed by wayyyy too many 10-pulls over the past 6 months to risk paying for them. And adding the latest cards won't really help, it will just dilute the pool and make my chances even worse. I'll stick to the ones that come from campaigns and events.

I'm going to save the money for campaigns, monthly cards, and any specific offers with guaranteed crew that I happen to really want.

I mean, let's be honest, its iTunes money, not Star Trek money. Maybe I'll finally buy the pro version of that AR sky map program I like... :wink::wink::wink:
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I've been thinking... at this stage in the game, I really can't rely on the luck of random packs. I've been VERY disappointed by wayyyy too many 10-pulls over the past 6 months to risk paying for them. And adding the latest cards won't really help, it will just dilute the pool and make my chances even worse. I'll stick to the ones that come from campaigns and events.

I'm going to save the money for campaigns, monthly cards, and any specific offers with guaranteed crew that I happen to really want.

I mean, let's be honest, its iTunes money, not Star Trek money. Maybe I'll finally buy the pro version of that AR sky map program I like... :wink::wink::wink:

If you mean Sky Guide, then yes you should absolutely do that regardless of anything else suggested here.

In any case, I wouldn’t recommend spending dil on the regular 10x premium packs - just event packs or others offered with a single 5* and two 4*s...especially when they are discounted. Maybe ET packs, though you might as well take the limited deal that usually comes with them for cash instead.
    edited July 2019
    Aaah, they got me with that 15-pull, 3000 dilithium, 3000 chroniton offer.

$25 down...

Although first pull was a BeGold where I picked a new Rachel Garrett over a second star on Gangster Spock/Dark Ages McCoy.

I think I'll stop for a while and let my luck recharge. ;)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

$25 down...

Although first pull was a BeGold where I picked a new Rachel Garrett over a second star on Gangster Spock/Dark Ages McCoy.

Another option is saving your pulls till next month and the portal update.
    Let’s fly!
    edited July 2019

$25 down...

I actually feel the opposite, I'm cracking open EVERY pack I get now BEFORE the portal update because with fewer SRs in the portal it increases the odds of getting Lizard Paris and Coffee Janeway.

Hmm, interesting. Except I do portal pulls for legendaries and I would like to add stars to some of the new ones.
    Let’s fly!
    Well, I've got 4 left out of the 15. Got that Rachel Garrett behold, that's it for legendary begolds so far...

One copy of Amanda Grayson that I needed, one copy of Cyrus Redblock that immortalized him, and the rest to honor. Can't really complain too much.
    It's ok to do something naughty in July. Plenty of time to get right with Santa before Christmas.
    Let’s fly!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got $100 set aside for an event deal. At some point, I'll step up when my squadron wants to go all try-hard on a faction event. I'll get the 2/5 legendary and hope for more in packs and post the share. You know... Squad Goals or something like that. :)

I hope it's a good legendary when they decide to make a run.
    Farewell 🖖
  • JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    I actually feel the opposite, I'm cracking open EVERY pack I get now BEFORE the portal update because with fewer SRs in the portal it increases the odds of getting Lizard Paris and Coffee Janeway.

TY @ByloBand, I decided to pull the singles & 10-pulls I had before portal update to get CJaneway & MParis's; didn't get a one but 2x 4*adds, 1 5* add & 1 new 5*, so not too shabby.

$25 down...

Hmm, interesting. Except I do portal pulls for legendaries and I would like to add stars to some of the new ones.

In this case, you are essentially doing just that, as you can build a useful and unique legendary crew card by farming for super rares :)
    Joe Sage2 wrote: »

TY @ByloBand, I decided to pull the singles & 10-pulls I had before portal update to get CJaneway & MParis's; didn't get a one but 2x 4*adds, 1 5* add & 1 new 5*, so not too shabby.

Happy to help :) Do you have yourself an Evolved Janeway built up?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am baffled that such a thing as Coinstar even exists.

As a retailer I buy change off of customers. Beats going to the bank.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals