Home Engineering Room
Options

Issues with Gold Equipment Crate in Campaign

There's been a reoccurring issue with the gold equipment crate. It seems that it works similar to the dabo wheel in that it searched for available equipment slots of a certain rarity and provides them to you...except for the gold rarity. Gold equipment seems to be random and often tends to be for characters who I have never owned. I have only had this issue when I receive gold equipment from the crate.

I'm assuming that is not the design since getting a random gold equipment for one of hundreds of gold crew seems too scattershot to be helpful (it hasn't been for me). It also seems odd that gold is the only rarity that does this. I'm reporting this as a potential bug, and if it is by design, to ask the development team to reconsider its design.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Options
    I should note that I did have crew with gold equipment slots open (in fact, I had one with 2 gold equips open) and still received something for a crew I never owned.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I have this too. I got a gold item for Grand Proxy Neelix the other day from gauntlet rewards. I don’t own him and will probably never build him.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Happened again. Got a gold Geordie’s Hyperspanner. Checked the wiki - only used by characters I already have FE or don’t own. Can this be fixed please?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    About half of mine are useless. There was an official thread about this for a while, but you know the odds of them fixing this are lower than the odds of me winning the lotto five days in a row.
  • Options
    Today I got aviator year's scarf. Whilst I'm sure it is a very nice scarf, I do not and have never owned aviator yar...
  • Options
    I have this problem too, although for me I often get something for crew that is level 100 and fully equipped. At one time in the past there was a problem with inventory where random items were deleted when you got above 1000. I notice now that my inventory is 1053/1000, mainly because of these single one-offs I’ll never use. No idea if 53 items will suddenly disappear or if that problem has been fixed. Anyone know? For a while I was finding them and using them in the replicator just to keep things below 1000 but it’s a pain.
  • Options
    I have this problem too, although for me I often get something for crew that is level 100 and fully equipped. At one time in the past there was a problem with inventory where random items were deleted when you got above 1000. I notice now that my inventory is 1053/1000, mainly because of these single one-offs I’ll never use. No idea if 53 items will suddenly disappear or if that problem has been fixed. Anyone know? For a while I was finding them and using them in the replicator just to keep things below 1000 but it’s a pain.

Yes, the 1000 item limit is still a part of the game. Similar to the overflow in crew quarters, after a week the excess will be deleted. The difference is the items lost may be random. Keep your inventory clear or risk losing important items seems to be the message.
  • Options
    12345678 of 12345678912345678 of 123456789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This scattershot rewards is a dbfeature, not a bug. The programming seems designed for an expected behavior of players in the early stages of the game where a player will often have multiple uncompleted characters at varying levels.

To better avoid this, you need to have around 10-12 unequipped items at every rarity level, legendary included. The more, the better. I have 116 unequipped items currently myself.