Home The Bridge

Captain LaForge

calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
Old card, I know, but I am building him now and noticed that his level 96 combadge has a DIP 0 (45-85).

That’s great. Decent boost to a useful skill...

Problem is that Captain LaForge doesn’t have DIP as a skill. Um...

Comments

• Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    It's a common thing. He does have hidden skills (as all cards do) and this can become apparent during expedition events when doing the basic nodes. You will often find event crew able to clear nodes for skills they apparently don't posess.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the legendaries can pass pretty much any skill node at normal difficulty level.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    But sadly these lil bits of skill do not get added to voyages.
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Are we sure? They don't show up on the UI, but I think we've learned that we can't trust the UI to accurately reflect what is happening. The UI also shows a single number while we suspect the proficiency range is used not just the single average number.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Are we sure? They don't show up on the UI, but I think we've learned that we can't trust the UI to accurately reflect what is happening. The UI also shows a single number while we suspect the proficiency range is used not just the single average number.

This is what I suspect in particular when you start to fail hazards but in between there are still the occasional successes as well. Surely if the UI number is "set in stone" as soon as you start failing hazards they should all fail from then on in, but they don't.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

This is what I suspect in particular when you start to fail hazards but in between there are still the occasional successes as well. Surely if the UI number is "set in stone" as soon as you start failing hazards they should all fail from then on in, but they don't.

That could also be a result of @Commander Sinclair’s proficiency theory