Home The Bridge
Options

Created a new account.

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
I created a second account on July 8, and have been playing it daily to see how far I can get.

Here are some tips.

Don't save honor, spend it on trainers. Five 5* trainers can be bought for 150 honor.
Be Brutal, airlock all 1* crew, they are useless at this point. Six 1* crew can give 150 honor, or five 5* trainers.
Use credits for 10x basic pull. 1* crew airlocked on sight, 2* airlocked if they are duplicates of FF crew.

Most daily missions can be completed on day one or day two. The exception being some cadet challenges especially weekends, and completing on dilemma.

You don't need to succeed in a cadet mission for it to count towards so if you cannot pass the challenge, just throw crew at it and fail.

Once you are able to pass a cadet challenge, try to get three stars on at least one for every day, this will allow them to be warped and adwarped.

Keep a couple of factions at very short mission times. Once the mission time hits 10 minutes, then fail a mission to bring it back down by using the worst crew. This will make it easier to complete 7 missions, and use crew for away missions and voyages.

My main aim for the past 5 days is to get a voyage to the first dilemma. This is in my opinion the most important thing new players should be aiming for.

Play the dabo two or three times every day. Use the 5000 spin, then the adspin. If you have dil ( I got 36 dil from the campaign) then do a 10 dil spin, followed by the adspin. Once you have a 5* ship stop spending dil on spins. Today I got my first 5* ship, and have hit my first dilemma with 580 AM to spare. I have chosen to ignore the distress call.

Don't concentrate on levelling a few crew. See which ones can be levelled and level them. If you get stuck move to a different crew. I currently have 21 crew between level 20 and 80, including two 3* crew 60+ and two 4* crew at 30 and 40.

Level crew at ten levels per time. e.g. leave a crew at level 60 until all four slots can be filled. Then bring it up to level 70, fill all four slots, and press the button to allow the crew to be taken further. If the equipment slots cannot be filled immediately, or with easy to get items, move to a different crew member. Remember it is not the individual stats that matter, but the overall stats for voyages.

Using this method I managed to get to a 1 hour 50 minute voyage with a 2* ship in nine days (med/dip) and a probably 2 hour 25 min voyage today using my new 5* ship (it is sill ongoing).

Now I will earn all accolades every day, and get honor for completing a dilemma and all daily missions.

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea. One suggestion would be to level all crew immediately, even before their equipment can be built, as that would increase the likelihood of getting useful equipment drops from dabo spins and campaign equipment rewards.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many crew slots did your new account start with?
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    How many crew slots did your new account start with?

The account started with 90 crew slots, but went up to 95 on the second day with the increase in new crew slots, I did not buy any new slots. i.e. a new account now should start with 95 slots.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Interesting idea. One suggestion would be to level all crew immediately, even before their equipment can be built, as that would increase the likelihood of getting useful equipment drops from dabo spins and campaign equipment rewards.

The issue here is that one of the limiting factors is trainers, I have none left. If a crew member is especially useful, then I think you plan could work, e.g. the best of any specific skill, or a crew needed to clear a needed node. But to do this for all crew would be a waste of trainers, and hold other crew back.

• Options
    Dingbat1Dingbat1 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I remember when I started, there was a real bottleneck with trainers/training. Credits can also be fairly limited until you can ad-warp epic cadets on saturday.
    The other bottleneck was crew slots, but that might not be as big a deal now.

p.s. I quickly started airlocking 1*s too. I think by the time I was able to make 4hr voyages, I'd also airlock 2* crew
  • Options
    A quick update.

I have been playing the second account for four weeks (and one day). Yesterday I hit my first four hour dilemma. I have purchased the premium track on campaigns which has bumped my VIP upto 3, and given me a nice 4/5* crew. I am still spending honor on trainers, and still think it worth the effort. I used most of the dil from the track to buy a third shuttle, and will use the 5* cite for God Q.

I have changed my strategy slightly, my best crew, I am training as far as possible then filling the slots, so they give an advantage for missions and voyages.

I am biasing 4* and 5* crew, as they have the best stats. I think this is a good strategy, and my cadet mission crew is not very strong.

I am still equipping and levelling crew which can be easily equipped, and concentrating a bit on my best crew, and event crew as I get them. I have probably replicated between 8 and 12 items.

Some of my best/notable crew.

5* (4/5) Higher roller Sisko. lvl 100 with no slots filled. I have replicated about three items for him.
    5* (1/5) lvl 70/80 The Traveler, my best engineer. I have gear for two of his slots.
    5* (1/5) lvl 31/40 Asssimlated Janeway.
    5* (1/5) lvl 10/20 Surgeon Pulaski. I chose her in a begold for medicine.

4* (3/4) lvl 100 Aleek-Om, only one slot filled
    4* (4/4) lvl 90/90 Waitress Ezri, two slots filled.
    4* (2/4) lvl 80/80 Young T'Pau
    4* (3/4) lvl 70/70 Ambassador Spock. Will probably leave him here for now.
    4* (1/4) lvl 30/40 Marshall Q of France. I want to level him up for the coming event.

3* (1/3) FE Sniper Ezri Dax.
    3* (3/3) lvl 80/80 Groundkeeper Boothby..
    3* (3/3) lvl 70/80 Tourist Jadzia Dax.
    3* (2/3) lvl 70/80 Temporal Shift Kes.

Enough Duras's to produce one 4* copy of the sisters.

2* Lt. Tasha Yar. My first (and only) crew to be immortalised.
    2* Seven in Blue. My first crew that could be immortalised, but I saved the trainers for other crew.
    2* lvl 90 crew. Commander Riker, Seven in Blue, Lt. Commander Data, Away Team Archer, Captain Kirk,
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you do with CO Sisko? He has kinda become my bane. I hate looking at his 1/3 butt, but can’t bring myself to airlock him.
  • Options
    What did you do with CO Sisko? He has kinda become my bane. I hate looking at his 1/3 butt, but can’t bring myself to airlock him.

I claimed him, don't remember why I was probably tired, drunk or hungover, I don't remember which.

He is sitting at lvl 1 looking at the airlock twiddling his thumbs. I will probably level him, cite him, then freeze him in a few months.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with your concept of disregarding 1* characters. Here's why:

They're obviously the easiest to level, don't require fusing, and are therefore probably the first characters a new player will be able to immortalize. Immortalizing characters will get you collection achievements as well as dilithium milestones. Plus it will help new players learn which items they'll be needing to farm more often.

Second point, open up as much of the early campaign levels as possible.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    1* crew is a very interesting topic at the start some have traits that can help you progress through the map, maybe 1 or 2 would be ok to keep around but I wouldn't say more than that.

And whilst they can contribute to achievements and dilithium those are arguably long term investments whereas trainer bottleneck is an immediate concern that needs addressing and levelling multiple greys would not help in that area as they require the same amount of trainers as any other card.

Trainers and Citations are the real bottlenecks and they all hinder on honor. Therefore accumulating as much honor as you can sooner is the real route to progression.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only started to work on 1* crew a few weeks ago. I fully agree with Ironagedave on this, it is not worth the effort in the beginning as the crew itself is useless and the collections alone do not get you anywhere. They are a waste of precious trainers.

At first I focussed on unlocking all the cadet missions so I levelled female aliens as much as possible with 2 and 3 stars but I did not consider their traits for collection purposes, maybe I would do it differently a second time. The rares were also useful for the map (normal and some elite).

Commons really help pretty much nowhere and are pure collection luxury.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think only two 1* crew may really be worth it and even then only under certain conditions: McCoy’s 1* version can clear that pesky MED node on the final MWF cadet mission on Epic when fully leveled, if you don’t have a better MED option, and Keiko’s 1* version has a surprisingly good ship ability, again assuming you can’t find a better option early on.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do I know, anyway, the first character I ever immortalized was Tuvix. No joke.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think only two 1* crew may really be worth it and even then only under certain conditions: McCoy’s 1* version can clear that pesky MED node on the final MWF cadet mission on Epic when fully leveled, if you don’t have a better MED option, and Keiko’s 1* version has a surprisingly good ship ability, again assuming you can’t find a better option early on.

With regards to McCoy, that is no longer the case. It used to be that he was the only one that could crit that "resourceful" node, and only with a max or nearly max roll at that. Then DB took replaced the trait on McCoy with something else, so for a period of time nobody could crit the node. Then DB changed the node so that "Federation" is the requied trait, so other cadets such as CMO Crusher can crit it easily.

That confirms just how long it’s been since I worried about that node...even before warping, I just never ran that mission and kept Crusher in the freezer.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting thread. On my alt account, I focused on my 2* cadets first. I wanted to clear cadets ASAP. Then I focused on 3* cadets to clear those.Then I focused on all the 1/5s I had acquired. I realized those actually helped me more with voyages than the smattering of 4/4's I had acquired. For a long time I had more fe 5* chars than fe 4* chars. That got me to the 4 hour dilemma pretty fast. Once I added in a couple mega recurring chars, I was able to hit 6 hours consistently, and on a good day, 8 hours.

During the Rura Penthe Commandant event, I pulled off a minor miracle and scored him from the event at level 38 or 39 with only 3 shuttles. I've since cited him to 5/5 as well as Platonian Kirk (with the 4* campaign cites.) I bought a monthly card and played dabo several times a day for a month to get a usable 5* ship in skirmishes. That gave me everything I needed to do extremely well in skirmishes at least (best rank was 252 in a skirmish so far.)

At that point, I leveled and froze all the 2* chars, then the 1* chars, and finally the 3* chars. Those collections have some great bonuses so I wanted them ASAP. Plus, since I have way fewer crew slots on that account, I wanted to get them done and out of the way right away so I didn't have to try to chase them down later. That's basically where I'm at right now. Focusing on a couple recently acquired 1/5s and then on ff 4s (only have 6 not leveled) next.
  • Options
    We've a F2P player who stormed through those 1* crew to get dilithium for his third and fourth shuttles.

I think some of this is subjective, it depends on your playing style and what you want to get out of the game.

Personally I worked on cadet crew and 4* crew I had from galaxy events. Spending money makes a bigger difference than i realised. I struggle to even play epic on a skirmish event on my alt because i dont have ships levelled without buying lots of packs.

This, exactly. 1* chroniton cost is significantly lower for collections and achievements dilithium for F2P captains. Perfect for getting that 4th shuttle and expanding crew slots after credit purchases. Add to that the collection bonuses, and simply being useful at the beginning for missions and odd seat fillers, you can’t ignore 1*s completely.
  • Options
    Probably a stupid question and I've missed something obvious, but how do you start a new game? Seem to be locked in on whatever platform to the game I'm playing.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Vid wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question and I've missed something obvious, but how do you start a new game? Seem to be locked in on whatever platform to the game I'm playing.

The option is in your captain's menu.
    /edit: Well, you can only switch and reset there - I would not dare to try this. You probably need to delete the data on your device to start from scratch and link to a new email address then.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I just started a new game. I made new account on db site then went in game to change to that account. It save on the old one, but now I can't get te accomplicement for linking my new game..
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do I know, anyway, the first character I ever immortalized was Tuvix. No joke.

Wow. You’re prolly the only person who can say that, I’ve just recently leveled all the one star crew only because I started doing dailies because of campaigns (you won DB as I’m sure part of the point of campaigns was to get people like me to do dailies) and they are the less resources needed to do.