Home The Bridge

The Problem You Never Knew You Had

Whilst opening several packs, I found myself wondering why can't the 4x speed button stay on 4x instead of resetting to 1x speed? Why is there even a 1x speed option? Who chose 4x as the highest speed at which packs could be open?

One has time to ponder such things when packs are dropping only space flotsam.

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely love that this thread completely left the rails after exactly one reply!
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends if I get a blue drop at the start. If I do, I like to savour the moment
    Exactly this.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Yes it's annoying , as well as having over 700 single portal pulls :)
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends if I get a blue drop at the start. If I do, I like to savour the moment

I have no rational, statistical evidence for this, but I do the same thing because I don't want to tempt fate... if I hit the x4 button, I may only get the one behold at the end. Maybe if I take it slow, I'll get three!

It's utter ********, but that's how my mind works when I see that first blue.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP - is right about one thing I never knew it was a problem.

My only gripe is that you can't just click open another directly afterwards on the time portal screen, if you have a stack already to open, but oddly you can do it with merit pulls...

You can do it you're actually paying (merit, credits or dilithium), but if you already have some pre-existing pulls, you have to go back. Super annoying, but to be honest it saves me from spending because I am absolutely that person who would spend dilithium at least once without realizing it after buying a 10 pull.
  • BakerbeanzBakerbeanz ✭✭✭
    If I pay dilithium for my pack I want it to open slowly. I like my disappointment drawn out.

Lol hahaha!!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Is the obligatory response.....how many licks to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

And my answer, having tried it, is 48

I thought the answer to everything was 42 according to Arthur Dent

Right answer, but we never really learn the right question. If only that Volgon construction crew had waited another day.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has always annoyed me, yes.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they first fix the problem of 1* Crew popping up with a GOLD Border, like they are Legendaries. It's not only aggravating, but is kind of deceptive......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Is the obligatory response.....how many licks to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

And my answer, having tried it, is 48

I thought the answer to everything was 42 according to Arthur Dent

Right answer, but we never really learn the right question. If only that Volgon construction crew had waited another day.

“How many roads must a man walk down” is good enough, right? Not too definite, not too vague...it’ll work okay and nobody will notice.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, could we not just make them drop at 4x rate normally?
    DB: Do Better
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Why hasten the pain of disappointment? Let it slow burn until you reach rage-quitting proportions...

dwoct5loa05e.jpeg
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Why hasten the pain of disappointment? Let it slow burn until you reach rage-quitting proportions...

dwoct5loa05e.jpeg

Me when I get a 10 for 10, it's like I'm lucky if 7 out of the 10 contain garbage and the other 3 contain a useful straight drop or behold...hence why I havent purchased one in months