Home Ready Room
Options

Warp vs. conventional Away Mission

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
I somehow feel like doing Away Missions conventionally with critting nodes provides better rewards than warping them. Is this observation true or just a coincidence? Does warping auto-crit all nodes? Do different nodes provide different rewards once cleared or are they all the same with given probabilities of the mission's loot table?
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    You cant warp a mission until all the nodes have been cleared. Once a node has been cleared the rare reward is given and it reverts to a normal node with normal loot for the mission.

The only difference I can think of is that doing a mission manually does award XP to the individual crew which ran it, but that is offset by the trainers included when warping.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a node has been cleared the rare reward is given and it reverts to a normal node with normal loot for the mission.
    Are you sure? There are still crit chances on former star-nodes even after they are cleared. They have no purpose though?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Once a node has been cleared the rare reward is given and it reverts to a normal node with normal loot for the mission.
    Are you sure? There are still crit chances on former star-nodes even after they are cleared. They have no purpose though?

Correct, they serve no purpose.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys!
  • Options
    In my exp if you are warping cadets and do the same mission repeatedly trying for (sci exp) reward for example. After a few runs you will get none. It seems some RNG built in once you get the good stuff, your cut off for the day. The only difference i see in warping is that you must mix up which mission you are warping to get the good compos.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    In my exp if you are warping cadets and do the same mission repeatedly trying for (sci exp) reward for example. After a few runs you will get none. It seems some RNG built in once you get the good stuff, your cut off for the day. The only difference i see in warping is that you must mix up which mission you are warping to get the good compos.
    In my experience this is not the case. I use to warp cadet missions a lot and double most of them, and there is no difference in the droprate of the best stuff throughout the day.

My observation was related to normal away missions of which I - just for fun - did some manually recently and found only the former crit nodes dropping purple stuff. But obviously this was just a coincidence according to the responses here.