Home The Bridge
Options

Oh surely not...

AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
I have hit the top row of the dabo for the first time in 2 and a half years!!!

I got Jodmos.

I LITERALLY cited him to the freezer 5 hours ago.

I am, and will always be, unconvinced that this was pure luck.
Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266

Comments

• Options
    veXveX ✭✭
    I agree. There is no luck in this game. Everything is fixed.

I bought two borg packs the other day and I could use any crew form that pack except Drone Seven. Guess what I got in those two packs. Just two Drones, no behold or anything else. Two straight drop of the crew I don't need.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    There is an easy solution to this problem: don't spin the dabo wheel. In fact, don't even look at it so you won't be tempted by the top row.
  • Options
    Put in a ticket, worst they can say is no.
  • Options
    veX wrote: »
    I agree. There is no luck in this game. Everything is fixed.

I bought two borg packs the other day and I could use any crew form that pack except Drone Seven. Guess what I got in those two packs. Just two Drones, no behold or anything else. Two straight drop of the crew I don't need.

This is the main reason why I stopped buying DIL and stopped buying packs. If I have a character in the pack already FF then I never risk a purchase, and since I have most 4*s immortalised now, this means pretty much every pack DB put in front of us.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s all a crap shoot. I pulled a Borg pack and got my 2nd star on Borgie LaForge. I had all the SR’s long since frozen.

That or the game prefers me to you. Who knows. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put in a ticket because I got the legendary on the credit spin that I already had immortalized. I said the wheel says it’s custom to you and what you need. They said nope, it’s random. You got what you got
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabo is weird like that. I know I immortalized a super rare and that next dabo he was in it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a ledgendary shows up on Dabo that I've immortalized I dread doing the 5000 credit spin. Fortunatly I have yet to be so "lucky" as to win one under that circumstance (or any other), but knowing how my type of luck operates it's likely to be what happens if I ever do.
  • Options
    Putting in tickets for something like this may be a reason it takes real issues so long to resolve. I'll take honor over most of the other junk on the wheel anyday.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting in tickets for something like this may be a reason it takes real issues so long to resolve. I'll take honor over most of the other junk on the wheel anyday.

That might be true, but there are people compensated to take on all issues, big and small.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. I only put a ticket in if I feel there was an error on the games part - e.g. game goes down just before I receive a voyage etc.

"Bad luck" which may or may not be caused by non-independent events is not ticket worthy.

Speaking of which, the last 5 purple crew I had received which weren't already frozen were unowned crew... Given that, of the remaining purple crew not yet immortalised, I have 51% of them sitting my crew roster...
    I don't think the type of purple crew dropping is completely random
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have often wondered if Dabo is 'functioning as intended' I mean after all it claims the rewards are customized to you but I often end up with a load of useless modules for crew I don't own or even have in the freezer already.
    A question to put to CS?

Jim

a90fg4vzgqoo.png
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I have often wondered if Dabo is 'functioning as intended' I mean after all it claims the rewards are customized to you but I often end up with a load of useless modules for crew I don't own or even have in the freezer already.
    A question to put to CS?

Jim

a90fg4vzgqoo.png

Oh man this question comes up a lot, forgive me for lamenting explaining again. The reason dabo does not work very well for most of us showing equipment we actually need, is because beyond a certain point in the game (now shorter than it used to be), we tend to start focusing on one or two crew members to build at a time.

Also, we often level up crew and immediately build all the equipment we can, so there may be only 1-2 equipment slots waiting to build for a given crew member who's at say lvl 50. Dabo does not GUARANTEE useful equipment, but you have better odds if you have more unfinished equipment waiting.

Early on when playing, leveling a character to lvl100 is impossible. Thus, your entire crew roster is a mixture from lvl 1-100, many of which might be level 30, 40, 50, etc. This scenario is ideal for dabo, because it has 3 tiers of components you need crew under construction who NEED equipment at these tiers for them to show up in dabo. If you only have ONE crew in a given tier, your odds of dabo having useful equipment is not that great. if you have 10, the dabo wheel will constantly have useful equipment available to you. Dabo tiers don't GUARANTEE useful equipment, but if you've got a bunch of crew at lvl 10-30, and a bunch more from lvl 30-60, you'll see LOTS of useful equipment show up in dabo.

Very well explained. It's unfortunate that, once you reach a certain point, most of the equipment on the wheel ceases to be useful. On the other hand, you've reached a point of maturity in the game and can start competing with top players. That's a good thing.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Given the chance based nature of Dabo, I never looked at it as a location to gather much needed items (although I am thankful for the 4,747 clothing patterns). I just try one, maybe two spins, and hope to win anything in the top row. I basically look at Dabo as free honor or replicator fuel. With that perspective, at least for me, it doesn’t really matter what is up for the taking.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty much why I do Dabo. Spent 5000 credits and watch an ad for two chances at the top row crew.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get so many shirts I could open a shirt store.
    Let’s fly!