Home The Bridge
Options

How Designers Engineer Luck Into Video Games

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
http://nautil.us/issue/44/luck/how-designers-engineer-luck-into-video-games

No way to know what DB does or doesn't do. But a good read for the possibilities and pros/cons to the different approaches.

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting article. Thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    A recent 10x pull....
    jrdly7uzi752.jpg
    f2ptn4st2sxm.jpg
    This was after I opened about 30 basic 10x pulls...should I feel lucky and keep going or not. That article dictates I should...but considering it was an all immortal behold (wow, what a surprise) I think I'll stop XD
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting article. Thank you for sharing.

Ditto. I will begin constructing a shrine for Theuth in my backyard ASAP. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder what will happen when they put Azalia Mirhoseini's A.I. chip designs with the A.I. (software/OS) developed by an A.I.? Will it be "Control" or "Skynet"?

If the game was reprogrammed with it, will evolve itself and take over DB? What kind of new and crazy or malicious RNG would we have then? :o

(Azalia Mirhoseini article can be found at MIT Technology Review and look for 35 innovators under 35.)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Wonder what will happen when they put Azalia Mirhoseini's A.I. chip designs with the A.I. (software/OS) developed by an A.I.? Will it be "Control" or "Skynet"?

If the game was reprogrammed with it, will evolve itself and take over DB? What kind of new and crazy or malicious RNG would we have then? :o

(Azalia Mirhoseini article can be found at MIT Technology Review and look for 35 innovators under 35.)

I'll bet I still couldn't land a caretaker 😆