Home The Bridge
Options

Tuesday Voyage Idea

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
Hello, I'm Elim Lorca, filling in for your regular Tuesday host, @ByloBand . Today I'd like to talk about another idea to liven up Tuesdays. Let's call it Choose Your Own Voyage (CYOV) Tuesdays.

How would this work? Well it's like normal voyages, but different. You know how MED/ENG and MED/CMD seem to come up all the time? Well imagine if you could pick the stats. That's right! SEC/CMD all day long, bro! (But only on Tuesday for 24 hours.) Or whatever your bread and butter happens to be. I just know with Kol, Thrax, Leland, and HR Sisko, I've got those stats covered for days.
(Edit: Almost forgot MJLP for that SEC/CMD combo.)

What skills would you pick?
Can you think of other tweaks to liven up Tuesdays?
Have you considered joining the 10FH fleet family?
Do any of you programmer types know if this would be difficult to implement?
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fairness I WAS planning something for Tuesday when I got home from work in an hour!
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    In fairness I WAS planning something for Tuesday when I got home from work in an hour!

Uh.... I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. o:)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like this idea though, it kind of works well with one of the voyage ideas I'm working on :)
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭

It really depends on how it’s implemented on the server side now. It may be difficult to implement different skill sets on per player basis
  • Options
    Instead of picking skills, how bout we get the option to have it drop more of a particular item (at the expense of another)? Newer players could have it drop more trainers, exp. Players could pick honor, someone might need to round our their crew so more of the 2* personnel drop?
  • Options
    Vesmer wrote: »

It really depends on how it’s implemented on the server side now. It may be difficult to implement different skill sets on per player basis

Thank you for the insight. I know that things may appear to be simple, but may not be in reality. This helps put it in perspective. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us pick the ship trait too. A trait I don’t have kills me
  • Options
    I would pick any skill combo NOT including med. idc beyond that. I have all top rank med but really med/sec, med/eng the stats are so low on those crew its always a pointless voyage.

I still like some ideas from your last posting of tuesday idea lists. “Decrepit legendaries”. Lots of good ideas in there that could be applied or integrated to liven up tuesdays, bring some excitement for something different on tue besides boring useless cadets and tue 5* only packs.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Instead of picking skills, how bout we get the option to have it drop more of a particular item (at the expense of another)? Newer players could have it drop more trainers, exp. Players could pick honor, someone might need to round our their crew so more of the 2* personnel drop?

Or DB could arrange it by hour. As new players cannot go as long have the first two hours give more things that new players need, like trainers and credits. Then the 2-6 hrs would be more chrons and 6 on would be more honor.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Or DB could arrange it by hour. As new players cannot go as long have the first two hours give more things that new players need, like trainers and credits. Then the 2-6 hrs would be more chrons and 6 on would be more honor.

I love this idea. If 6+ dropped more honor, how much more would be spent on extending Voyages? And when combined with picking the stats on a Tuesday... How about a dilithium sale to just drive home the monetization?

Thanks for the callback for Decrepit Legendaries, @MirrorVerse Jc . If DB ever wants to do something for Tuesdays, I hope some does a forum search for "Tuesday Idea". That first one might have been my best, but I'm all for giving them options. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea. Diplomacy command all day long lol
  • Options
    or how about please don't shoot me for this, for like 100 dils we can "Refresh" our screen like in the faction store so that we can see if we can get a better pair? *ducks
  • Options
    or how about please don't shoot me for this, for like 100 dils we can "Refresh" our screen like in the faction store so that we can see if we can get a better pair? *ducks

I like the idea. It's outside the Tuesday theme and I think 50 Dil seems more fair, but the premise is solid. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

You can already sometimes get diff voyage skills or ship if you run a short voyage.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    that's what I do
  • Options
    that's what I do

Don't you hate it though when it does not change or it changes to something even worse?
    Let’s fly!