Home The Bridge
Options

Who has had a Legendary card traded for another by Customer Service

Almost a AngelAlmost a Angel ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
Just curious I'm sure I've seen and heard this happen from time to time from Fleet mates or other Fleet members, do to extremely bad pulls, or other issues that have come up from Events. My point being is that if enough of the players agree, some rules can be changed. I'm sure there is more of you like myself that have received an abundance of one character from the Gauntlet and none of the other. But to date the Rule is no trading out any cards from the Gauntlet, however I see it done for other aspects of the game. I find this unreasonable, but that's just my Opinion.

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    A while back I pulled about $150 worth of a Tuesday pull... Walked away with 2 annoraxs and 2 Daniels. I forgot how but someone told me that if I spent that much I should contact CS and get them to give me more crew. TBH I was pretty happy but I did (in a non entitled way, asking for a trade of honor for another Annorax). To my utter shock they said they would be happy to do this as a one time courtousy. I got another annorax out of it. But as for them trading one gold for another... There are (in my experience) 2 times they will do this.
    1) you get a behold but later either decide you chose wrong or wish you had chose differently or if you just plan 'fat thumb' hit the wrong choice. If you have a picture of the behold you can ask for them to trade it. This is however only doable once so use it wisely.
    2) this is rare but I've had it happen to me. I pulled a 10x and 1 slot was a Keeper half way through the pull game froze and it restarted, I took a snapshot of it just to make sure I had it for proof. Reopened and to my horror all the crew were different... 1st slot was vina, all the blue crew were different. I sent CS a ticket figuring they'd be fine with providing me my original Keeper. Long story short after several escalations and not having it resolved... I posted about it on here ... Shan was as always wonderful and got it fixed and it was a 'one time courtousy' but the chances of that happening again are very slim.
    But CS trading one gold for another outside of a behold or any service malfunctions.... 🧐
  • Options
    Almost a AngelAlmost a Angel ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    A while back I pulled about $150 worth of a Tuesday pull... Walked away with 2 annoraxs and 2 Daniels. I forgot how but someone told me that if I spent that much I should contact CS and get them to give me more crew. TBH I was pretty happy but I did (in a non entitled way, asking for a trade of honor for another Annorax). To my utter shock they said they would be happy to do this as a one time courtousy. I got another annorax out of it. But as for them trading one gold for another... There are (in my experience) 2 times they will do this.
    1) you get a behold but later either decide you chose wrong or wish you had chose differently or if you just plan 'fat thumb' hit the wrong choice. If you have a picture of the behold you can ask for them to trade it. This is however only doable once so use it wisely.
    2) this is rare but I've had it happen to me. I pulled a 10x and 1 slot was a Keeper half way through the pull game froze and it restarted, I took a snapshot of it just to make sure I had it for proof. Reopened and to my horror all the crew were different... 1st slot was vina, all the blue crew were different. I sent CS a ticket figuring they'd be fine with providing me my original Keeper. Long story short after several escalations and not having it resolved... I posted about it on here ... Shan was as always wonderful and got it fixed and it was a 'one time courtousy' but the chances of that happening again are very slim.
    But CS trading one gold for another outside of a behold or any service malfunctions.... 🧐

Thanks, I knew I had seen at some point where Legendary cards were traded out for another ( I was being told they were not) Ergo my opinion that if it can be done for one aspect of the game it can and should be allowed in other aspects. It would not stop me from playing or spending if they did, as a matter of fact it would enhance it.
    God Bless you

Answers

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten many of the gauntlet legendaries since its update to include them all in it. But I have recieved just one Locutus. I could use more. I wouldnt mind trading a couple armus for a couple locutus.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DB makes nothing - or would make nothing...allowing trading characters. They would rather that you lust...and ultimately spend...for a difficult to obtain card
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can trade gauntlet cards, then you won't spend merits/Dil trying for the new card you still need. The same goes for packs. The entire business model is built around you spending money to get that hard to get card. They are not going to let you trade cards and make it drastically easier to get your missing card.
  • Options
    Some of us play regardless, I know several who have given up trying just because the Gauntlet is not dropping as it should.
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Customer service's job is to help with complaints/glitches, not trade cards. As for trading cards, it would make the game die a quick death if they allowed it and accelerate power creep a lot. Nobody wants Tosk or Vulcan Executioner or whatever. Which means that everything will be melted into the new shiny card which will be devalued 6-12 months down the line. In my opinion the best they can do for players is increase legendary drop rates. You got 1 in 8 packs chance to drop a legendary in event packs. That's about 50 bucks for a 1/5. I know they're trying to harpoon whales but I'm seriously considering if the monthly card is worth it for 4 purples and a little bit of honor.
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    PavelH wrote: »
    Nobody wants Tosk

I get what you're saying in terms of game mechanics, but I so want a Tosk. He was adorable!

I’ll add in that I’d be happy with a Vulcan Executioner, he’s one of the 50 or so cards I’m missing.
  • Options

Thanks, I knew I had seen at some point where Legendary cards were traded out for another ( I was being told they were not) Ergo my opinion that if it can be done for one aspect of the game it can and should be allowed in other aspects. It would not stop me from playing or spending if they did, as a matter of fact it would enhance it.
    God Bless you

God bless u as well! And yeah if they had an option to maybe trade 2 golds for one (have to be in the loot table) or even not 2 desperate gold's ... a 2\5 I'd probably still be spending...
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I’ve never had CS exchange one card for another unless there was an error.

For example, once I mistakenly clicked on the wrong card in a behold, and CS was nice enough to check on it and make the switch.

Another time was with the Annorax issue. He wasn’t supposed to be in the pack, and I already had him immortalized. I got Temporal Agent Daniels and was waiting for the DYC on Daniels...and up pops the DYC for Annorax. I didn’t even want him (nor did I even know he was tied to the pack until then), but did the DYC hoping they would change it to Daniels and they did. If not for their error with Annorax, my DYC would have correctly been Temporal Agent Daniels.

Unless there is an error of some kind, imho, you shouldn’t be able to trade legendaries. We’ve all experienced “cruddy” pulls...it’s just part of the chance based card collection process.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    The major difference is that in all the instances cited above, the legendary that was being swapped for was either available for the player to take in a Behold, or the player did not receive one of the advertised crew in a pack. CS has never swapped a card for another just because it was not the card the player wanted.
  • Options
    I’ve never had CS exchange one card for another unless there was an error.

For example, once I mistakenly clicked on the wrong card in a behold, and CS was nice enough to check on it and make the switch.

Another time was with the Annorax issue. He wasn’t supposed to be in the pack, and I already had him immortalized. I got Temporal Agent Daniels and was waiting for the DYC on Daniels...and up pops the DYC for Annorax. I didn’t even want him (nor did I even know he was tied to the pack until then), but did the DYC hoping they would change it to Daniels and they did. If not for their error with Annorax, my DYC would have correctly been Temporal Agent Daniels.

Unless there is an error of some kind, imho, you shouldn’t be able to trade legendaries. We’ve all experienced “cruddy” pulls...it’s just part of the chance based card collection process.

Like you say we are entitled to our opinions. There was a time I went to claim a 1rst place spot from the Gauntlet it hung up just trying to spit something out. I sent in a ticket with a short video and snapshot. Got absolutely nothing from it other than...Oops. I of course asked for just a Caretaker that was dropping then at that time. Was I within my rights to request for that guffaw, I felt so. Have I stopped playing, no. Do I feel like my days are coming to a close and want that one last item fir my Bucket list. Oh yes😉
    Been a pleasure playing with ya. I think. Lol