Home The Bridge

Loken

Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone done a stat analysis on Loken yet? He looks pretty strong to me at first blush, but I haven't really added anything up yet.

#DBDoButter
Fleet: Starship Trista
Captain Level: 95
VIP Level: 12
Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Comments

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stats from the official post:

Loken
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: ENG 1311 (152-313), SCI 1005 (129-306), MED 553 (26-64)
    Traits: Innovator, Undercover Operative, Kraylor
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't decide if I should add a citation to him or Pollard.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pollard's sittin' up there in my strongest MED with Bashir and Cornwell and Culber and Pulaski like "Oh, hey there" and I'm like "Who are you and why do you belong among these greats?"
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar to Pollard, with an equally rare skillset. Just outside of Top 50 for Voyages, #2 ENG/SCI for shuttles.
    robownage wrote: »
    Similar to Pollard, with an equally rare skillset. Just outside of Top 50 for Voyages, #2 ENG/SCI for shuttles.

Thanks.
  • The skill set is pretty great, of course, though ENG/SCI isn't particularly rare anymore, and the MED is token at best. The new #5 ENG base is nice too, but DB seems to be cranking out top 10 Engineers with a quickness lately. If you like using cloak ships, his instant damage could be handy too. Three traits is a bummer, and his event chances depend on heavily on whether he is part of the upcoming mega or not. I'd say he's fairly good, if a few notches off being great.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I will compete for him, as he could fill a SCI seat on an ENG/MED voyage next to Leonardo, Banjoman, and the Rabbit
    It's definitely a handy skillset to have; the more the better is my motto with these guys. I've immortalized Leonardo, Rabbit, and Mirror Stamets without regret, and Banjoman is just waiting for the final star.

I can't wait for when they finally give us Stranded Reno to join the crew.
    It's definitely a handy skillset to have; the more the better is my motto with these guys. I've immortalized Leonardo, Rabbit, and Mirror Stamets without regret, and Banjoman is just waiting for the final star.

What I'm looking for is a version with MED as the primary skill. Am I right thinking that the White Rabbit (which I don't have) is the only one with MED as the secondary skill?
    edited July 2019

What I'm looking for is a version with MED as the primary skill. Am I right thinking that the White Rabbit (which I don't have) is the only one with MED as the secondary skill?

That is correct, yes. All others have either ENG or SCI as the secondary.

Edit: except Naked Phlox. Oops.
  • robownage wrote: »

Phlox, Au Naturel is also a MED secondary. Imprinted Archer is the only MED primary so far.

Only Imprinted Archer has MED primary, and White Rabbit and Phlox au Naturel feature it as a secondary.

Voyage scores:
    n5qx26oqa1o1.png
    Thanks, @robownage
    edited July 2019
    55cvn2f9lwua.jpg
    I want to upgrade him, but there are so many others. I can't decide.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Pollard's sittin' up there in my strongest MED with Bashir and Cornwell and Culber and Pulaski like "Oh, hey there" and I'm like "Who are you and why do you belong among these greats?"

Pollard saved the lives of two seriously injured main crew members in one episode. That's pretty great to me.
    Let’s fly!

Pollard saved the lives of two seriously injured main crew members in one episode. That's pretty great to me.

Excuse me, I can't hear you over the uproarious laughter of Beverly Crusher, Julian Bashir, and the Doctor. I'll go tell them to quiet down.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    55cvn2f9lwua.jpg

Have the other side of that coin, the White Rabbit. Cited the heck out him when I got the card. Certainly became my priority. If I had that Archer, I would cite him hands down before any others.

pqly2ehrktz7.jpeg

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Excuse me, I can't hear you over the uproarious laughter of Beverly Crusher, Julian Bashir, and the Doctor. I'll go tell them to quiet down.

Oh ok, so unless Discovery does a cliche episode where the crew is all infected by a virus that has killed many other people before the crew was infected but yet somehow only kills one crewman we have never seen before this episode and somehow Dr. Pollard cures the gravely sick main character in sickbay we are supposed to be worried about and everyone else on board you will not be happy? Or do you demand a ripoff plague episode where there is some plague that is wiping a whole population of people out and yet somehow the ship doctor can not only cure a disease that no other doctors could but also cure it in a couple days?
    Let’s fly!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't decide if I should add a citation to him or Pollard.

She's pretty darn good.
    bi69cze9bk0k.png
    55cvn2f9lwua.jpg

Have the other side of that coin, the White Rabbit. Cited the heck out him when I got the card. Certainly became my priority. If I had that Archer, I would cite him hands down before any others.

pqly2ehrktz7.jpeg

I dropped everything I was doing to cite my Rabbit and haven’t looked back. Magnificent.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    So where does the rabbit come from? I want one lol

Is it rare pack only or something?
    DeanWins wrote: »

Yes. I failed at that pack, but got the Archer pack first try.
    DeanWins wrote: »

Yes. I failed at that pack, but got the Archer pack first try.

Had the opposite experience here lol
    edited July 2019

Oh ok, so unless Discovery does a cliche episode where the crew is all infected by a virus that has killed many other people before the crew was infected but yet somehow only kills one crewman we have never seen before this episode and somehow Dr. Pollard cures the gravely sick main character in sickbay we are supposed to be worried about and everyone else on board you will not be happy? Or do you demand a ripoff plague episode where there is some plague that is wiping a whole population of people out and yet somehow the ship doctor can not only cure a disease that no other doctors could but also cure it in a couple days?

Yes, that's exactly what I want. This is a TV show, not real life, you understand? Quit standing around and do all that sht you just said!

In any case, if you're trying to turn this into me hating on Discovery, that's silly, because Hugh Culber is amazing.

I'll give Pollard season 3 to show me what she can do, but until then she's on probation.

Yes, that's exactly what I want. This is a TV show, not real life, you understand? Quit standing around and do all that sht you just said!

In any case, if you're trying to turn this into me hating on Discovery, that's silly, because Hugh Culber is amazing.

I'll give Pollard season 3 to show me what she can do, but until then she's on probation.

What did Culber do (medically speaking) that was so amazing? I assume it was in Season 1, but I'm not really remembering.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

What did Culber do (medically speaking) that was so amazing? I assume it was in Season 1, but I'm not really remembering.

Didn't they both work on Voq/Ash? Culber monitored Stamets and the tartigrade DNA thing. Pollard's most notable thing was during the showdown with Section 31. They only gave her a couple of lines. And we don't really know how successful she was yet. We'll see what happens in season 3. But I'm quite happy to have her ahead of a pending mega event.

As far as comparing her to other doctors... In a month or two, there will be a McCoy, Crusher, or someone who surpasses Dr. Pollard. I wouldn't get to worked up about it just yet. But... Maybe I'm just riding a butter high. ;)
    Farewell 🖖
    edited July 2019

My point exactly. It isn't about medical feats. I don't care if Doctor Dullard saved two people in one episode. It's about falling in love with a character.

From the moment Hugh Culber watched Stamets slowly deteriorate from using the spore drive, he was part of US, the audience.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

My point exactly. It isn't about medical feats. I don't care if Doctor Dullard saved two people in one episode. It's about falling in love with a character.

From the moment Hugh Culber watched Stamets slowly deteriorate from using the spore drive, he was part of US, the audience.

Agreed. Nothing has happened yet to connect the audience to Pollard. She has seemed rather static as a character imho. At least for me, as it sits right now, she isn’t in the same tier as the other docs from other series. That isn’t a reflection on Discovery, just a reflection on her character as I see her.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
    edited July 2019
    Well, my observation is that Culber's primary role on the show is to be a love interest for Stamets while Pollard's primary role on the show is to be the ship's doctor.