Home The Bridge
Options

Bell riots jadzia

I just got bell riots jadzia in a pull because there are so many jadzia events, even picked a new 5 star over what would have been my final star for suliban reed. Hadnt even noticed that this event would make jadzia essentialy bonus crew, happy coincidence. But while thawing my jadzias I noticed that my shiny new dax is somehow not an exobiologist. Come on DB, hot fix this little oversight, not nearly enough bonus crew this event. Please, kidding not kidding.

Comments

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting to know how they decided which Jadzia was an exobiologist and which wasn’t. For example, Klingon Bride Jadzia is, but Blood Oath Jadzia isn’t.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    It would be of value to change/add traits for some versions of crew for variety, but........
    Blood oath jadzia doesnt have klingon trait for sure this has been a longtime noted oversight, or not since never fixed.
    Not all jadzia has exobiology, astrophysicist, or pilot.
    Not all picards are exoarchiologist
    Not all dr crusher have cyberneticist
    And so on. I could continue but i think the point is made. Many crew have basic specialties that are not listed in all of their versions/cards.
    Unless a hologram or mirror version the base traits of specialized skills should apply to all versions. Just my thoughts.
    And just as an fyi for this event bonus trait i have 19 active astrophysicists in my roster. That doesnt include several 4* frozen which i wont bother to defrost. Im sorry cpt beck you are in short supply and you moment of excitement was squashed.

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    In the “Make It So!” sub-forum, there is an ongoing thread on the subject of traits:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10931/trait-audit-thread-new/p1
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Princess Jadzia and Gangster Spock are a couple other crew cards that are conspicously missing exobiology
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be of value to change/add traits for some versions of crew for variety, but........
    Blood oath jadzia doesnt have klingon trait for sure this has been a longtime noted oversight, or not since never fixed.
    And so on. I could continue but i think the point is made. Many crew have basic specialties that are not listed in all of their versions/cards.
    Unless a hologram or mirror version the base traits of specialized skills should apply to all versions. Just my thoughts.
    And just as an fyi for this event bonus trait i have 19 active astrophysicists in my roster. That doesnt include several 4* frozen which i wont bother to defrost. Im sorry cpt beck you are in short supply and you moment of excitement was squashed.

Isn't it exobiologist not astrophysicist?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Definitely exobiologist.
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Run Rampant
    Event Type: Faction Event
    Event Crew: Dr. Pollard 5* (New), Young T'Pau 4* (New), and Gorn Captain 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 07/25 until Monday 07/29 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Loken (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 08/01.

Event Faction: Klingon Empire, Federation, Ferengi Alliance

Bonus crew::
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: crew with the exobiology trait.

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Bell Jadzia but I think Klingon Bride Jadzia has a better selection of traits overall for voyages.
    Lt. Commander Dax also has Exobiology as does Captain and Mirror Spock; weird how some variants of the same crew 'forget' there traits but I suppose its to make the game a little more dynamic
    DB: Do Better
  • Options

Hu? Am i mis-reading something? My post and your quote clearly say “ not all jadzia have exo, astro, or pilot”. All three of these skills should be inherent to all versions of jadzia except hologram or mirror.
    Why the question?? Shouldnt it be exo not astro? It says both.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Hu? Am i mis-reading something? My post and your quote clearly say “ not all jadzia have exo, astro, or pilot”. All three of these skills should be inherent to all versions of jadzia except hologram or mirror.

Both traits are bungled for various Jadzia variants, it’s just that fixing any missing Exobiologist traits would be helpful for the event.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

The line in question I was questioning was
    And just as an fyi for this event bonus trait i have 19 active astrophysicists in my roster. That doesnt include several 4* frozen which i wont bother to defrost.
  • Options

The line in question I was questioning was
    And just as an fyi for this event bonus trait i have 19 active astrophysicists in my roster. That doesnt include several 4* frozen which i wont bother to defrost.

Ok thanks. So i did indeed make a boobo on that sentence meaning exo not astro. Now i see i had wrote the wrong trait there, and now understand the question.
    The rest of the stuff was just generalized statement about how specialty skills of crew are not included in all versions.