Home The Bridge
Options

Should all the Qs in the game get the "Continuum" Trait?!?!?

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Since we have a "Continuum" Trait now, would it make it easier to search for Q if all of him had it?
Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Should all the Qs in the game get the "Continuum" Trait?!?!? 61 votes

Yes, that is a great idea!
85%
ADM Fletcher [ET]AviTrek[KM]VidemCaptain Durf[SSR] The Iron CowZombie Squirrel RocpileLalandraJim RaynorEndgame BluesGeneral McDuckHaBlack[SSR]TrollhammerenHungry Dog DDM12345678 of 123456789(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]AggeSvenLundgrenSoupKitchen RikerOdo Marmarosa 52 votes
No, it is fun to have to sort through 30 Quarks and Maquis members to find him.
14%
Jim Steelebarrydancer~peregrine~[S47] ELiL[SJ] YorksterBylo Band[10F] Duke WilliamsPavelHVesmer 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but this game is punishment in so many ways! “Yes sir, may I have another!” lol

d8zphllcj4ag.jpeg
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer "Q Continuum" not just "Continuum", but either way it would be a useful improvement.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I'd prefer "Q Continuum" not just "Continuum", but either way it would be a useful improvement.

I don't remember any other Continuum in the ST universe. If there is, then Q Continuum would be better. If not, then I prefer no spaces in traits. Either would be an improvement, so count me in either way.

Edit: there are only 24 Maquis + Quark. If you add in Quantum Physicists, then you're over 30.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you properly manage your roster, all your Quarks and Maquis will be in your freezer ;)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    If you properly manage your roster, all your Quarks and Maquis will be in your freezer ;)

True, almost all of them have bad stats.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the Q except Human Q as he was kicked out of the continuum.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I understand fully and agree with the search and sort issue, the basis for the poll. Agree something might be done to fix it.

However, the continuum has been referenced as a place where all Q exist, a different plane of existence, and also as the entire collective of Q’s. So in some ways it may be like giving all humans the trait of earth?
    Some or all of voyager crew went to the continuum in 2 separate episodes. It was being referred to as a place.
    But then again all stt card traits are not fully authentic or accurate. So wtvs. If it helps the sort then why not.
    When you think about the authenticity of trek this one is a head-scratcher.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the avatars around me in this poll, I'm in good company!

n2t27dppm7ub.jpg
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    There are two questions in this poll.

Question 1:
    Since we have a "Continuum" Trait now, would it make it easier to search for Q if all of him had it?
    Answer 1: Yes.

Question 2: “Should all the Qs in the game get the ‘Continuum’ Trait?!?!?”

Answer 2: No, for the reason below.
    All the Q except Human Q as he was kicked out of the continuum.
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the avatars around me in this poll, I'm in good company!

n2t27dppm7ub.jpg

Ha!!! Looks like you’re the cool kid in school!!

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question of Human Q is a good one. But I would still give him the continuum trait. When you have a human dressed up as another species, they are the other species AND human. When Q became human, he was given a permanent human form, but he was still himself, so he was still in essence a Q. Here I am using the idea of Q as an identity more than just the powers. Klingon Bride Jadzia is given the Klingon trait, but isn't even pretending to be one like Quark and O'Brian and Sisko. She isn't even really self identifying. She is simply associated. Q was still associated with the continuum while human (especially since most of the Enterprise crew thought he was still fully powerful). For that matter, the continuum still thought if Q as one of theirs since they were watching him to let him back into the club. It was basically a "time out" for a naughty Q rather than a permanent banishment. And just like a small child in trouble from parents, Q thought he was being punished more severely and permanently than he really was.

I rambled a lot, but Human Q belongs with the continuum. If someone else can rephrase my I'm-too-tired-to-think diatribe, good for you.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't your Q's also be there? Most of the Q SR's don't have great stats. Filtering them out of your freezer is the primary reason, not finding them in your active crew.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Well I just checked and a search for Q gives you 10 rows of 5 entries in the freezer. now you just have to look who is indeed a Q...
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't your Q's also be there? Most of the Q SR's don't have great stats. Filtering them out of your freezer is the primary reason, not finding them in your active crew.

Yes. I may have been cheeky :p
    The question of Human Q is a good one. But I would still give him the continuum trait. When you have a human dressed up as another species, they are the other species AND human. When Q became human, he was given a permanent human form, but he was still himself, so he was still in essence a Q. Here I am using the idea of Q as an identity more than just the powers. Klingon Bride Jadzia is given the Klingon trait, but isn't even pretending to be one like Quark and O'Brian and Sisko. She isn't even really self identifying. She is simply associated. Q was still associated with the continuum while human (especially since most of the Enterprise crew thought he was still fully powerful). For that matter, the continuum still thought if Q as one of theirs since they were watching him to let him back into the club. It was basically a "time out" for a naughty Q rather than a permanent banishment. And just like a small child in trouble from parents, Q thought he was being punished more severely and permanently than he really was.

I rambled a lot, but Human Q belongs with the continuum. If someone else can rephrase my I'm-too-tired-to-think diatribe, good for you.

I'll use my grandma as an example. She was born in Denmark, moved to the U.S. in the 1950s by way of Canada, and became a U.S. citizen when I was 13. It was 100% accurate to call her an American, but she was still Danish.

No matter where Q goes, The Continuum will always be a part of him.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said no, only because Human Q was ejected from the Continuum thus no longer a member. Good idea though.
    DB: Do Better