Home The Bridge
Options

What to expect from STLV STT Panel??

So I am excited for the upcoming mega, but there was a whole other part of the announcement that I cannot find anyone talking about.

"Be sure to attend the Gaming panel on Thursday, August 1 at 2:15pm, which will feature a discussion of several current Star Trek video games by the people who make them. Timelines lead designer Ariel C. will be on hand to discuss upcoming changes and improvements to the game and take your questions.

Want more Timelines talk? On Thursday, August 1 at 4:30pm, Disruptor Beam is hosting an STT meetup at the convention. Talk about the game, swap your favorite Behold stories, and tell us what you enjoy the most about the game. The event will be hosted by Ariel and STT producer Lexi W., and possibly feature a special surprise guest or two."

What could they announce? What changes and improvements are they going to unveil TOMORROW? Lol. I'm excited for this just as much as the amazing looking mega!

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'd like to think we'll get confirmation of the next portal update. Wouldn't be opposed to a new Honor Hall and/or Gauntlet character announcement.

I'm terms of changes - perhaps a new game mode in the vein of Voyages or event type?
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh new Honor Hall/Gauntlet characters would be cool. Didn't think of that.
    Definitely hoping for a new game mode, I would really like a way to challenge other players what I know, like gauntlet in a way, but against friends. I try and convince friends to play, but then they ask if the can play against me at all, well... not really. Lol

And this is a total long shot, but a player marketplace. This works in Fifa Mobile, and they still come up with plenty of ways to bring in the cash. But I honestly dont see this happening ever.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps a 24 hour Tuesday event?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Dominion Invasion fleet event, defend DS9.
  • Options

That's brilliant. Oh man I am going to be disappointed with whatever they actually do announce now.
    Mini events.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, idk, but it would be great if DB put it up on youtube or forum for those that cannot attend.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, idk, but it would be great if DB put it up on youtube or forum for those that cannot attend.

I thought the same thing. I want to stream it live
  • Options

I thought the same thing. I want to stream it live

w1mem2ddtx07.jpg

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    @Shan will there be any way to stream the panels from STLV? Or will there be a live updates?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I'd like to think we'll get confirmation of the next portal update. Wouldn't be opposed to a new Honor Hall and/or Gauntlet character announcement.

I'm terms of changes - perhaps a new game mode in the vein of Voyages or event type?

We are past due on a new honor hall exclusive. Armus hasn’t been around quite as long, though...then again, a sixth star for him showed up a few days ago after a seventh place finish, so I either want four more or a new gauntlet exclusive real soon.

I wonder who would be a good new honor hall crew? If memory serves, Amanda Rogers was a suggestion before she was announced as being in the Q mega event. Kevin Uxbridge would be a good one, as would Gary Mitchell. A slightly left-field option would be “Chancellor Worf” from the ten seconds between ending Gowron and convincing the council to name Martok Chancellor instead. Or maybe, since both of the existing honor hall crew date to the TNG/DS9 era, we could finally get an Admiral Forrest (or Mirror Captain Forrest)?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    @Shan will there be any way to stream the panels from STLV? Or will there be a live updates?

As I recall, DB did a Facebook Live stream (with @Nod !) from Vegas in 2017, prior to & teasing the introduction of Voyages. As to the general panel discussions, I suspect there will be clips out there in cyberspace soon enough. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    STLV is not a Roman numeral.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Flemming wrote: »
    STLV is not a Roman numeral.

No it is initials for Star Trek Las Vegas.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

As I recall, DB did a Facebook Live stream (with @Nod !) from Vegas in 2017, prior to & teasing the introduction of Voyages. As to the general panel discussions, I suspect there will be clips out there in cyberspace soon enough. 🖖

I have been playing a year, so I wasnt playing before voyages... seems like the stone age. I feel like a teenager trying to imagine a world without internet. How did you scavenge for chrons, how did you acquire all the free crew and honor?? Lol.

It would be amazing if they had an addition to the game that would be so awesome that it one day feels as essential as voyages.
  • Options

I have been playing a year, so I wasnt playing before voyages... seems like the stone age. I feel like a teenager trying to imagine a world without internet. How did you scavenge for chrons, how did you acquire all the free crew and honor?? Lol.

It would be amazing if they had an addition to the game that would be so awesome that it one day feels as essential as voyages.

Yes and no, too many things makes the game too time consuming and cumbersome like what Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes did. They kept adding things until you had to play so many hours to do everything. It was just too much so I quit.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and no, too many things makes the game too time consuming and cumbersome like what Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes did. They kept adding things until you had to play so many hours to do everything. It was just too much so I quit.
    Interesting point! If it was not for the Campaigns which kind of force you to do everything apart from Gauntlet every day to some extent it would be nice to have daily tasks for everything in the game (including Gauntlet, event participation on days there is one and whatever becomes added) but give on the other hand the option to get the 200 honor and 150 accolades per day WITHOUT doing literally everything. So everybody could select the parts of the game (s)he likes and still accomplish that daily goal. Like... do 12/14 (adapted with each new game component) or something like that instead of "do 11/11".
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    What I would like to know : will we finaly get Lieutenant M'Ress?
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there will be no streaming, I too hope that one day that will be part of the Star Trek conventions operations.

The gaming panel is an STLV official panel with various game developers.

We should be able to do a recap of the panel and meet up afterwards though :)
  • Options
    PLEEEASE someone share any new announcements and recaps who is attending! :) Thanks for posting this, I also was surprised to see no discussion about this yet.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Unfortunately there will be no streaming, I too hope that one day that will be part of the Star Trek conventions operations.

The gaming panel is an STLV official panel with various game developers.

We should be able to do a recap of the panel and meet up afterwards though :)

Thanks @Shan
    Keep us posted. Looking forward to the news
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I must agree with @(HGH)Apollo. If you have been playing for over three years we have been along for the ride of all new things. More mechanics unfortunately add the unintentional consequence of more glitches. We have had recent additions of campaigns. And are getting a portal update soon. IMO overall DB should focus on long standing undetermined/“we dont know why this happens” glitches. Such as voyage freezes, dilemma path failures, crew disappearing, built items becoming unbuilt, all of those (log out, then log back in and see if it fixes it) problems.
    Along with many, many suggestions from players about what we would like to see. Such as change beholds to a 4 card drop, the fourth card being a cite in the event of all 3 crew already FF. Add decrepit (older) legendary crew to voyages and possibly a reduced di pack for these on Tuesdays. Spice up tue cadets, upgrade command structure and controls in SB, add squad share crew option to all events and allow SL placement prior to event start, increase 5* drop-rate, better vault crew tracking header, balance dismissal honor vs honor hall cost.
    Just a few that i can readily recall. We are asked to make constructive suggestions instead of just criticisms in the forums. These things listed have been suggested many times for a long time. Lets re-work, upgrade and fix the the things we already have. Then add new mechanism that are not required for dailies thus burdening players time to achieve full daily rewards and campaigns accolades.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Let's remember, this is a broad panel with other game developers about Star Trek as a whole. These minor gameplay tweaks are too inside baseball for the audience. I'd expect the updates to be about including Picard/Lower Decks, maybe broad updates on gameplay, and that's it. This forum is not the target audience.

There are two panels, one with multiple games represented and one with just timelines. Here's hoping.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's remember, this is a broad panel with other game developers about Star Trek as a whole. These minor gameplay tweaks are too inside baseball for the audience. I'd expect the updates to be about including Picard/Lower Decks, maybe broad updates on gameplay, and that's it. This forum is not the target audience.

There are two panels, one with multiple games represented and one with just timelines. Here's hoping.

If you are referring to the meet up, that is not a panel :)
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

If you are referring to the meet up, that is not a panel :)

@Shan where is the info on the Vegas event
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Here ya go:

https://creationent.com/cal/st_lasvegas.html

FYI – Klingon Karaoke is hilarious, and the Happy Hour is usually quite fun. This year with Chase Masterson, and she is awesome in person!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, any news guys?
  • Options
    CDR Que is at StLV right now! So jelly!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    So... no news? Nothing interesting? No announcements??
  • Options
    From my sources that are there, and attended. It was a big letdown & waste of their time. DB reps just basically talked of the Mega. That's all.