Home Engineering Room
Options

Purple Clothing Pattern - bug?

Captain ZloggCaptain Zlogg ✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Engineering Room
Equipping Ezri and wondering why I wasn’t getting the 4* Clothing Pattern. Then I noticed that on Deadly Disruptions its a once only reward.

aqp1ajhgl38b.png
h83nh8yiuph2.png

Comments

• Options
    It is a known issue. There are several items that have that problem. You'll always want to check for that before doing farming missions.
  • Options
    Check the crate symbol in the mission box in the mission list, the symbol in the top right of the box, adjacent to the "Deadly Distributions" text. It's the rare reward symbol, meaning you can only win it once. So it's a bug, but you can tell if the bug applies to your mission or not from the mission list.
  • Options
    It is a known issue. There are several items that have that problem. You'll always want to check for that before doing farming missions.
    Check the crate symbol in the mission box in the mission list, the symbol in the top right of the box, adjacent to the "Deadly Distributions" text. It's the rare reward symbol, meaning you can only win it once. So it's a bug, but you can tell if the bug applies to your mission or not from the mission list.

OK I will be looking out for that in future, and thanks for your comments, but this needs to be corrected. Rare means once in a very few chances, not NO CHANCE AT ALL. Why is the mission even listed if it's impossible to get the item from that mission?
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭

OK I will be looking out for that in future, and thanks for your comments, but this needs to be corrected. Rare means once in a very few chances, not NO CHANCE AT ALL. Why is the mission even listed if it's impossible to get the item from that mission?

Totally feel your frustrations. I've fallen foul to this bug a few times and seen countless others in our fleet and in the community in general over the years. There are probably several threads here already of those discovering the bug for the first time.

It is unfortunatly a very old bug that DB refuse to fix. However, if you submit a ticket they're normally quite good at giving back your chrons.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went three days in a row once doing hourly (before they increased it) attempts at an expensive item with no success for just this reason.

Part of my problem was in not restarting the game periodically. A restart usually fixes the issue and makes the mission not show. Similarly, there are some good missions that once in a while don't show up until you restart.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have fallen victim to this as well. More than once because I forgot. Very frustrating
  • Options
    Way late to the ballgame on this one for me. Havent looked in eng for a while. The easiest way to tell (without having to click or check anything), if u notice in your picture of the build path to missions “ deadly disruptions” has a colored crate. All other missions are simply black and white crate. The colored crate indicates a node reward. The non-colored crate indicates mission rewards. This “known problem” is not a glitch. Its just a matter of not having clear instructions or that the node reward mission should not even be in the build list path. But the colored vs non colored is your indicator.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way late to the ballgame on this one for me. Havent looked in eng for a while. The easiest way to tell (without having to click or check anything), if u notice in your picture of the build path to missions “ deadly disruptions” has a colored crate. All other missions are simply black and white crate. The colored crate indicates a node reward. The non-colored crate indicates mission rewards. This “known problem” is not a glitch. Its just a matter of not having clear instructions or that the node reward mission should not even be in the build list path. But the colored vs non colored is your indicator.

I always assume what I’m looking at is correct, after I run a few ten warps then I look and say damn!! Forgot that isn’t listed correctly