Home The Bridge

Need Citation Advice (two choices)

2»

Comments

• Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    ByloBand wrote: »
    If that works for you, I guess, but the biggest jump in quality is from the 4th to 5th stars, and unless you have a couple hundred immortalized legends, there is nothing to lose by citing that 5th star. If another copy shows up in a behold, just pick one of the other 2 options or just take it, airlock it, and add that 550 Honor to your pile. That is my advice.

I agree with this. You’re shortchanging your roster by not going 5/5. I will also add to that I won’t base a decision on something that might not ever happen

I'm of their opinion as well. I haven't hit 10 hours yet because I don't have high star base bonuses but I can get to about 9 hours minimum on even the weirdest of voyage combinations because I take the best citation available.

I don't remember citing up a 1/5 and the only 2/5 I remember citing up to 5/5 was humbled Archer because I needed a higher DIP base than Cornwell. The minimum I would normally consider citing is 3/5 if they will be useful (like Gauntlet crew before they were available).

Even if you max out a 5/5 and get another copy, just start another one. All the mega event characters and gauntlet crew are worth having a second copy around, even if it is frozen.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that works for you, I guess, but the biggest jump in quality is from the 4th to 5th stars, and unless you have a couple hundred immortalized legends, there is nothing to lose by citing that 5th star. If another copy shows up in a behold, just pick one of the other 2 options or just take it, airlock it, and add that 550 Honor to your pile. That is my advice.

I agree with this. You’re shortchanging your roster by not going 5/5. I will also add to that I won’t base a decision on something that might not ever happen

I'm of their opinion as well. I haven't hit 10 hours yet because I don't have high star base bonuses but I can get to about 9 hours minimum on even the weirdest of voyage combinations because I take the best citation available.

I don't remember citing up a 1/5 and the only 2/5 I remember citing up to 5/5 was humbled Archer because I needed a higher DIP base than Cornwell. The minimum I would normally consider citing is 3/5 if they will be useful (like Gauntlet crew before they were available).

Even if you max out a 5/5 and get another copy, just start another one. All the mega event characters and gauntlet crew are worth having a second copy around, even if it is frozen.

I don't cite anyone to 5/5 unless I would start a second copy. So... If I get the dreaded all-immortalized behold, I'll pick my favorite to start a second copy.
    (The one exception is Minuet. So if she is in said behold, then I'll pick one of the other two.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    I'd echo the advice that rather than any of your choices, you should focus on improving your best combo. Based on your info here that's CMD/ENG.

I'd cite the best voyage total card with either one of those skills primary or both skills.

If you really want to cite one of those two, you're right that it's a tough call since honor takes a while to collect, but I'd go with Dr. Pulaski since that 100 point difference only gets bigger once you throw in starbase & collection bonuses.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Traits matter as well. It’s one of the reasons I chose to immortalize Laborer Spock despite his two skills.

I don't cite anyone to 5/5 unless I would start a second copy. So... If I get the dreaded all-immortalized behold, I'll pick my favorite to start a second copy.
    (The one exception is Minuet. So if she is in said behold, then I'll pick one of the other two.)

I think the value you get by using a 5/5 over a 4/5, especially if you have at least 6 months of usage before a card moves into the portal and even potentially becomes a behold problem, far outweighs the loss of the honour if you get it in a behold. 3 cards at 5/5 for voyages, faction missions and events, especially any main cast for bonuses, will get you far more in 6-12 months than their 4/5 equivalent while hoping and waiting for a 5th star. You might even wait 2 years for a rerun to get the 5th star the way legendaries are added to the portal in greater numbers than any other card. I have only had 3 of my 5/5's pop up on beholds over the entire time I have played and I would gladly take a second copy of any of my legendaries because I haven't wasted honour fusing up useless ones or going after useless ones in events. Just my opinion though as I only have about 20 x 5/5 now but the lower the number, the less likely you need to worry about it.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the value you get by using a 5/5 over a 4/5, especially if you have at least 6 months of usage before a card moves into the portal and even potentially becomes a behold problem, far outweighs the loss of the honour if you get it in a behold. 3 cards at 5/5 for voyages, faction missions and events, especially any main cast for bonuses, will get you far more in 6-12 months than their 4/5 equivalent while hoping and waiting for a 5th star. You might even wait 2 years for a rerun to get the 5th star the way legendaries are added to the portal in greater numbers than any other card. I have only had 3 of my 5/5's pop up on beholds over the entire time I have played and I would gladly take a second copy of any of my legendaries because I haven't wasted honour fusing up useless ones or going after useless ones in events. Just my opinion though as I only have about 20 x 5/5 now but the lower the number, the less likely you need to worry about it.

I will ech your sentiments as you have echoed mine. You’re not going to play to the best of your abilities if you avoid 5/5’s. I don’t understand why someone would hold back their full potential to avoid something that may never happen. I always went for the 5/5 in a behold when I was climbing the game ranks and I’m reaping the benefits now. I will take 20 5/5’s over 50 4/5’s any day

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traits matter as well. It’s one of the reasons I chose to immortalize Laborer Spock despite his two skills.

With a two skill crewman though you are missing anywhere from 200-700 voyage points compared to a three skill crewman. Those points would likely get you further than the 25 am you get for matching trait which is less than what you lose for one missed hazard. People can certainly cite two skilled crew up but I would advise waiting till you have recieved three stars on that crewman from portal or events before citing one up like I did with my Scientist Degra.
    Let’s fly!

I will ech your sentiments as you have echoed mine. You’re not going to play to the best of your abilities if you avoid 5/5’s. I don’t understand why someone would hold back their full potential to avoid something that may never happen. I always went for the 5/5 in a behold when I was climbing the game ranks and I’m reaping the benefits now. I will take 20 5/5’s over 50 4/5’s any day

Absolutely, I agree 100%.

With a two skill crewman though you are missing anywhere from 200-700 voyage points compared to a three skill crewman. Those points would likely get you further than the 25 am you get for matching trait which is less than what you lose for one missed hazard. People can certainly cite two skilled crew up but I would advise waiting till you have recieved three stars on that crewman from portal or events before citing one up like I did with my Scientist Degra.

When you don't have many 5/5s, even a 2 skill 5/5 is a step above a 4/4 for both voyages and factions, especially when the base skills are both near or over 1000. I put the 5th star on both T'Kuvma and Minuet early on and haven't regretted it. Both have seen lots of voyages and still see lots of faction time now while freeing up better crew for voyages.