Home The Bridge
Options

Make Gauntlet Great Again!

Given that many players are all using the same OP cards in Gauntlet (Locutus, Kahless, Seven, M Phlox...) week after week, I have a suggestion for adding more variance to the game.

- introduce 1-3 negative traits per event that causes a critical miss - 1/2 score or 0 score instead of the critical hit 2x.

If the negative trait for an event was Human, Borg, Doctor then you would get some pretty interesting crews in Gauntlet.

Comments

• Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really fun idea! I am all for using different crew in the gauntlet. I really don't want to keep throwing Kahless, Guinan, Sulan day after day
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting ideas. I agree it is getting rather boring seeing the same Locutai, Seven or Phlox walls.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I agree, the gauntlet needs something to make it fun as does the Arena. Both are boring and feel like a chore needing to be done because they give some decent reward that is useful at times.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    Or maybe more simple: three traits that can't be used in Gauntlets that event
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

I doubt they'll ever add anything like this to the gauntlet, but this particular version seems most likely so far. I'm all for it if it excludes Locutus from the Gauntlet at least half the time.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    I think just making it so the top 5 used characters from the previous gauntlets should be banned from the next gauntlets. So at least we can mix it up on every other match with different cards.

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a good chance that OP's would effectively result in this. I don't think I would chance bringing someone to the gauntlet who might RNG a zero roll.
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Given that many players are all using the same OP cards in Gauntlet (Locutus, Kahless, Seven, M Phlox...) week after week, I have a suggestion for adding more variance to the game.

- introduce 1-3 negative traits per event that causes a critical miss - 1/2 score or 0 score instead of the critical hit 2x.

If the negative trait for an event was Human, Borg, Doctor then you would get some pretty interesting crews in Gauntlet.

I awesome'd your idea, because the gauntlet is getting pretty stale. However, I would like about 50K honor back for my Kahless ;-)
  • Options
    And here I thought this would be a thead asking them to remove trainers from the prizes...

I like this idea even better (but seriously, take out trainers, too).
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    If you want to see improvements then ignore the feature entirely I quit after 1821 rounds had over 30 wins probably closer to 50 have 5 locutus just not the time to spend to go through 48hrs to get the exact same copy paste rewards as the last 10 #1 finishes.

Boycott it and things will inevitably change
    qvggz8vmspyk.png
  • Options
    Of all the Q&A responses, their commitment to do...absolutely nothing on Gauntlet was perhaps the most frustrating, especially since they plainly admit to the feature's "staleness." I do still play Gauntlet for crits and giggles, but I've never wasted dil on it and have even cut off any major investment of merits. I've finished in the top 5 a few times but just do not care enough to commit the resources for a #1 finish, and unless things change, probably never will.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    There is RNG and there is bad algorithm. Obviously STT is plagued with intentionally bad algorithms (from gauntlet to packs) to "force" players to players spend dillithium. The f2p players prob don't care and not their target audiences

If DB dont want to change anything to gauntlet, then do these:
    1. have option to bypass animation to just see outcome right away. Ppl suggest to put the phone down etc... but it can save my energy, battery, and time if i can just skip
    2. Show 1 number % probability of winning. Don't know how this can help but we have similar thing with shuttle, crafting items already

• Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    I am someone right now who doesn't have a big issue with gauntlet the way it is structured. To be honest I think a way to get rid of some of the staleness is to add and rotate more characters and maybe increase streak rewards. I have gotten a 48 run streak before which is hard and requires a lot of luck but rewards are the same.

If you had more high end gauntlet characters to be able to use you would see more rotation but right now it is rather limited because a lot of new characters aren't that good in gauntlet.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 streaks are no guarantee of getting the jackpot prize however a 3 win streak seems to be the most common way of getting Locutus/Guinan to drop so save merits/Dilithium and remember streaks mean very little beyond personal bests