Home The Bridge
Options

Trek or Treat Packs

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
Quite a large number of crew in there - can anyone confirm if Gabriel Bell is in there?

Not that I am distrusting of the pack description but twice bitten by bugged packs I thought I would check!

Jim
DB: Do Better

Comments

• Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got him on my second pull, which was a pleasant surprise as my first pull was horrendous. And now I'm done for the day/week.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta ask is he maxed yet?
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Cool pack I wish DB would do a special offer on it
  • Options
    Can confim. Got him in 5.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is shockingly NOT maxed yet. And no, I will most certainly not be the first to do it.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »

Would much rather that than the "Halloween" special offer for the Discovery, which I couldn't give a second thought about.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »

Would much rather that than the "Halloween" special offer for the Discovery, which I couldn't give a second thought about.

I just got one for $25.00 actually 2300 schematics. I really don't like these though so trade you if you get one for packs lol
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have fourteen of those purples immortalized, hmm think I'll pass.
    I did get my final Gorn Captain from the Deep Space Horrors though.
  • Options
    Also, he's maxed now.

• Options
    Also, he's maxed now.
    Awesome, congrats! Stats/Pics please :)
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got one for $25.00 actually 2300 schematics. I really don't like these though so trade you if you get one for packs lol

Big ol' swing and a miss by DB, I think. If it had been $25 for, say, 15-30 of the Halloween packs, I absolutely woulda bit. But I'm not paying $25 (well, $34 for me) for a ship that I'll never use and also couldn't care less about.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭

Big ol' swing and a miss by DB, I think. If it had been $25 for, say, 15-30 of the Halloween packs, I absolutely woulda bit. But I'm not paying $25 (well, $34 for me) for a ship that I'll never use and also couldn't care less about.

100% Agreed. I can't believe they would do a special "Halloween" Offer for a ship. Makes no sense at all. Shan if you read these would you care to comment :smile:
  • Options
    eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Here you go! Starbase bonuses are 5% dip and command, 6% security.

fwborutst69e.png

l5w3m96s5rm8.png

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nutz, 20 pulls and Nada. Yar
  • Options
    I was so disappointed when I looked down after reading halloween offer and the offer ended up being for the Discovery. I was hoping for the packs. Or at least a free pack as a trick or treat. lol

Still, nice to see the new special packs. In before people whine when they disappear in the time they were supposed to because "we didn't finish our pulls".
    "If you want level-headed answers to help you fit into polite society I'm not really the right person..." -CMDR Shepard
    "When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you." -B'Elanna Torres
    "Simulations can't prepare you for the real thing. Nothing can." -Dr. Julian Bashir
    "There's no room in justice for loyalty, or friendship, or love. Justice, as the Humans like to say, is blind. I used to believe that. I'm not sure I can anymore." -Odo
    "Sleep, there's no such thing. It's just an old space tale like Sparkle dancers or Klingons with a heart of gold. " -Montgomery Scott
    "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam"? No, "Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
  • Options
    I did 3 pulls since I had so many characters in the pack partially fused. Sadly, I got three separate SRs I did not previously have (Baseball Rom & Kira + Galen) , exacerbating my crew slot problem. But hey, it was a gamble. And at least I got the last star on Empress Sato, who I've gotten four copies of in random pack pulls over just the last couple months. Good stuff.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Wow.. other then the Benny Russell art, this may be the best they've done on Brooks yet.
    Definitely brings out the bad astrix in him..

(Shrugs, not enough detail on Dominion war or 1701 Sisko.. he just looks.. like a bald generic African American man who could maybe be related. ) (Kinda like hockey Paris.. could be related to Tom, but neither his picture nor name explicitly stated that it's Tom Paris)

Any who..
    Love that the Sisko with the shotgun has high diplomacy lol.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big ol' swing and a miss by DB, I think. If it had been $25 for, say, 15-30 of the Halloween packs, I absolutely woulda bit.

Totally - I've got seven of the costumed set already 4/4, but I'd have taken a 15x10 deal with those odds without a second thought. (I did get one pack - two beholds, one my first where everyone was already 4/4, but the other had Anastasia, so I'm a happy captain.)

TBH I just don't see the value of a new ship, no matter how good, with how I play at the moment. I've been around long enough that just getting 10x card packs has maxed a few 5* ships, and I'm not trying to get number one in the arena or squeeze every last drop out of voyages with every trait matched - those "free" 5*s do what I need just fine. Unless I was suddenly going to try to be ultra-competitive in ship-based gameplay (which I'm not) and was willing to spend all the extra money to max out Discovery (which I'm so not), literally the only thing I'd be buying for the $30 would be to have the new ship hovering in front of me in the main screen. Disco's a kind of cool looking ship, I'll give her that, but so's the T'ong I've already got, so why spend?
  • Options
    With 50+ characters in the pack and needing stars on all but 5 of them, I thought this would be a good buy. So what did I get... one of the 5 I have immortalised hmm.gif
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    With 50+ characters in the pack and needing stars on all but 5 of them, I thought this would be a good buy. So what did I get... one of the 5 I have immortalised hmm.gif
    I had Robin Hood Picard from my pull, already have him immortal so out of the airlock he went!

• Options
    JMJM ✭✭
    Are people having luck with legendary beholds from the new pack?
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I had Robin Hood Picard from my pull, already have him immortal so out of the airlock he went!

It was Combat Medic Paris here. Although Robin Hood would have been no use to me either.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    There were 5 legendaries in that pack I don't have, plus Gabriel Bell. I really wanted the Gabriel Bell, and he is the new release. So over $500 later, still don't have any of the 5 legendaries I was missing, nor do I have Gabriel Bell. But I had over 120,000 honor.

I'm about at the point with the way they have marketed new releases the last month or so that I am thinking of forgetting about the collecting aspect of this game, saying my crew is sufficient for now, and just sticking with event packs. Seriously, putting new releases in Best Chance packs or with 50+ other crew is just a way to try and pull in maximum dollars for a new release...
  • Options
    Seriously, putting new releases in Best Chance packs or with 50+ other crew is just a way to try and pull in maximum dollars for a new release...

This is their job. Event packs are a much better value if you want a specific crew. The less there are in the pack, the higher your chances of getting what you want. According to your spend level for the pack, they are doing a great job! :wink:
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, putting new releases in Best Chance packs or with 50+ other crew is just a way to try and pull in maximum dollars for a new release...

Seems to be working.
  • Options
    If it had only been Gabriel Bell with no other crew I needed, I would have passed with it being 50 in the pack. But with 6 crew out of the 50 I needed, I figured with that spend I would have pulled at least 1 I was missing. Nope.

With only missing 9 legendaries and now 3 super rares, I'm at the point where I am done chasing after crew when they are packaging them in ways that RNG is truly against you.