Home Engineering Room
Options

Ship ability clarification needed

The following crews' bonus ability amounts need clarifying by DB, due to the uncertainty caused by the use of the word "to" in the construction "Increases Attack boost to +N":

4* Captain Klaa: "to +11"
2* Fleet Commander Martok: "to +5"
2* Telek R'Mor: "to +4"

Regarding the "to +N" construction, 1* Maquis Chakotay also has this language ("to +3") in his bonus ability. In that instance the amount is clearly 2, because his minimum & maximum Attack Boost are equal.
🖖
"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize that this issue is low-priority. That being said, after 7 days I would appreciate a response from DB. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have asked about this and there is no issue at play.
    Regarding what you said about Maquis Chakotay, was a ship with the positioning ability used? That would be the key factor here. As that is the trigger for his bonus ability.

From our design team, and I hope I got this correctly:
    The “Increases Attack bonus to +N” is a guarantee that after other bonuses, the Attack bonus on the ship will be +N. Said crew’s ability, however, will not increase the value past that point. Other crew or abilities could.

In the case of Maquis Chakotay, he always gives a +1 bonus when triggered.
    If positioning is active before he his triggered, his bonus ability means that after all other bonuses, Maquis Chakotay guarantees that the bonus at the end will be at least +3 to the Attack stat. Other crew work the same way.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thank you for clarifying, Shan. The information for Chakotay came from his card (well, the Wiki). As I now understand it, these numbers are maximum amounts for fully fused cards. 🖖