Home Ready Room
Options

Reps, Gold vs Purple

I have 84 golds not at L100 (1*-4*) if they have 5* then they're immortal, 127 purples FF but not immortalised. In a Fleet so have 8 reps available daily and a good few days/ weeks of schems to use up. Should have done this sooner, but there you go.

Do I move more golds up to L100 or focus on getting more purples finished and probably frozen?

If purples then focus on collections rather than potential use?

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How's your crew slot situation? Are you close to the limit? If so, might be worthwhile to do a few Super Rares and send them to the freezer — killing two birds if you also find ones that also are part of a collection. (Collections are really not high on my list of reasons to cite, level, or acquire crew — that's just icing on the cake, as far as I'm concerned.) In addition, 4* crew will of course be cheaper to level, generally-speaking, than Legendaries.

And then I'd say if you've got any 5* crew who could be useful in Gauntlet, or who might be event crew for an upcoming Faction event, they'd be worth leveling even at 1/5.

Otherwise, I'd probably focus on your Legendaries with the most stars and best combined stats first.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Captain ZloggCaptain Zlogg ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    With a weekly event adding 3-7 more crew every week your crew slots are the priority. Since there is no point freezing golds or useful purples I would freeze the purples you don't need to keep around and filling collections gives a nice bonus.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with both of the above. Here’s a handy list you can refer to:

-event/bonus and gauntlet crew of either rarity
    -weaker 4* crew to freeze
    -legendary crew at 4/5*, 3/5*, and 2/5*
    -remaining 1/5*s and 4/4*s

One thing to keep in mind: these are guidelines. Exactly which crew to choose may depend on skill gaps in your roster; for example, if all of your 2-4/5* crew are some variation of COM/DIP/SEC, you might want to mix in some doctors, engineers, and/or scientists from your 1/5* and 4/4* ranks. There are many here who would be happy to help offer suggestions on specific crew to focus on over others, should you need further advice.
  • Options
    Slots are virtually always full, as soon as I make a few spaces something comes along to fill them, usually an event. Got quite a few 4/4 L1-L40 event crew sitting around doing nothing. Picking them up during/ at the end of an event leaves no incentive to work on them.

17 immortal golds and 17 purples possibly says a lot about how I'm playing this game. Add to that 26 golds at L100 waiting for stars. Other than a handful of nodes (Episodes 7 & 10 need a lot of work, when the opportunity arises) then the purples serve little purpose for me, extra bums in shuttle seats if I'm running multiples in faction events, but the more golds I move up through levels then the less use the purples will get.

Collections provide extra percentage points for core & proficiency, better chances in gauntlet and criting nodes surely? Along with the extra points for voyages/ shuttles, should any of them actually make the cut.

No question that my weakest area is MED, but I do have 6 golds at L100 waiting for stars that would obviously make a lot of difference. The current mega will FF/FE Qod, hopefully there'll be some packs again reasonably soon to pick up Indignant to make more Cheesecakes. Pollard, Pulaski and a couple of Crushers just need the stars to drop.

I currently have 1 active green, 1 active blue (arena pairing) and 4 active FF/FE purples (could probably freeze 2 of them and not notice) and just 2 slots free.

As things stand the purples are generally just in the way, but when the wheels turn one or more of them might have a use in an event, but possibly I'm too late to the game for those I have worked on to get a call up in the foreseeable future and if one (or more) of those that I have FF gets an event, I'll probably still not have the time/ resources to FE to utilise them.

I think that I've convinced myself to use the reps on purples that can move collections on, unless I have any golds drop that I really need to get to L100. Making space and picking up extra percentages (along with other odds and ends) seems to make sense.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonuses from collections (and starbases) can be quite powerful: for my BO#1, I get an extra 150 points to her DIP base and 100 points to her ENG base. Proficiency boosts don’t “feel” as large (even my Defensive Phlox only gets +91 to his max roll) but every little bit helps for voyage length and gauntlet odds.

One other tip, just in case: try focusing on leveling one crew at a time. Having everyone leveled up to 40, or 70, or 99 costs a lot of resources and doesn’t clear slots or fill collections. Target one crew, power level then, and get them in the freezer if they don’t have an obvious purpose for daily use. If you get stuck on a hard item, replicate and move on - given that you have access to the max number of replicator uses, you may only be limited by credits...if that does become an issue, Saturday cadet missions on higher difficulties are a great resource and supply kits run on regular missions will provide bonus income as well.
  • Options
    Vid wrote: »
    Slots are virtually always full, as soon as I make a few spaces something comes along to fill them, usually an event. Got quite a few 4/4 L1-L40 event crew sitting around doing nothing. Picking them up during/ at the end of an event leaves no incentive to work on them.

17 immortal golds and 17 purples possibly says a lot about how I'm playing this game. Add to that 26 golds at L100 waiting for stars. Other than a handful of nodes (Episodes 7 & 10 need a lot of work, when the opportunity arises) then the purples serve little purpose for me, extra bums in shuttle seats if I'm running multiples in faction events, but the more golds I move up through levels then the less use the purples will get.

Collections provide extra percentage points for core & proficiency, better chances in gauntlet and criting nodes surely? Along with the extra points for voyages/ shuttles, should any of them actually make the cut.

No question that my weakest area is MED, but I do have 6 golds at L100 waiting for stars that would obviously make a lot of difference. The current mega will FF/FE Qod, hopefully there'll be some packs again reasonably soon to pick up Indignant to make more Cheesecakes. Pollard, Pulaski and a couple of Crushers just need the stars to drop.

I currently have 1 active green, 1 active blue (arena pairing) and 4 active FF/FE purples (could probably freeze 2 of them and not notice) and just 2 slots free.

As things stand the purples are generally just in the way, but when the wheels turn one or more of them might have a use in an event, but possibly I'm too late to the game for those I have worked on to get a call up in the foreseeable future and if one (or more) of those that I have FF gets an event, I'll probably still not have the time/ resources to FE to utilise them.

I think that I've convinced myself to use the reps on purples that can move collections on, unless I have any golds drop that I really need to get to L100. Making space and picking up extra percentages (along with other odds and ends) seems to make sense.

127 SR crew FF and not FE, it sounds like you've been on a spending spree buying up crew without being anywhere near finished building those you've got. Slow down and build your crew! Yes I'd prioritize SR crew for upcoming evnets once they're announced, otherwise why not build those that will give you collections.

It's a big waste of potential that you've got so many legends partially fused and not even levelled yet. You really don't need to buy more crew for a while!
  • Options
    No arguments that I've overspent massively and yes, curbing myself is something that I'm doing my utmost to attend to.

I stopped counting at 40 SR's that have been event/ campaign dumps that I've done little to nothing with, maybe using some of them as easy daily equip/ level/ train accolade gains. So far I've kept (most of) them, but on the whole other than the idea many will eventually be another notch in a collection or two, they serve no real purpose.

It may or may not be a coincidence, I've recently picked up Sheriff Q, Captain Q and French Q and today out comes a pack offering them. Too easy to get drawn in to these sort of packs chasing a gold and getting one or more full sets of the purples, I recognise that this is an issue that I need to deal with myself. Cap Q was already 4/4, today's voyage made French Q 4/4, Sheriff Q appears to be a waste of a chase. The other 490 pack holds no interest whatsoever, even if the 4*s have also dropped (and been airlocked) recently.

Upcoming events, you can only work on the crew if you actually have them, which seems to be 2 new crew and one existing 4* that is generally useless for the event anyway ..................

And yes, the credits have taken a massive hit recently, meaning the 8 reps a day isn't going to be pushed for much longer.

I'll use the 'Do Not Airlock' sheet to prioritise collections over the coming weeks. Will do all I can to stop buying (either cash or dil) packs, unless Indignant is in one so that I can get another star for Cheesecake.

Thanks for the input.