Home Engineering Room

Voyage timer jumps by 10 minutes when refilling AM??

SpukkZSpukkZ ✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Engineering Room
My voyage had run out of antimatter after ~11h 54m according to the timer. so I refill my antimatter, and suddenly the timer jumps to 12h 4m! So I didn't get my 12h dilemma which I was expecting to get!

Edit: I just calculated the amount of dilithium used to refill my antimatter, and this was 145. Which would mean the voyage was at 12h 05min if I'm counting the cost of 1 dilithium per 5 minutes, meaning it just ran straight past the 12h mark without triggering a dilemma?!

Has anyone ever seen this kind of behaviour? I've had voyages not loading dilemmas several times before, but then the timer would just stay at xxh 00m...

Comments

• Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    If you took screenshots you can send them to CS and perhaps they will refund your dilithium or give you a voyage refill token since you went an extra 2 hours earning rewards.
  • SpukkZSpukkZ ✭✭✭
    If you took screenshots you can send them to CS and perhaps they will refund your dilithium or give you a voyage refill token since you went an extra 2 hours earning rewards.

Yeah, I'm really going to have to start recording everything I do in this game in its buggy state...But seriously, CS should be able to determine I didn't get the dilemma as the game tracks which dilemmas you get during a voyage, so that it can give you part 2/3 dilemmas and not present the same dilemma twice.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    They can't track everything so if the timer reset back to 12:00:00 internally, you have no proof if there was a glitch on the client side. That's why the screenshots can be useful.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't track everything so if the timer reset back to 12:00:00 internally, you have no proof if there was a glitch on the client side. That's why the screenshots can be useful.

DB tracks everything when it benefits the bottom line. What business does not?

For context, I suggest perusing this thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/6196/independence-crew-pack-is-bugged/p1

🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    They keep track of everything, 100%. I had that argument with a low level CS who basically said "no screenshot, no refund" but when I demanded to talk to someone higher up they told me that absolutely everything is tracked and they were able to verify my claims through logs and refunded me.

Oh a side note, I was also told that the first CS would be "retrained" in a manner which just sounded very dystopian and that just answers a lot of questions.