Home The Bridge
Options

"Quality of Life Improvements," from the STLV19 Note

In reading the note from Ariel on the STLV meet-up, one thing jumped out at me:
As I mentioned at the meet-up, some of the requests for Quality of Life improvements are already being worked on and we are excited to get these out to you as soon as we can!

Unhinged speculation is usually not productive, but what do you think she might be referring to? Inventory? Cryo? What say you?

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope the inventory is one of them. As she wrote in plural... maybe something to speed up events like the long discussed one-click-build for Galaxies. It would probably raise their income as it all came down to p2w so it is not unlikely that they work on that.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping that line referred to a bunch of the longstanding requests from the forums:

- inventory --> cap and potentially farming and/or replicating directly from inventory screen

- crew selection for ship battles and arena --> similar interface as they developed for skirmishes, allowing for crew sorting/filtering

- replicator --> enhanced sorting/filtering options, ability to see name of single items before hitting the replicate button, tracker to know how many replications are remaining each day

- ships --> improved layout with some sorting/filtering options
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    In reading the note from Ariel on the STLV meet-up, one thing jumped out at me:
    As I mentioned at the meet-up, some of the requests for Quality of Life improvements are already being worked on and we are excited to get these out to you as soon as we can!

Unhinged speculation is usually not productive, but what do you think she might be referring to? Inventory? Cryo? What say you?

Didn't Shan say that the 1000 Item issue was not a problem and would not be fixed?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the pictures but I would have liked more information. Hopefully we will get some good info and cool stuff in a timely fashion.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Didn't Shan say that the 1000 Item issue was not a problem and would not be fixed?

Not really, she said:
    Shan wrote: »
    We are not ignoring the problem, it is a tough one to implement appropriate solutions for unfortunately :(

I hope she was not only referring to useless campaign rewards but the item limit as well.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Not really, she said:
    We are not ignoring the problem, it is a tough one to implement appropriate solutions for unfortunately :(

I hope she was not only referring to useless campaign rewards but the item limit as well.

I thought there was a thread where the 1000 limit was specifically being discussed and her relay of company stance was "It's not an issue" ?

I see that thread in Engineering where Shan says that they are working on it. But thought there was a thread there with the other info. "Not an issue", I mean. I guess not.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    My hope on quality of life is the voyage ship selection. I can deal with the rest so called problems

Yes, that is annoying and worse with every new ship. Why are uncommon ship even in there? Is anyone using uncommon ships on voyages? Once u get one legendary ship in dabo the uncommon ships are worthless for voyages.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Not really, she said:

I thought there was a thread where the 1000 limit was specifically being discussed and her relay of company stance was "It's not an issue" ?

Not really, she said:

I see that thread in Engineering where Shan says that they are working on it. But thought there was a thread there with the other info. "Not an issue", I mean. I guess not.

I'm trying to suggest this in a friendly manner, but Sanoa took the time to provide a link that does not sound like Shan was saying it's not an issue, but you are reiterating your belief she did in spite of quoted text Sanoa took the time to find for you.

Without doing another extensive search, my recollection of another reply to this issue from Shan (VERY paraphrased) "We are aware this is an issue for some players, please continue to report this to CS when you encounter it so we can track how many players are affected".

This is a typical method for software developers to work, glitches and bug fixes tend to be prioritized for their gameplay impact but also the volume of players experiencing the problem. Very rare problems are not generally prioritized, while as problems begin affecting more players they are moved up the priority list.

I would encourage yourself and anyone reading this post when they have to clean out their inventory again, submit another ticket to CS to aid in this prioritization.

Let me try to be polite back, then. I did not say she said it there, or anywhere. I said I THOUGHT she had said it in a thread somewhere else. And I had already admitted that apparently I misremembered.

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    My hope on quality of life is the voyage ship selection. I can deal with the rest so called problems

Yes, that is annoying and worse with every new ship. Why are uncommon ship even in there? Is anyone using uncommon ships on voyages? Once u get one legendary ship in dabo the uncommon ships are worthless for voyages.

The only people who should be considering anything less than a 5* ship are those on their first several weeks of playing, who haven’t amassed enough Bounty/Cube/Prakesh/Krayton schematics to get a level 1 version. By the time you can get a 4* ship you should be able to get at least two or three 5*s leveled to the point where the 4* even with a trait bonus should be even money.

Whether the voyage list automatically filters out 1-4* ships or we finally get the Mothball Fleet idea some of us have kicked around for months, something has to change.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    How about a trait button i mentioned way back in time.
    I like to see my crew with matching trait for seats on voyage.
    I also wanted it with gauntlet. With gauntlet I would like to select between all crew matching three, all crew matching two or more, or finally all crew matching one or more.

As far as ship selection for voyage, people have mentioned this time an again, just start with the ship with highest AM. It will not matter what level it is then.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

The only people who should be considering anything less than a 5* ship are those on their first several weeks of playing, who haven’t amassed enough Bounty/Cube/Prakesh/Krayton schematics to get a level 1 version. By the time you can get a 4* ship you should be able to get at least two or three 5*s leveled to the point where the 4* even with a trait bonus should be even money.

Whether the voyage list automatically filters out 1-4* ships or we finally get the Mothball Fleet idea some of us have kicked around for months, something has to change.

I'm a huge fan of the Ships being listed by AM, with the highest one or ones first. If a Level Ten Ship has the Bonus, you should not have to look for it.

That would certainly help the Voyages interface...thing is, having a “cryo vault” for ships will also clean up the Build & Change Ships interface. Assuming, that is, that there isn’t a plan to make that look like the crew interface rather than the painful scrollfest that it currently is.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a huge fan of the Ships being listed by AM, with the highest one or ones first. If a Level Ten Ship has the Bonus, you should not have to look for it.

That would certainly help the Voyages interface...thing is, having a “cryo vault” for ships will also clean up the Build & Change Ships interface. Assuming, that is, that there isn’t a plan to make that look like the crew interface rather than the painful scrollfest that it currently is.

You’re right on with this Dirk. Let me just dump which ones I don’t ever use in a ship yard

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    On starship usage: While I agree the UI needs improvement, my main beef is that my favorite ships (Enterprise-D, Voyager, Defiant) -- aren't Legendary. So I never use them. This was partly rectified by adding the Enterprise-A, Enterprise-E, and Pike's Enterprise to the game. The ISS Defiant and Assimilated Voyager also helped, but this remains a deficiency in my view.

The worst is the lack of a Galaxy-class legendary ship. Maybe the addition of the 3-nacelle version of the Enterprise-D from "All good things . . ." would help.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know quality of life issues main mean the waiting time between doing things. Ads, shuttles, voyages, cadet missions, arena...

Could also mean wait time with animation.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I was hoping that line referred to a bunch of the longstanding requests from the forums:

- inventory --> cap and potentially farming and/or replicating directly from inventory screen

- crew selection for ship battles and arena --> similar interface as they developed for skirmishes, allowing for crew sorting/filtering

- replicator --> enhanced sorting/filtering options, ability to see name of single items before hitting the replicate button, tracker to know how many replications are remaining each day

- ships --> improved layout with some sorting/filtering options

I can't believe I forgot one...

- faction AND shuttles --> in-game explanation of how they are calculated