Home Ready Room
Options

Star upgrading Question ...

Hi All,

A bit of a newb question if i may.
Regarding the upgrading of the stars to the characters, is there any benefit of maxing each card to level 100 then fusing them together.
Or is it just best to add a Level 1 card to another level 1 then level that fused card to 100 ?

So for example if a i had 4 of the same purple 4 star card and fused as follows........Lvl 100 fused - lvl 100 fused - lvl 100 fused - lvl 100 fused.
Is that any different from ......Lvl 100 fused - lvl 1 fused, - lvl 1 fused - lvl 1 fused ?
Both will be maxed level 100 with 4 stars within.

Hope that makes sense.

I have been levelling the first card to lvl100 then each subsequent card to lvl 50 then fusing them but im starting to think its a waste of time and resources to level subsequent cards to 50 then fusing.

My original thought was the the higher the numbers a card has when fusing would make for overall a higher better card ? Is that true.

Thanks all for taking the time to read this question.

Comments

• Options
    Only level one copy. It does not change the stats of the fused character, and it wastes resources to level both.
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Phil Fogg wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Is that any different from ......Lvl 100 fused - lvl 1 fused, - lvl 1 fused - lvl 1 fused ?

No, there’s no difference, you can safely fuse any lvl 1 card into whatever level card you have. There’s no difference in leveling 1/4* and 4/4* too, it takes the same amount of equipment and xp.

So when you get a card you can just level it and then fuse another cards into it on the way when you get them.

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although there are no technical reasons why it needs to be done one way or the other, there are a few strategy-related exceptions:

-If you don’t have all of the copies required to fuse a crew that has good proficiencies (for gauntlet or even voyage use), I would say it is preferable to level them up and get use out of them while waiting for more stars. For base-heavy crew, it really depends on whether they can still fill a skills gap or not...sometimes, a partially-fused, fully-leveled crew may still be useful in an event.

-If you are trying to make one of the fused characters (Tuvix, The Duras Sisters, One Zero Zero One, Evolved Janeway, or Indulgent Seven), leveling to 99 instead of 100 is the best way to go. All of the fusions can be done at level 1, though you then have to build all of the more expensive equipment...leveling one of the two precursor crew to 99 and fully equipping them means that the equipment slots will be full after the fusion is completed. Plus, if you are leveling the 3/3* or 4/4* precursor, you want to avoid immortalizing them as doing so will ruin all of your hard work (which I did once when creating Tuvix).
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leave purple crew unleveled until they fit one of three conditions:

1. I have a 4th star for them. Once they are fully fused, I level them up and freeze them.

2. They are event crew. I level those up in the hoped that they might be useful.

3. I have them at 3/4 and have no gold crew to level for skirmishes.

Bonus 4. They are one of the few amazing purple crew for gauntlet or voyages.

That still levels them fairly quickly. I only have 16 purple crew unleveled at the moment. There are a few more I've never owned that are not in the Vault yet.
  • Options
    LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, what actually happens when fusing a 2/X level 1 crew with a 1/X level 100 crew?

Do they correctly merge into a level 100 3/X?
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Leshy wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what actually happens when fusing a 2/X level 1 crew with a 1/X level 100 crew?

Do they correctly merge into a level 100 3/X?

Yes, it takes the highest level not the level of the most starred copy

• Options
    Thank you all for your insight into my question. All very helpful.
    Great community.
  • Options
    I have a question and a comment.

My question is: What is the best way to get Max Stats for a crew member? From what I gathering here, level up one crew card to Lvl 99, then fuse lvl 1 cards to that Lvl 99 card till you got max stars (2 - 5 stars). Then finishing leveling up the card. Is this right?

There is one thing I would like to add to that and this is what I have done after getting a bunch of crew cards maxed upgraded cards that are pretty weak statted. If you are trying to max out stats, I have found out that if I upgade the card to max, then click on the heart icon on the bottom right of the image area, I am getting better stats when the crew member reaches level 100. But I have seen crew cards who have stats that are over 1,000, which means I am not doing something quite right.

Thanks for taking time to read my post.
  • Options
    The best way to get max stats on a crew member is to level them to 100 and equip all items, they will be strongest once they are immortalised by adding stars.

If you are creating "fusion" crew (like Tuvix for an example) then you don't want to immortalise the crew member until you have fused a fully fused Amb. Neelix / Chief Security Office Tuvok with their counterpart.

What cards do you currently have maxed and what are you comparing them to? If you are comparing fully fused 3 star crew to 5 star crew then there is going to be a gulf between their bases.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    recondax wrote: »
    I have a question and a comment.

My question is: What is the best way to get Max Stats for a crew member? From what I gathering here, level up one crew card to Lvl 99, then fuse lvl 1 cards to that Lvl 99 card till you got max stars (2 - 5 stars). Then finishing leveling up the card. Is this right?

There is one thing I would like to add to that and this is what I have done after getting a bunch of crew cards maxed upgraded cards that are pretty weak statted. If you are trying to max out stats, I have found out that if I upgade the card to max, then click on the heart icon on the bottom right of the image area, I am getting better stats when the crew member reaches level 100. But I have seen crew cards who have stats that are over 1,000, which means I am not doing something quite right.

Thanks for taking time to read my post.

- Level to 100 ... the lvl 99 thing was from back in the early days when not everybody could warp missions (long story) ... also the lvl 99 thing is for when you want to create cards like Tuxiv, The Duras Sisters etc.

- The "heart" icon is to indicate that that crew is a favourite and so moves them to the top of your crew list no matter what ... if you do not "heart" any crew then crew that have items that can be built and equipped, or crew that can be fused are at the top of your list. "Hearting" crew helps a player focus on a couple of key crew to level and equip.

- There is a bug that when you fully equip a crew with their last item the total stats do not always show correctly, you have to restart the game to see the correct stats. This might be the reason for the phenomenon you state.

- There are many crew with stats over 1000 ... you just happen to be levelling crew who don't have stats over 1000 when they hit lvl 100 ... crew like Victorian Pulaski have over 1000 when 3/4 (with starbase and collection bonuses) and there are plenty of 1/5s that will have base stats of over 1000 (see the new Janeway CMD with starbase bonuses).
    You are not doing anything wrong, it will take time to get in good crew.
  • Options
    If you compare the same crew that others have to your own, but you don't have all the collections complete they do or as complete of a starbase in your fleet as they do, your stats will be lower for the same card. That's why people work on completing collections and leveling up their fleet's starbase.

There is a very large difference between the strength of some cards to others, you should not expect that every crew will have over 1000 stats. Thus, there is value in learning which crew are the strongest and prioritize them, and consider air locking weaker ones when you are running out of space. This is a decision making process all players must make.

If you need help with that process, make use of the great tools available in this thread:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4834/assistance-for-players-spreadsheets-help-sites-lists/p1